PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fans at the game today: boo to you

Status
Not open for further replies.
When exactly was the public informed that there were tickets still available?

I'm pretty sure it was posted on this forum on Saturday. Also, now that the tickets are sold through Ticketmaster, all you have to do is check their website.

Re: Our fans are "dog-fakers"

I'm not whining about the experience of going to the game. I'm whining about being called a fair weather fan by the likes of you.

The likes of me? I follow this team religiously, I post on this forum on a daily basis. I support the Patriots in every way, I use their website, watch All Access, buy their merchandise, go to Training Camp. I probably spend far more time and energy on this team than is healthy for myself. Do you honestly think because you spend more money on this team that makes you a better fan than me? Give me a break. That's insane.

And I haven't called you a fair weather fan. I'm simply saying that the fans who boo'ed yesterday and exited early should be embarrassed of their actions, specific to yesterday. If you are one of those people, please explain to me why you should not be embarrassed for bailing on a team that has given us so much, not only in the past decade, but from basically going back to the moment Parcells & Bledsoe came around. Does that make you a fairweather fan? No. It just means you and your fellow fans made a mistake yesterday. The fans had an opportunity to show some appreciation for the team's successes, and they didn't.

Last edited:
If I were making what these guys are making I would expect to be mentally and physically ready to play any game....maybe that is me but its what I think,give me 5 or $10M a year and see how mentally I can get myself up for a season.

Look, the Ravens are getting paid, too. And they kicked our a**es.

The likes of me? I follow this team religiously, I post on this forum on a daily basis. I support the Patriots in every way, I use their website, watch All Access, buy their merchandise, go to Training Camp. I probably spend far more time and energy on this team than is healthy for myself. Do you honestly think because you spend more money on this team that makes you a better fan than me? Give me a break. That's insane.

And I haven't called you a fair weather fan. I'm simply saying that the fans who boo'ed yesterday and exited early should be embarrassed of their actions, specific to yesterday. If you are one of those people, please explain to me why you should not be embarrassed for bailing on a team that has given us so much, not only in the past decade, but from basically going back to the moment Parcells & Bledsoe came around. Does that make you a fairweather fan? No. It just means you and your fellow fans made a mistake yesterday. The fans had an opportunity to show some appreciation for the team's successes, and they didn't.

I never said I spend more $$ than you, I said it was an insult to have people like you tell me I am a "fair weather fan" or now, that I "made a mistake" and I am an embarrassment to myself because I booed in the first and left in the 4th quarter yesterday. I do all the things you do to support the team. I am not embarrassed by my actions. I did not bail on the team - they bailed on me. I showed up as usual yesterday, after battling the usual traffic, crowd and bathroom jams, ready for an awesome home Patriots playoff game. What I got was an absolute stinker. They didn't want appreciation from me - they wanted to get the hell out of there, and so did I. I didn't feel like watching the Ravens players whoop it up. Pardon me. Just like I am not a better fan than you, you are not a better fan than me. Please stop trying to convince me otherwise.

BradyManny,

Why is it important to you how other fans choose to root for this team? I am a ticket holder and I did leave early. I have never booed this team and this is the first time I can remember leaving early with us on the losing end.

I've watched games coached by Ron Meyer, **** MacPherson, and Rod Rust among others, obviously I don't require championship performances for me to fork over my $$$.

What I do require is professional effort and we didn't get that yesterday. Every freaking play the Ravens had eligible recievers wearing 60's and 70's, they told us they were running the ball and we couldn't stop them so after watching that crap for 3 1/2 quarters I decided to start my 5.5 hour drive home.

Honestly that team yesterday didn't deserve my presence and as much as I appeciate all they've done the last 10 years, those players weren't there yesterday

I never said I spend more $$ than you, I said it was an insult to have people like you tell me I am a "fair weather fan" or now, that I "made a mistake" and I am an embarrassment to myself because I booed in the first and left in the 4th quarter yesterday. I do all the things you do to support the team. I am not embarrassed by my actions. I did not bail on the team - they bailed on me. I showed up as usual yesterday, after battling the usual traffic, crowd and bathroom jams, ready for an awesome home Patriots playoff game. What I got was an absolute stinker. They didn't want appreciation from me - they wanted to get the hell out of there, and so did I. I didn't feel like watching the Ravens players whoop it up. Pardon me. Just like I am not a better fan than you, you are not a better fan than me. Please stop trying to convince me otherwise.

Well said.

I never said I spend more $$ than you, I said it was an insult to have people like you tell me I am a "fair weather fan" or now, that I "made a mistake" and I am an embarrassment to myself because I booed in the first and left in the 4th quarter yesterday.

PatsDeb, it's clear from your posts here that you're a fan. You do not have to defend yourself to anybody. If people are claiming they are true fans and never go, then the implication is they are unwilling to spend the money once a year to see a game. While it costs money to go, I suspect many people who don't have the money week-to-week could save up to go once a year. Ticket brokers always have tickets. If they could do that and don't do so, then they have no basis to complain what other fans do at games. They should look in the mirror when asking why the positive vibes aren't flowing from the crowd.

PatsDeb, it's clear from your posts here that you're a fan. You do not have to defend yourself to anybody. If people are claiming they are true fans and never go, then the implication is they are unwilling to spend the money once a year to see a game. While it costs money to go, I suspect many people who don't have the money week-to-week could save up to go once a year. Ticket brokers always have tickets. If they could do that and don't do so, then they have no basis to complain what other fans do at games. They should look in the mirror when asking why the positive vibes aren't flowing from the crowd.

Thank you MassPats38, I am letting this argument get the best of me. As someone else pointed out, we should be mad at the team and not eachother for yesterday's debacle.

Thank you MassPats38, I am letting this argument get the best of me. As someone else pointed out, we should be mad at the team and not eachother for yesterday's debacle.

Unbelievable!! You guys have to be F**KING joking!!!

I see I awakened the crowd of bitter season ticket holders. Unreal. Seriously, it's pathetic some of the comments in this thread.

You are OWED NOTHING for being a fan of this team, no matter how much $$ you spend on them.

Dude, there is a 25 year waiting list for season tickets for this team according to wiki.

A trip to the game is more expensive than a lot of families can afford. Get over yourself. I'm lucky if I make it to a game once every two years. I guess that means I'm not a real fan. I guess I'm just a cheap bastard for going to training camp instead.

Seriously, now I know why these players complain about our home stadium numerous times per year. These entitled wine & cheese fans think they are owed a good game for showing up.

Last edited:

Once again, you complain about the entire experience as if going is an ordeal and as if these players live to make the fans happy. That's not what this is about.

Give me a break. These guys bust their balls, they go through severe physical and mental pain, 16 hour days, brutal practices, a lifetime of aches and pains after they are done playing, and you're complaining about bathroom jams. Give me a f**king break.

This team did not lay down and give up, it got beaten by a better team who is also paid to play the game. Losses happen, and bad losses happen, but to question the effort of this team, what a joke.

I'm not trying to convince you that you're not a good fan. I just think its absurd that fans feel so entitled and feel as if they are owed something.

I guess we just view sports & athletes differently.

Last edited:
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the people that boo'ed yesterday have never stepped on a competitive sports playing field of any kind, at any age.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the people that boo'ed yesterday have never stepped on a competitive sports playing field of any kind, at any age.

It's not often that I post but I've tried to follow your arguement(s). It seems that with each response your credibility sinks lower. With this statement, I'm not certain how much lower you can go!
BTW; does your assertion include competative square dance and baton twirling?

Unbelievable!! You guys have to be F**KING joking!!!

I see I awakened the crowd of bitter season ticket holders. Unreal. Seriously, it's pathetic some of the comments in this thread.

You are OWED NOTHING for being a fan of this team, no matter how much $$ you spend on them.

I don't know if it's possible for a statement to be more wrong.

I agree with those saying the team deserved the boos. You get what you deserve. If the team plays like ****, they deserve hearing it from the fans. They don't want to get booed? Don't play like ****.

As much as we support our team through thick and thin, it's ultimately entertainment. We pay good money to see live entertainment. Who in their right mind would feel good about spending hundreds of dollars only to see their team get embarrassed? I don't see any difference in the fans leaving late in the 3rd/4th than someone walking out in the middle of a terrible movie.

Ultimately, if you aren't enjoying watching your team get destroyed, you might as well leave. Why stay and keep watching something awful. Face it, there was practically zero chance we were coming back to win the game.

Would I have walked out? Probably not, but I probably would have been out on the concourse trying to buy some alcohol (and not watching the game) and I don't even drink.

I don't think I can stress enough the fact that we are PAYING to see competitive games. They have to earn our money. Now, the one terrible game doesn't invalidate the work they did all season, but it was still a terrible performance worthy of getting bad reactions from those paying the bill.

Once again, you complain about the entire experience as if going is an ordeal and as if these players live to make the fans happy. That's not what this is about.

Give me a break. These guys bust their balls, they go through severe physical and mental pain, 16 hour days, brutal practices, a lifetime of aches and pains after they are done playing, and you're complaining about bathroom jams. Give me a f**king break.

This team did not lay down and give up, it got beaten by a better team who is also paid to play the game. Losses happen, and bad losses happen, but to question the effort of this team, what a joke.

I'm not trying to convince you that you're not a good fan. I just think its absurd that fans feel so entitled and feel as if they are owed something.

I guess we just view sports & athletes differently.

Once again, you are turning this into an argument about something it isn't. The point of the thread and all of my responses is that fans were "shameful" for booing and leaving early. BS is my response, particularly to those who sit on their couches and make judgments from afar. I said nothing about money (other than it costs me a lot for season tickets, and I am aware that not everyone can afford it), players not busting their asses for the entire seasons or their careers, etc. or about what the team "owes" me. The only one who is bitter here is YOU. I will be back next year as devoted as ever. I am sure you wil be too. Just stop saying you are not being judgmental when that is all you are doing. Give ME a F***King break!!

Dude, there is a 25 year waiting list for season tickets for this team according to wiki.

Sure is, which is why you have to get the tickets from a broker. That's life given the 50,000+ season ticket waiting list. And surprisingly, not all go as a family. Some are couples. Some are individuals who go with friends. And did anyone claim the frequency of your trips to the game means squat? I didn't, so feel free not to rant over comments you add to my posts. If you want to lodge an appeal for the poor and downtrodden, feel free not to do it in the context of an activity categorized as entertainment. You're the one spewing this self-righteous diatribe right now on what you perceive to be the fans at the game when you admittedly don't go.

The fact is some people couldn't afford the experience if they save up a whole year, which is why I couched my statement in terms of "if you could save up and afford it" put up or shut up. The tickets are not free and likely never will be, so there is an economic reality to going to games. At the same time, if you could never afford to go to a game in January, you likely would have no context for the experience of sitting on your keister in 11 degree weather watching your team get beaten down and likely would not take such a vocal opposition to what they do at a game. Some people who attend the games afford themselves the luxury of tickets and forgo other luxury items and are not otherwise wealthy.

I don't like the booing and would never boo but I am not going to say I cannot understand why fans would feel inclined to boo. I went to the Jax game, the first game since I attended the Seattle game in 2003 or 2004. The fans were loud and it was a great experience even before the team blew Jax out.

It is no small deal to get to the game itself, the team actually asked the fans to arrive early for the playoff game despite the cold, and then the team imploded from the gun, followed by the same pain to fans to exit the Razor after the game in walking to cars and getting off RT 1. Do I begrudge them leaving early to avoid that when the game is out of hand? Not at all.

I love the Pats and follow pretty much everything they do but if you aren't there for that likely 7 to 9 hour experience, and the financial cost that accompanies the experience, then you aren't really in a position as the hypothetical stadium spectator to call others out on what they should or shouldn't do at a game. If you cannot afford the experience at all, it's like looking at a mansion and saying "if that mansion were mine, I would stare lovingly at the walls for hours a day and curse you mansion owner for not doing the same." There is a saying that goes "never criticize a man until you've walked a mile in his moccasins." If you haven't been there, you may want to reign in the vocal criticism a bit.

The best the Pats would have got out of me in this game was silence and cheers for Faulk and Julian, and I try to cheer whenever possible without sounding like the village idiot watching a different game than the one in front of me. Are all fans great? No. I am sure there are clingers who want to hang on to the championship team and dislike the absence of championships and will soon disappear. Is it right to generalize that the whole fan base sucks? Not at all. There are fans in that group dating back to the origins of the team, and frankly anybody who stuck with the team through the bad years is a fan, regardless of what they do at a game.

Last edited:

I was there too. By the time I sat down it was 14 zip and the boos followed shortly thereafter. I can understand getting on them in the second half, but half way through the ******* first?! I was waving my arms in the "STFU!" manner and we all know how much that helped lol. That is the earliest I had seen the fans turn on the team in a playoff game no less. I was at the miami "Wildcat" stinker not too long ago and thought booing them off the field at the half was terrible. I couldnt believe what I was hearing. I don't care if it's 28-0 in the first, you shut the hell up and cheer when given something to cheer for. Make some damn noise for the defense, and if the performance persists, go ahead and boo them late in the third on your way home. I was as dissappointed as any, I dropped 170 between tickets and parking, but that is the price of admittance to go root on one of the best teams of this decade, who notably lost Wes f'in Welker last week. If anyone deserved to be booed, it was the parrot picking the plays out of the peanut bowl. Since when is Kevin Faulk a 3 down workhorse? Shotgun ******* draws were 50% of the play calling on one drive, I kid you not. Me and my buddy kept track and decided we'd be better off calling plays by having one of our inebbriated selves throwing darts at the play sheet.

Eh, got on a rant there...I think you guys will get my drift. Man up, clap your hands and make some noise...other than that...shut your wine-drinking, cheese-chewing chow holes and watch the offense in silence. Quite simple really.

I was there too...sat in my seat 30 minutes before the game...began howling at the kickoff...sat down for the first time at the 4 1/2 minute mark after three scores. I KNOW when the boos started...it was right after the Pats showed some life on D and the first play from scrimmage is ANOTHER delayed draw. Personally, I don't think Patriots fans are either "bad!!!!!" fans or stupid fans. I think we are the best fans in the NFL and I've been going to games since the 60's and I think even the most naive Patriots fan out there KNOWS that the offense on display yesterday,for a playoff game or any other kind of game, was pure garbage.

No, I didn't boo but I understand why some fans did. I left with 2 and half minutes left in the game, frozen to the bone,numb from the visual experience and dreading the eternity of the ride 90 miles back home. I guess this means I'm a horrible fan and 2000army wants me lined up and executed by firing squad...well,I woke up this morning and guess what, I'm STILL a die hard Patriots fan and will continue to be until I can't draw another breath.

Last edited:

Once again, you are turning this into an argument about something it isn't. The point of the thread and all of my responses is that fans were "shameful" for booing and leaving early. BS is my response, particularly to those who sit on their couches and make judgments from afar. I said nothing about money (other than it costs me a lot for season tickets, and I am aware that not everyone can afford it), players not busting their asses for the entire seasons or their careers, etc. or about what the team "owes" me. The only one who is bitter here is YOU. I will be back next year as devoted as ever. I am sure you wil be too. Just stop saying you are not being judgmental when that is all you are doing. Give ME a F***King break!!

I am being judgmental, and I am judging you for ONE action on ONE day, and I'm not trying to say anything more than that - I'm not saying you are less of a fan, just that I thought the boo-ing yesterday was absurd. I am referring to one specific action, I am not trying to make a comment about you as a fan, on the whole. I don't question your obvious passion about this team.

That said - are you trying to tell me that I am not in a position to judge you as a fan (since you attended the game, and I did not) but that you ARE, in fact, in a position to judge these players? What sense does that make??

Did it ever occur to you and the other folks boo-ing at half-time that those players knew damn well how poorly they were playing, and they probably were more pissed about it than any member of the fanbase could comprehend? I can almost guarantee that's the case.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back