PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fatso TomASSe

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I guess he does read this site.:cool:

Here's the thing that gets me. Ron Borges, a truly bad guy through and through, ran roughshod over the Patriots and their fans for more than two decades, and while that was certainly noted here, I didn't see any Globe links disappearing from the main page. I didn't see thread after thread after thread of this mickey mouse bull**** every time the guy's head popped out of the bunker. I didn't like that story any better than the rest of you, but this ridiculous boycott and all these threads make this site look like a bunch of petulant children who don't want to admit that they have decided that it was Tomase's fault that they didn't go 19-0. This bothers me most of all because I've been a member here for a few years, a lurker for many more, and I am a big fan of people like MoLewisRocks, and Seb over in the draft thread, and the poster (Unoriginal?) and his brilliant o-line analysis, and there is so much here to feel good about and enjoy here, yet increasingly, the brain surgeons like this thread starter are slowly taking over and dragging this site and this board into the gutter. I don't know Ian and I don't know what he was thinking when he removed those links from the front page, but Ian, its wrong, and only a few degrees of separation from organizing a book burning down at the library. I wish you would reconsider, or if not, at least consider pulling the 'Best Fans on Earth' from the masthead. Because there's no way we'll ever be 'Best Fans on Earth' when there's so many here who can barely put two coherant words together, and their senseless yammering drowns out the valuable contributions of your best posters, not to mention Chris and your other columnists.

And no, before the most ignorant of you brand me with the scarlet letter, I'm not in any way affiliated with the Herald or Tomase. I'm a Pats fan of 40 years, a member here, and I cannot believe what this site is coming to. I don't want to remove the bookmark and not return. I want the site here, so that I can hear the thoughts of smart, thoughtful people like Mo and Seb and Unoriginal without having to comb through yet another 'TomASSe' thread.

That said, it is very possible that he has an account on here. As Keegs said, he doesn't exactly look like he spends his spare time working out (unless you count cheeseburger curls as a workout).

It's just as possible that Keegs is his account.

I don't really understand the boycott/hatred of Tomase, especially on the personal level. He is a reporter, his job is to report. He did that, Walsh's believability notwithstanding.

Here's the thing that gets me. Ron Borges, a truly bad guy through and through, ran roughshod over the Patriots and their fans for more than two decades, and while that was certainly noted here, I didn't see any Globe links disappearing from the main page. I didn't see thread after thread after thread of this mickey mouse bull**** every time the guy's head popped out of the bunker. I didn't like that story any better than the rest of you, but this ridiculous boycott and all these threads make this site look like a bunch of petulant children who don't want to admit that they have decided that it was Tomase's fault that they didn't go 19-0. This bothers me most of all because I've been a member here for a few years, a lurker for many more, and I am a big fan of people like MoLewisRocks, and Seb over in the draft thread, and the poster (Unoriginal?) and his brilliant o-line analysis, and there is so much here to feel good about and enjoy here, yet increasingly, the brain surgeons like this thread starter are slowly taking over and dragging this site and this board into the gutter. I don't know Ian and I don't know what he was thinking when he removed those links from the front page, but Ian, its wrong, and only a few degrees of separation from organizing a book burning down at the library. I wish you would reconsider, or if not, at least consider pulling the 'Best Fans on Earth' from the masthead. Because there's no way we'll ever be 'Best Fans on Earth' when there's so many here who can barely put two coherant words together, and their senseless yammering drowns out the valuable contributions of your best posters, not to mention Chris and your other columnists.

And no, before the most ignorant of you brand me with the scarlet letter, I'm not in any way affiliated with the Herald or Tomase. I'm a Pats fan of 40 years, a member here, and I cannot believe what this site is coming to. I don't want to remove the bookmark and not return. I want the site here, so that I can hear the thoughts of smart, thoughtful people like Mo and Seb and Unoriginal without having to comb through yet another 'TomASSe' thread.

(begins slow clap) Well said.

It's just as possible that Keegs is his account.

I don't really understand the boycott/hatred of Tomase, especially on the personal level. He is a reporter, his job is to report. He did that, Walsh's believability notwithstanding.
That is exactly right. He very likely did it poorly in this case. Even more, there should have been higher standards on the part of his employers in terms of what gets printed. Ideally, that story would not have been printed without more substance, and if none existed, it should have been flushed. It was paper thin and worth nothing.

None of this excuses the downward spiral of this board since.

(begins slow clap) Well said.
Just to be clear, it wasn't intended as support for trolls who enjoy throwing around the word 'cheated' just to piss others off. Anybody who loves professional football understands that every team since the beginning of time will leave no stone unturned to gain an advantage over an opponent, and also understands that the abject hysteria that followed the Patriots violation of the rules and the subsequent punishment was nothing but the frustrated howling of an unholy alliance of a scorned media and the Pats underachieving rivals.

None of this would have occurred had the Super Bowl resulted in a win. The Tomase hate is a simple attempt to pin the loss on someone in the public sphere by people incapable of dealing with a loss by what is really just a football team (sorry, I love this team as much as the next person, and I was out of my skull when they lost... but I'm over it now).

That is exactly right. He very likely did it poorly in this case. Even more, there should have been higher standards on the part of his employers in terms of what gets printed. Ideally, that story would not have been printed without more substance, and if none existed, it should have been flushed. It was paper thin and worth nothing.

I think the spiral began before the Thomase story. Early on, the first wave of Spygate was pretty bad around here, but it was acceptable because at that time it was us against everyone else, then their was the shameless bragging and ****iness during the undefeated streak that would have made anyone hate the Patriots and their fans, finally came losing the Super Bowl and the whole Arlen Specter/Matt Walsh/John Thomase mess. Now, we are where we are.

Last edited:
Just to be clear, it wasn't intended as support for trolls who enjoy throwing around the word 'cheated' just to piss others off. Anybody who loves professional football understands that every team since the beginning of time will leave no stone unturned to gain an advantage over an opponent, and also understands that the abject hysteria that followed the Patriots violation of the rules and the subsequent punishment was nothing but the frustrated howling of an unholy alliance of a scorned media and the Pats underachieving rivals.

If I've used the word "cheated" it's because some people here need to be humbled and that word around here is like garlic. Correct, every team will leave no stone unturned to gain an advantage over an opponent. But, almost always, it's within the rules of the game.

By the way, how can a Pats fan troll a Pats site?

None of this would have occurred had the Super Bowl resulted in a win. The Tomase hate is a simple attempt to pin the loss on someone in the public sphere by people incapable of dealing with a loss by what is really just a football team (sorry, I love this team as much as the next person, and I was out of my skull when they lost... but I'm over it now).
We are in complete agreement.

If I've used the word "cheated" it's because some people here need to be humbled and that word around here is like garlic. Correct, every team will leave no stone unturned to gain an advantage over an opponent. But, almost always, it's within the rules of the game.
Sure it is. Tell that to Brown, Halas and countless others. You're being completely naive.

And I'll add that I'm perfectly fine with all of it. If the Colts were pumping in noise and getting one over on the Pats, in my mind, its up to the Pats to counter it. Its part of what makes the NFL the NFL.

And here's how a Pats fan can troll a Pats site.

Yes, I am Thomase. Patriots cheated. It's on tape. Thank you for reading my column.

Last edited:
It's called running with a joke.
Okay.
If I've used the word "cheated" it's because some people here need to be humbled and that word around here is like garlic.
I'm just saying that it only perpetuates the problem. You're not going to 'humble' anybody. You're just going to egg them on to more idiocy by doing that.

Since we seem to be in agreement as to my initial point - the degeneration of this site and this board, which we both seem to lament - I'll withdraw what was perhaps a hasty troll comment and suggest that we focus on seeoing what we can do to get THAT dialogue going in hopes that we can be a small part of turning it around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down