PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fatso TomASSe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomase's reckless reporting not only had an influence in the Giants victory

..........and you have proof of this? Which player did you speak to? Can you get me an autographed ball?

I hope you realize how ridiculous that statement is. The Pats stared down the media all year long when Spygate was running rampant. Even destroyed their opponents in anger. What makes you think this one was what caused the Pats to lose?

Even then, here is a better reason why we lost: Not even Tom Brady can make a throw when he's on his back. Let me drill this through everyone's head: WE DID NOT LOSE BECAUSE OF TOMASE, WE DID NOT LOSE BECAUSE THE O-LINE SUCKS, WE DID NOT LOSE BECAUSE OF BRADY'S ANKLE, AND WE SURE AS HELL DIDN'T LOSE BECAUSE OF THE MEDIA. We lost because we got outplayed!!! We won all year long and bashed fans from other teams that made whiny little excuses. How about we extend ourselves the same courtesy or shut our mouths altogether?

Attesting to the judgement and restraint of Ron Borges. That's a badge of honor.

How did what Tomase wrote affect the whole organization? Specifically?

It called into question the legitimacy of their previous SB Championships, particularly their first.

Before that story, very few people were quesioning the Patriot's championships. All he had to do was wait until after the SB to publish it. Researching the validity further would have been nich also.

Tomase and the Herald were wrong to publish it when they did with as little info as they had. There is no defense of it in my opinion.

No eliquent post by you is going to change that. They were wrong. I am choosing to withold my support from him and the paper as a result.

..........and you have proof of this?
Yeah, I'm sure that being hounded by the press for two days didn't cause any kind of distraction. Neither did the having the head of the Senate Judiciary Committee threaten a Superbowl QB the DAY OF THE DRAFT with being the subject of a wide-scale investigation have an effect. If wasn't like we ended up scoring fewer points in the superbowl than we did in the other 18 games we played this year.

Think.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm sure that being hounded by the press for two days didn't cause any kind of distraction. Neither did the having the head of the Senate Judiciary Committee threaten a Superbowl QB the DAY OF THE DRAFT with being the subject of a wide-scale investigation have an effect. If wasn't like we ended up scoring fewer points in the superbowl than we did in the other 18 games we played this year.

Think.

LMAO!!! So the Senate Judiciary Committee pumped up the Giants front four to just run past our lineman and knock Brady on his back? And maybe I didn't hear of this, but when was Brady ever the subject of the open investigation? All I've heard (anywhere) is that Belichick and his staff were the subjects, not the quarterback. Present me with facts (links), please.

LMAO!!! So the Senate Judiciary Committee pumped up the Giants front four to just run past our lineman and knock Brady on his back? And maybe I didn't hear of this, but when was Brady ever the subject of the open investigation? All I've heard (anywhere) is that Belichick and his staff were the subjects, not the quarterback. Present me with facts (links), please.

You obviously didn't listen to any of Specter's interviews the morning of the SB, when he said he would haul Brady in for questioning in Washington that Tuesday. Are you too lazy to do your own research?

You sound like a person who's never been exposed to public criticism at all, therefore you have no concept of how it affects people. Keep on laughing in your dream world.

You obviously didn't listen to any of Specter's interviews the morning of the SB, when he said he would haul Brady in for questioning in Washington that Tuesday. Are you too lazy to do your own research?

You sound like a person who's never been exposed to public criticism at all, therefore you have no concept of how it affects people. Keep on laughing in your dream world.

Actually, I didn't really listen to anything Specter said. Just thought he was an old man with nothing better to do than go on some witch hunt in the NFL for no good reason. The no good reason part has been confirmed, I guess (since Walsh just wants to be left alone). Plus, it's not like there's anything better for a senator to do, right? I mean, with the situation going on overseas, there must not be!

Either way though, if that's correct then Specter could be blamed for a couple of bad throws by Brady. But the original writer blamed Tomase for it. That's just ridiculous considering how many grenades were thrown at the Pats by the media throughout the year.

By the way, what is your ranking in public office where you have been exposed to public criticism? You sound like a real expert. :rolleyes:

Actually, I didn't really listen to anything Specter said. Just thought he was an old man with nothing better to do than go on some witch hunt in the NFL for no good reason. The no good reason part has been confirmed, I guess (since Walsh just wants to be left alone). Plus, it's not like there's anything better for a senator to do, right? I mean, with the situation going on overseas, there must not be!

Either way though, if that's correct then Specter could be blamed for a couple of bad throws by Brady. But the original writer blamed Tomase for it. That's just ridiculous considering how many grenades were thrown at the Pats by the media throughout the year.

By the way, what is your ranking in public office where you have been exposed to public criticism? You sound like a real expert. :rolleyes:

Are you unaware that the Tomase article was the "source" document that Specter and others used to justify their attacks on the Pats? Pretending that the Tomase article wasn't a big deal is disingenuous and absurd.

EDIT: I crossed the line with a few comments and was wrong to do so.

Last edited:
Here's the thing that gets me. Ron Borges, a truly bad guy through and through, ran roughshod over the Patriots and their fans for more than two decades, and while that was certainly noted here, I didn't see any Globe links disappearing from the main page. I didn't see thread after thread after thread of this mickey mouse bull**** every time the guy's head popped out of the bunker. I didn't like that story any better than the rest of you, but this ridiculous boycott and all these threads make this site look like a bunch of petulant children who don't want to admit that they have decided that it was Tomase's fault that they didn't go 19-0. This bothers me most of all because I've been a member here for a few years, a lurker for many more, and I am a big fan of people like MoLewisRocks, and Seb over in the draft thread, and the poster (Unoriginal?) and his brilliant o-line analysis, and there is so much here to feel good about and enjoy here, yet increasingly, the brain surgeons like this thread starter are slowly taking over and dragging this site and this board into the gutter. I don't know Ian and I don't know what he was thinking when he removed those links from the front page, but Ian, its wrong, and only a few degrees of separation from organizing a book burning down at the library. I wish you would reconsider, or if not, at least consider pulling the 'Best Fans on Earth' from the masthead. Because there's no way we'll ever be 'Best Fans on Earth' when there's so many here who can barely put two coherant words together, and their senseless yammering drowns out the valuable contributions of your best posters, not to mention Chris and your other columnists.

And no, before the most ignorant of you brand me with the scarlet letter, I'm not in any way affiliated with the Herald or Tomase. I'm a Pats fan of 40 years, a member here, and I cannot believe what this site is coming to. I don't want to remove the bookmark and not return. I want the site here, so that I can hear the thoughts of smart, thoughtful people like Mo and Seb and Unoriginal without having to comb through yet another 'TomASSe' thread.

I agree.

That said, with Borges, they won and eventually all was forgiven until his next article.:)

Unfortunately for Tomasse they lost, so he'll never, ever be forgiven. (Never, ever, ever!!!:))

You can't very well hold a grudge against any player or coach that could be a scapegoat. Tomasse volunteered to be the scape goat and is paying for the loss.

My suggestion to him, since several think he reads here, is to shop his resume around other cities. He's done in New England. Bill Buckner was forgiven after 22 years. So will Tomasse, but 22 years is a long time.

Think.

See? It was not the players, but you, Tomasse. Change cities.

Are you unaware that the Tomase article was the "source" document that Specter and others used to justify their attacks on the Pats?
-Are you aware that the Pats were harpooned by the media all season and still destroyed their opponents? I'm sure one man's article had no bearing on how they performed. A good argument could be made for Specter because of the office he holds. But to blame Tomase directly for the Super Bowl loss is ridiculous and makes you look like you don't have to stones to just admit that we got outplayed. Excuses are the lamest thing you can do, especially when your team goes 18-0 and loses the Super Bowl. You keep making excuses, I'll live in reality. We got outplayed whether or not a senator was in Brady's head. The sooner you admit that, the less depressed you'll be about that game.

Pretending that the Tomase article wasn't a big deal is disingenuous and absurd.
-I never said it wasn't a big deal. I DID say that his article wasn't to blame for the loss. The Giants front four were.

I can tell you are a very casual fan of this team,
-I've been a die-hard fan of the Pats since 1993. By the way, I was 7 years old at that time. So yeah, call me casual, I guess. Whatever makes you feel better, buddy. And are the personal attacks really necessary? Last time I checked, I haven't attacked you and have debated you so far.

so I can understand why you don't feel too strongly about this issue.
-Well I guess I posted in every Spygate/Specter thread saying that Specter is a joke for no good reason then, eh? BRILLIANT logic you're displaying here, Nostradamus.

I have already deduced from your various other pathetic posts that you are (1) not highly educated
-I'm actively persuing my business degree at the University of North Florida. One of the benefits of being 21. Would you like me to scan my transcripts and Photobucket them on here for you?

-You have a point here.

(3) have never held a position of real responsibility in your life
-And you're deducting this from what? Because I've never been exposed to PUBLIC criticism? So far, you've done nothing but fling pathetic personal attacks at me instead of debating me. With this post, you have made absolutely ZERO points whatsoever and are now wasting my time. But hey, I'm at work and have nothing but time to waste. Besides, I'm always happy to educate the mentally ******ed. By the way, you dodged my question so I'll ask it again: WHAT POSITION IN OFFICE HAVE YOU HELD WHERE YOU WERE EXPOSED TO PUBLIC CRITICISM? YOU SEEM TO BE A REAL EXPERT AT IT :rolleyes:

(4) have never had to present yourself in the public sphere.
-So I guess having to present a report on the state of the national economy in front of 600 students couldn't be considered present oneself in the public sphere? What is your IQ?

Nailing 1 out of 4 isn't bad. I'll be the first to admit I'm lazy. The rest though, with that logic, you should probably stay out of this thread. I mean, your thought process and logic is so horrible that (even if I did originally take your opinion seriously) I can not longer listen to your opinion on anything. But here, let me do what you did and take stabs at you based on your posts around here.

I have already deduced from your various other pathetic posts that you are: (yes, we use a colon there) (1) highly overweight, (2) based on your sudden temper, I'd wager to bet that you have not so much as smelled someone of the opposite (or maybe in your case, the same) sex in years, (3) have no friends whatsoever, (4) have no personal life where you can actually go out and vent your frustrations. DID I HIT TEH MAKR??/

Please get back to me when you are actually capable of debate, or grow a few brain cells. Whichever one comes first... or comes at all.

Last edited:
-Are you aware that the Pats were harpooned by the media all season and still destroyed their opponents? I'm sure one man's article had no bearing on how they performed. A good argument could be made for Specter because of the office he holds. But to blame Tomase directly for the Super Bowl loss is ridiculous and makes you look like you don't have to stones to just admit that we got outplayed. Excuses are the lamest thing you can do, especially when your team goes 18-0 and loses the Super Bowl. You keep making excuses, I'll live in reality. We got outplayed whether or not a senator was in Brady's head. The sooner you admit that, the less depressed you'll be about that game.

-I never said it wasn't a big deal. I DID say that his article wasn't to blame for the loss. The Giants front four were.

-I've been a die-hard fan of the Pats since 1993. By the way, I was 7 years old at that time. So yeah, call me casual, I guess. Whatever makes you feel better, buddy. And are the personal attacks really necessary? Last time I checked, I haven't attacked you and have debated you so far.

-Well I guess I posted in every Spygate/Specter thread saying that Specter is a joke for no good reason then, eh? BRILLIANT logic you're displaying here, Nostradamus.

-I'm actively persuing my business degree at the University of North Florida. One of the benefits of being 21. Would you like me to scan my transcripts and Photobucket them on here for you?

-You have a point here.

-And you're deducting this from what? Because I've never been exposed to PUBLIC criticism? So far, you've done nothing but fling pathetic personal attacks at me instead of debating me. With this post, you have made absolutely ZERO points whatsoever and are now wasting my time. But hey, I'm at work and have nothing but time to waste. Besides, I'm always happy to educate the mentally ******ed. By the way, you dodged my question so I'll ask it again: WHAT POSITION IN OFFICE HAVE YOU HELD WHERE YOU WERE EXPOSED TO PUBLIC CRITICISM? YOU SEEM TO BE A REAL EXPERT AT IT :rolleyes:

-So I guess having to present a report on the state of the national economy in front of 600 students couldn't be considered present oneself in the public sphere? What is your IQ?

Nailing 1 out of 4 isn't bad. I'll be the first to admit I'm lazy. The rest though, with that logic, you should probably stay out of this thread. I mean, your thought process and logic is so horrible that (even if I did originally take your opinion seriously) I can not longer listen to your opinion on anything. But here, let me do what you did and take stabs at you based on your posts around here.

I have already deduced from your various other pathetic posts that you are: (yes, we use a colon there) (1) highly overweight, (2) based on your sudden temper, I'd wager to bet that you have not so much as smelled someone of the opposite (or maybe in your case, the same) sex in years, (3) have no friends whatsoever, (4) have no personal life where you can actually go out and vent your frustrations. DID I HIT TEH MAKR??/

Please get back to me when you are actually capable of debate, or grow a few brain cells. Whichever one comes first... or comes at all.

I already edited out and apologized for those comments. I guess you didn't notice. I'll leave it at that.

I already edited out and apologized for those comments. I guess you didn't notice. I'll leave it at that.

Very well, then. Apology accepted. Let's move on.

..........and you have proof of this? Which player did you speak to? Can you get me an autographed ball?

I hope you realize how ridiculous that statement is. The Pats stared down the media all year long when Spygate was running rampant. Even destroyed their opponents in anger. What makes you think this one was what caused the Pats to lose?

Even then, here is a better reason why we lost: Not even Tom Brady can make a throw when he's on his back. Let me drill this through everyone's head: WE DID NOT LOSE BECAUSE OF TOMASE, WE DID NOT LOSE BECAUSE THE O-LINE SUCKS, WE DID NOT LOSE BECAUSE OF BRADY'S ANKLE, AND WE SURE AS HELL DIDN'T LOSE BECAUSE OF THE MEDIA. We lost because we got outplayed!!! We won all year long and bashed fans from other teams that made whiny little excuses. How about we extend ourselves the same courtesy or shut our mouths altogether?

We absolutely got outplayed. The more important question is, why did we get outplayed? Why were we flat in the biggest game there is on the NFL stage? Please don't talk as if YOU have the facts. Do you have an autographed football? No, you do not. So you don't know how all the BS affected the Patriots, do you?

"We got outplayed"...wow, you're a genius!

The apalling & shameful thing about Tomasse's story and Specter's timing is that it was obviously intended to hurt the Patriots chances at winning another SB. I believe almost all the national media along with Specter tried to distract the Patriots as much as they possibly could. Did it work? Can we blame them for losing the super bowl? No one can say. Not me...not anyone. But I know if I were a Patriot or was Bill Belichik, I would have had a real hard time not being affected by the bullsh** that was said & written.

To me, it was the national media's way of saying "We hate the F'ing Patriots and we want you to lose in a very bad way"....just my opinion.

And no....Belichik did not bring it upon himself.

Last edited:
Here's the thing that gets me. Ron Borges, a truly bad guy through and through, ran roughshod over the Patriots and their fans for more than two decades, and while that was certainly noted here, I didn't see any Globe links disappearing from the main page. I didn't see thread after thread after thread of this mickey mouse bull**** every time the guy's head popped out of the bunker. I didn't like that story any better than the rest of you, but this ridiculous boycott and all these threads make this site look like a bunch of petulant children who don't want to admit that they have decided that it was Tomase's fault that they didn't go 19-0. This bothers me most of all because I've been a member here for a few years, a lurker for many more, and I am a big fan of people like MoLewisRocks, and Seb over in the draft thread, and the poster (Unoriginal?) and his brilliant o-line analysis, and there is so much here to feel good about and enjoy here, yet increasingly, the brain surgeons like this thread starter are slowly taking over and dragging this site and this board into the gutter. I don't know Ian and I don't know what he was thinking when he removed those links from the front page, but Ian, its wrong, and only a few degrees of separation from organizing a book burning down at the library. I wish you would reconsider, or if not, at least consider pulling the 'Best Fans on Earth' from the masthead. Because there's no way we'll ever be 'Best Fans on Earth' when there's so many here who can barely put two coherant words together, and their senseless yammering drowns out the valuable contributions of your best posters, not to mention Chris and your other columnists.

And no, before the most ignorant of you brand me with the scarlet letter, I'm not in any way affiliated with the Herald or Tomase. I'm a Pats fan of 40 years, a member here, and I cannot believe what this site is coming to. I don't want to remove the bookmark and not return. I want the site here, so that I can hear the thoughts of smart, thoughtful people like Mo and Seb and Unoriginal without having to comb through yet another 'TomASSe' thread.

Here's a suggestion for you, while you catch your breath from preaching to us mouthbreathers from your ivory tower:

Don't read the dam thread if it annoys you this much. I don't read every thread posted here; I may not have the time, or I may find the topic boring, or silly, or redundant, or whatever. But I don't enter a thread with whose premise I may disagree, simply to insult those who post in it and to belittle the opinions they offer. I actually had a couple of good LOLs, until now.

"...a book-burning down at the library..." Un-effin-believable. The freedom to, in this case, not read someone or something, and to provide the reasons why, is 180 degrees different from preventing anybody from reading someone or something, at any time or place. And I choose not to read anything that Ton-ass writes, for the same reasons that others have chosen not to do so.

We absolutely got outplayed. The more important question is, why did we get outplayed? Why were we flat in the biggest game there is on the NFL stage? Please don't talk as if YOU have the facts. Do you have an autographed football? No, you do not. So you don't know how all the BS affected the Patriots, do you?

"We got outplayed"...wow, you're a genius!

The apalling & shameful thing about Tomasse's story and Specter's timing is that it was obviously intended to hurt the Patriots chances at winning another SB. I believe almost all the national media along with Specter tried to distract the Patriots as much as they possibly could. Did it work? Can we blame them for losing the super bowl? No one can say. Not me...not anyone. But I know if I were a Patriot or was Bill Belichik, I would have had a real hard time not being affected by the bullsh** that was said & written.

To me, it was the national media's way of saying "We hate the F'ing Patriots and we want you to lose in a very bad way"....just my opinion.

And no....Belichik did not bring it upon himself.

I realize I don't have all the answers. I can just tell you what's most apparent to me. Let's look at New York's defensive stats when it came to rushing the passer:

Sacks: 5
Hurries: 12
Knockdowns: 9

That's 26 times in the game he was pressured as he dropped back to pass. We had never seen unrelenting pressure like that the entire season. That, coupled with an ankle that wasn't fully healed, mixed a recipe for disaster for our offense. Out of those 26 hurries, Brady dropped back to pass 48 times. Pressure like that is exactly how the '85 Bears won the Super Bowl. So yeah, you can make whatever excuse you want about why we lost the Super Bowl. I did that too but I'm over the loss now and ready for next season. But I'm still going to argue with you over it because I'm looking at the most obvious stat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back