PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fair Trade proposal: Branch for Porter

Status
Not open for further replies.
i believe theyre talkin bout jerry porter the wr from oak, not joey porter the lb from pitt

jerry porter is no good, def not a pat type player

I apologize if this comes across as condescending, but what is it with the Joey Porter thing? The guy is an average WR. He had one good season as a #3 option three years ago and has done nothing to prove that he is even a good #2 in the two years since then.

I would only trade Branch for Porter if Oakland threw in a #1 draft pick with it. Then I would waive Porter.

(rechecks the remaining WRs if Branch is gone)

OK, maybe I wouldn't waive him, but I wouldn't be surprise if Bam Childress outplays him this year.

A malcontent malingerer for a clutch team player. No thanks.

I'd do it for Joey, not Jerry.

Don't we need another tight end????

Regardless: the minute the ink is dry, send a letter from the team's lawyer to his agent, registered mail, serving notice of intent to collect FROM HIM every penny in fines owed the team.

I am a fan of everybody doing whatever it takes within the contractual relationship. To me that includes his right to hold out, AND his responsibility to pay for it.

PFnV

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd trade Branch for Matt Jones,Drew Bennett,Braylon Edwards,Mushin Muhammed,Lee Evans and a few others.

Porter has got pretty darn good skills and was set to be the Raiders #1 until Moss was signed. Porter has got bad attitude and injury concerns which imo may have been related to his attitude. The guy is a wild card, a tall ceiling when he is healthy and happy. Tough call.

patsfan13 said:
Why would the Cards do that, Bouldin is on his rookie contract and Branch would eat up cap rooom and isn't as good.

boldin is not under his rookie contract. they restructured after his 1st big season.

Trade Branch for Marcus Vick the next Randle El, while we're at it can we sign Eric Crouch too???

Branch for Terry Glenn. You can come home again.

I don't even know if I'm joking. I think I am.

Lloyd_Christmas said:
Original draft position means nothing in terms of how these players compare to one another.

Statistics are useful, but not the end-all in terms of which WR is better.

Branch is a far better WR than Porter.

As stated in the other thread, if they traded Branch for Porter straight up, I would puke... eat it... and puke again.

I disagree completely. Branch is pretty good, but I think Porter is a notch above. Super Bowl MVP not withstanding. Branch probably has a better trade value though, so Branch for Porter & a pick.

scott99 said:
I disagree completely. Branch is pretty good, but I think Porter is a notch above. Super Bowl MVP not withstanding. Branch probably has a better trade value though, so Branch for Porter & a pick.

i was gonna say somthin
but then i say ur in cali
i know how good the bud can be there

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST