PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fallon: Pats offense won't be dialed down with Brissett

Status
Not open for further replies.
why dial anything back?

house money......the consensus fear is not if the Pats lose but if they win.....

once again, it's anarchy because nobody, the texans included, have any clue as to what they will see tonite

why dial anything back?

house money......the consensus fear is not if the Pats lose but if they win.....

once again, it's anarchy because nobody, the texans included, have any clue as to what they will see tonite
I like your point, actually. It almost is house money. They're already guaranteed 2-2 when Brady returns, and if they feel like Jimmy should be good to play next week (which it seems like they do), they should feel like beating sorry Buffalo on 10 days rest at home should be easy, so 3-1 is also pretty likely.

So f*** it, right? Why not go totally buck wild with Brissett and do some crazy ****? Put Edelman under center and then motion him into the backfield and have Derby take a direct snap out of shotgun. I mean really, f*** it. 3-1 is pretty darn likely, why not get wild and see what happens?

I like your point, actually. It almost is house money. They're already guaranteed 2-2 when Brady returns, and if they feel like Jimmy should be good to play next week (which it seems like they do), they should feel like beating sorry Buffalo on 10 days rest at home should be easy, so 3-1 is also pretty likely.

So f*** it, right? Why not go totally buck wild with Brissett and do some crazy ****? Put Edelman under center and then motion him into the backfield and have Derby take a direct snap out of shotgun. I mean really, f*** it. 3-1 is pretty darn likely, why not get wild and see what happens?

no gimmicks.......and no conservative game plan.....just play as though nothing has changed

Some comments on the comments:

1. As to Fallon's "sources" :rolleyes: Yeah right, the Pats are well known to leak parts of their game plan to reporters. :rolleyes:

2. Why would anyone be surprised that JG is able to process defenses and what's happening at the snap of the ball entering his 3rd year, better than JB can at the start of his first. That's a great example of having a keen sense of the obvious

3. In fact it's not that Jacoby has slow release, its more that it takes him that half second to second more to process what's happening and make his decision. THIS is what is going to be his key problem tonight. The Texans will do everything possible to confuse him...as they should.

4. The Texans are going to try and squeeze the short zones and play a tight zone or man coverages underneath with 2 deep S's. Some kind of 4-5-2 alignment. This kind of defensive plan will make things like screens and RB dump offs easy to defend, and forces any completions in the 5-10 yd past the LOS, difficult. The Texans will want to make JB beat them deep and to the outside, or with very accurate short throws into tight coverages. They will also have at LEAST 8 in the box vs the run.

5. With only 3 days to get ready, this COULD be ugly and VERY tough to score points against a team that hasn't allowed more than 12 points in their last 4 regular season games

If Gronk plays. Gronk and Bennett will kill the Texans LBs and Safeties

tumblr_ly72uuCnzx1qe4lx7o1_250.gif

tumblr_ly72uuCnzx1qe4lx7o2_250.gif

no gimmicks.......and no conservative game plan.....just play as though nothing has changed
Yeah I doubt they'll get that crazy at this time of year, but I agree, may as well play balls-to-the-wall and go for the win. Brissett doesn't strike me as a guy whose confidence will forever be shattered if he gets intercepted or something.

Yeah I doubt they'll get that crazy at this time of year, but I agree, may as well play balls-to-the-wall and go for the win. Brissett doesn't strike me as a guy whose confidence will forever be shattered if he gets intercepted or something.

This may sound crazy, but I was watching some of JB's college games today at lunch and I wonder if the Patriots might try to zig when Houston is expecting a zag and put in some QB runs? JB is a smartly elusive (if not super fast) runner, big and very strong. He can't try to run over everybody like in college, but he seems to have learned to slide last week in Miami at least. I guess if he got injured it wouldn't be ideal, but he ran for 900 yards in college and I can't find where he ever got hurt.

Maybe I'm losing my mind but I've come around to thinking we may see 4-5 designed runs from JB tonight, I guess we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes