PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fallon: Pats offense won't be dialed down with Brissett

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure patriots sources wouldve told her if they were going to dial down the offense. I think the big challenge is for our oline. Brisset doesnt get the ball out faster as jimmy does. Our defense has to play lights out tonite to win.

i wonder which source is hers?

From what i have read today "sources" are saying the following:

Jimmy is going to start

Jacoby is going to start

Jimmy is going to dress and be backup

Jimmy is not going to dress

Julian is going to be backup

Julian is definitely going to see snaps at qb

Gronk is going to play

Gronk is a game time decision

Gronk is not going to play.

BB's smoke and mirror machine is working overtime.

Of course the offense will be limited. It isn't even a question.

I thought this was going to be from Jimmy Fallon, since he's known for his journalistic skills.
Thank god, bad enough he's ruining comedy. Although journalism has hit rock bottom, so I suppose he can't drive it down any further.

I think the arm counts for something. I know the Patriots put a premium on a quick release for short and mid-range passes and high accuracy to lead the receiver away from coverage and hit him in stride. There's the mental side of that, naturally, but I wouldn't discount the need for physical talent.

What I saw from Garoppolo that I thought was superb was his quick release on one of his deep throws where he overthrew a receiver (I think it was Hogan). He had very little wind-up and he put the ball on a fairly shallow arc considering how far he was throwing it. Yes, it flew 5 yards past Hogan, but you know, he's new at this. The ball didn't sail on him, he threw it to the wrong spot.

That he could throw the ball that hard, that far, with that quick a release was excellent. He'll figure out the artillery range with practice. This guy's got a heckuva future.

Same source also said JG would be active tonight. Now, it seems that's not true. Sounds like a shaky source, to me.

When I saw JB's appearances in the pre-season it seemed to me that he was running a large part of the full offense. I was pretty frustrated that he wasn't running more of the offense on Sunday because of that, but I also realized they had a big lead and the main goal was to not have turnovers.

Same source also said JG would be active tonight. Now, it seems that's not true. Sounds like a shaky source, to me.

Agreed! I feel like the media takes no pride in their sources, articles or tweets.

I doubt very much that Josh and BB have "a game plan" for the Offense tonight. I think they're gonna see what they've got and adapt, almost from series to series.

If they can't protect Brissett, they're gonna have to run it.

If they can't run it, they're gonna have to protect Brissett.

If they can't run it or protect him, the D is gonna have to make some plays and Gostkowski's gonna have to be sure they come away with three points every time they get to the 35.

Somehow, I think this is the kind of game that Belichick lives for...

Agreed! I feel like the media takes no pride in their sources, articles or tweets.

In a rush to get the story out first, they print whatever the hell they want and hide behind anonymous sources. "Don't blame me, I was just reporting what this unnamed person said..."

Brissett is going to get 230 yards passing with 3 TD's in the first half ... he will cramp up early in the 3rd quarter and Edelman is going to close the game out by throwing for 180 yards and 2 TD's

Then there will be the talk of a 4 way QB controversy for the entire week......

that is until BB decides to start Derby against the Bills and he throws for 310 yards and 4 TD's

by the end of the season, the Pats will have more starting quality QB's than the rest of the league combined

BB's personal 'FU' to goodell....with a grand finale which will have the pats with 4 1st rounders in each of the next 2 years

He has arm to run offense. But the real question is does he have head to run offense.

So what will the media do if Brissett throws for 400 yards and 4 touchdowns?

Probably still claim the Pats and New England in general are still racist like Bart Hubbuch did yesterday.

I think the arm counts for something. I know the Patriots put a premium on a quick release for short and mid-range passes and high accuracy to lead the receiver away from coverage and hit him in stride. There's the mental side of that, naturally, but I wouldn't discount the need for physical talent.

What I saw from Garoppolo that I thought was superb was his quick release on one of his deep throws where he overthrew a receiver (I think it was Hogan). He had very little wind-up and he put the ball on a fairly shallow arc considering how far he was throwing it. Yes, it flew 5 yards past Hogan, but you know, he's new at this. The ball didn't sail on him, he threw it to the wrong spot.

That he could throw the ball that hard, that far, with that quick a release was excellent. He'll figure out the artillery range with practice. This guy's got a heckuva future.
Posted this in another thread - Jimmy's quick release - . Incidentally its some houston reporter who posted this on twitter

I highly doubt they were being honest. They probably won't be as conservative as they were last week, but there's no way in hell they are going to have the entire playbook at their disposal like they have with Brady (or even Garoppolo, for that matter).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News