PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fans at the game today: boo to you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Our fans are "dog-fakers"

Get over yourselves season ticket holders (and this isn't aimed at the above poster, necessarily), you all should've stayed at the game, and you shouldn't have booed. Its pathetic and embarrassing for our fanbase that that happened yesterday.

I don't know how people keep bringing this nonsensical notion up that booing your home team is a rare despicable act. EVERY team gets booed at some time by their own fans no matter how "good" their fans are. The Pittsburgh Steelers are known nationwide for having the 'best' following and most 'diehard' fans yet their team gets booed YEARLY... This is a team with 6 Super Bowls and won it all last year, yet last year in the first home game vs the Ravens the fans booed their offense off the field one drive. Earlier this year in the Oakland game the fans booed the effort again. That's a team that just won the super bowl!! It's not embarrassing when practially EVERY OTHER FAN BASE DOES IT. Why do people insist it's just Patriot fans.

You're the one spewing this self-righteous diatribe right now on what you perceive to be the fans at the game when you admittedly don't go.

Again - it's not self-righteous. Not all 50+ thousand fans were boo-ing yesterday. A select few people were.

You keep bringing up that "I don't go". I bet I go to as many games as most fans here, which, again, is probably once a year, maybe once every other. It's completely irrelevant all around. I've attended sporting events my entire life. I know what it's like, the season ticket holders are not in a unique position at all, and their experience is entirely easy to relate to and understand, as pretty much everyone here has attended dozens of sporting events and probably several, at least, Patriot games - thus I think anyone can pass a judgment on them.

What's not easy to relate to is playing professional football. Yet, for a certain faction of the fans yesterday, they were able to pass judgment on the Patriot players. Again, I don't see how that was productive or at all fair to this team.

Last edited:

I don't know how people keep bringing this nonsensical notion up that booing your home team is a rare despicable act. EVERY team gets booed at some time by their own fans no matter how "good" their fans are. The Pittsburgh Steelers are known nationwide for having the 'best' following and most 'diehard' fans yet their team gets booed YEARLY... This is a team with 6 Super Bowls and won it all last year, yet last year in the first home game vs the Ravens the fans booed their offense off the field one drive. Earlier this year in the Oakland game the fans booed the effort again. That's a team that just won the super bowl!! It's not embarrassing when practially EVERY OTHER FAN BASE DOES IT. Why do people insist it's just Patriot fans.

It is embarrassing when other fanbases do it. I generally think boo-ing one's own players is pretty pathetic, just as is questioning their desire. Specifically to this current Patriots team, I can't come up with a set of circumstances in which I think it would be appropriate to boo them.

Half-time of yesterday's game is certainly not on the list. That team was in the game, and - as Vince Wilfork himself said - the crowd made it seem like an away game. How productive is that.

Last edited:

What's not easy to relate to is playing professional football. Yet, for a certain faction of the fans yesterday, they were able to pass judgment on the Patriot players. Again, I don't see how that was productive or at all fair to this team.

You act like these guys play for free. Bro, these guys get millions of dollars to play a game. I'm not saying it's an easy or admirable job, but like any other job if you give a weak effort you are going to hear it. I don't mean to get on your case here but I just think you're being out of line in this thread. Every fan has a right to express pleasure or displeasure to what they paid their money to watch/support.

[/B]

I don't know if it's possible for a statement to be more wrong.

The Patriot players are not employees of you, they are employees of Robert Kraft. Robert Kraft is the businessman who sells you the New England Patriots as a product. Kevin Faulk, Tom Brady, Randy Moss, they are highly-skilled athletes competing against other highly-skilled athletes. The fact that they are in the top .01% of talent at what they do should not be held against them as the people who are gaining entertainment from their skill are boo-ing them.

You act like these guys play for free. Bro, these guys get millions of dollars to play a game. I'm not saying it's an easy or admirable job, but like any other job if you give a weak effort you are going to hear it. I don't mean to get on your case here but I just think you're being out of line in this thread. Every fan has a right to express pleasure or displeasure to what they paid their money to watch/support.

The Patriots have not given us a lot to be displeased about over the last 10 years.

To boo the first two times we've had a chance (losing the 21 game win streak vs. Dolphins and having our first one-and-done this decade)...I'm sorry, but that is spoiled.

Please explain to me how that's not. Especially when the team is banged up beyond belief, just simply didn't have enough talent, and had the odds stacked against them.

Did it not occur to these fans to, gee, I dunno, maybe give them the benefit of the doubt and or a pass for one game as they concluded one of the best decades in football history?!!?

I'm sorry, but that's just infuriating, to me.

Doesn't it bother these fans at all that Vince Wilfork thinks they are crappy fans??

Last edited:
I was at the game. I didn't boo. But I don't blame the people who did. It was cold, the tickets are expensive, and the players flat-out didn't show up.

The Patriots have not given us a lot to be displeased about over the last 10 years.

To boo the first two times we've had a chance (losing the 21 game win streak vs. Dolphins and having our first one-and-done this decade)...I'm sorry, but that is spoiled.

Please explain to me how that's not. Especially when the team is banged up beyond belief, just simply didn't have enough talent, and had the odds stacked against them.

Did it not occur to these fans to, gee, I dunno, maybe give them the benefit of the doubt and or a pass for one game as they concluded one of the best decades in football history?!!?

Doesn't it bother these fans at all that Vince Wilfork thinks they are crappy fans??

Like I was getting at in the Pittsburgh Steeler example, past success doesn't absolve a team from booing in a situation like Sunday in any fan base. That's just the way it is like it or not. Baltimore is not massively superior to the Patriots in terms of talent. The teams are quite even, the Patriots did not show up and the players know it.

The fans didn't boo because they just lost the game, they booed because the Pats got DESTROYED. The character and fight of this team has been questioned all season and it get's capped off by an absolute meltdown in the first round of the playoffs. If that doesn't deserve booing, I don't know what does.

The fans didn't boo because they just lost the game, they booed because the Pats got DESTROYED. The character and fight of this team has been questioned all season and it get's capped off by an absolute meltdown in the first round of the playoffs. If that doesn't deserve booing, I don't know what does.

It all depends on what you think booing accomplishes. I see it as the adult equivalent of a baby crying from frustration. I've said it here before, but it certainly doesn't make the players play better or the coaches coach better.

I might take some heat for this but I'm trying to be rational about this. People that pay for their tickets have the right to do as they wish (within stadium rules :D). If booing or people leaving early personally offended you grow up and get over it.

I dont understand what this huge debate is about. Fans who went to the game paid for their ticket, so they have a right to do whatever they want within the rules of Gillette. Theres nothing that says you cannot boo the Patriots.

It wasnt like people were throwing things on the field or putting anyone in danger. Just because fans were booing doesnt mean that they dont support the Pats or anything like that. Also, fans can leave whenever they want. It wasnt like the whole stadium cleared out after the end of the 1st quarter, the majority of fans stayed until the game was completely out of reach. Who really wants to stay and see the Ravens celebrating?

I dont understand what this huge debate is about. Fans who went to the game paid for their ticket, so they have a right to do whatever they want within the rules of Gillette. Theres nothing that says you cannot boo the Patriots.
Yep. I paied for my ticket..i have the right

Last edited:
The thing that bothers me is how quiet the fans are any other time. Gillette is dead silent unless it's time to boo the team for playing badly. When I went to the Jacksonville and NYJ games, I would get up to make some noise for the D only to see everyone else sitting down.

With the corporate league comes the corporate fan.

With the corporate league comes the corporate fan.

That is true, but you could have bet that if the pats were blowing out the Ravens..that place would be going NUTS...i never hear a stadium loud when the team is down 24-0 in the first Q

It wasnt like people were throwing things on the field or putting anyone in danger. Just because fans were booing doesnt mean that they dont support the Pats or anything like that. Also, fans can leave whenever they want. It wasnt like the whole stadium cleared out after the end of the 1st quarter, the majority of fans stayed until the game was completely out of reach. Who really wants to stay and see the Ravens celebrating?

I have "the right" to do many things that I would never do because I do not consider them decent. Others can choose to do what they want.

I'm pretty sure it was posted on this forum on Saturday. Also, now that the tickets are sold through Ticketmaster, all you have to do is check their website.
Thanks, PD & LJ. Living in Hershey - The Sweetest Place on Earth - I never noticed the availabliity of tickets. But if I were still living in Boston, I would have done my level best to buy one of them & catch a ride with one of my STH friends or brothers-in-law. I too would have stayed until the bitter end, because as Tunescribe wrote, there are still things to watch & learn. But I would not have blamed anyone had they decided to leave earlier, and I would have been booing - loudly - from the 1st play from scrimmage.

Dude, there is a 25 year waiting list for season tickets for this team according to wiki.

A trip to the game is more expensive than a lot of families can afford. Get over yourself. I'm lucky if I make it to a game once every two years. I guess that means I'm not a real fan. I guess I'm just a cheap bastard for going to training camp instead.

Seriously, now I know why these players complain about our home stadium numerous times per year. These entitled wine & cheese fans think they are owed a good game for showing up.

This is exactly the problem - there are two groups of fans. One group that is probably 60-70% of the fanbase at a game that can't name anyone besides Brady, Welker, Mayo and Moss on the team by number, and then you've got the group that posts here, that knows Kyle Arrington by number on the field when he makes a play and watches every game pre, regular, and post season until the bitter end -- but that only makes up at best 40% of who's actually at the game. Granted I get to go to 3-4 games a year, and was there yesterday because I have the means to do it, but not everyone does. I think at the very least the ticket prices in the 300 level should be knocked down a little bit. You wanna keep the 100s $169 and $122, that's fine...but $50-$60 for the 300 level is much more reasonable. There are real fans that deserve to get to go to games that don't get the opportunity, and that's why Gillette is so quiet.

That is true, but you could have bet that if the pats were blowing out the Ravens..that place would be going NUTS...i never hear a stadium loud when the team is down 24-0 in the first Q

It's NOT just yesterday. It's most games. I've been to Philly and the Meadowlands for meaningless regular season games and both stadiums have been louder then I've heard Gillette 85% of the games I've been to.

and I've been a season ticket holder through the 70's,80's and 90's and I can attest that 20,000 fans in the ol' Sully sounded 5 times louder than a packed Razor..it's the acoustics PLUS the red seat Bermuda triangle that gives the impression the fans aren't loud...I just finished (shudder) watching the DVR from yesterday and I can tell you it was a heckuva lot louder where I was sitting in 112 than what I heard on the broadcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back