PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Everyone in the AFC East except for one team has appeared to upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is it with you and name calling? I've called you out before on this but didn't hear a response, I must be on ignore.

Actually, getting ran over repeatedly by the Ravens O-line ended the Pats season. Oh yeah, and Tom Brady playing like he couldn't wait for the season to end didn't help either.

Yup

Toys is a piker. Idiocy on this level is a full channel to the Douche Irae

Ahhhhh Einstein.... Welker only caught 123 balls in 13 games and was the vital link it the Pats offense. Since they obviously didn't teach this in the idiot asylum; let me officially inform you that an NFL football offense does not get redone in a week before the playoffs.:eek:

BTW, water is wet, fire is hot, and pain hurts.

That should be an eye opener for you.

Cousins,
Maybe they were not all great selections but the other AFC East Teams not named the Patriots have appeared to better themselves.

The Jets have added LT, Antonio Cromartie, DT Rod Wright and S Brodney Poole. Like these players or not, it has made them at least somewhat better.

The Fins have signed LB Dansby, Perhaps the best single AFC East signing so far.

The Bills have signed DT Dwan Edwards, ILB Andra Davis (both still young and decent). OT Cornell Greene, DT Marlon Favorite.

The Pats signed their own!! (oh yeah, they could have done this months ago) and some special teams LB called Murrell or Morall or something.

Am I wrong or does their seem to be an issue here? Or do we go back to the old standard "The Draft is going to save us all!" routine.
DW Toys

pats were declared the offseason winners last year, cuz.

oh crap, the Jets signed Brodney Poole! well give them the trophy now...the Bills got Cornell Greene!!!! wow, they really put it to us. we are DOOMED

I completely agree with the OP. I'm more than a little concerned with the lack of improvements on the team. We can't go into the season with the same team we had last year and expect to accomplish anything. Even ONE improvement on a single position would help.

The Jets added LT and Cromartie, lost Jones and Sheppard. Worse at RB, better at CB, overall a slight improvement.

The Dolphins added Dansby, lost Porter, Taylor, and Ferguson. They've gotten worse.

The Bills are the only team that has improved significantly. While the Jets and Dolphins were bringing in new talent just to get back to where they were, the Pats re-signed all of their key guys. Given a choice between those two approaches, I'll take continuity on a young team every time. The only position where they're worse-off right now than they were last year is TE.

Last edited:
Frustration_Relief.gif

It's all cuz the Krafts are such cheap bastids! :D

Everyone who is saying that the Pats are not as good as last year ... will you all come on and say you were totally wrong when the Pats win their division next year, and lighen up next year?

I mean, do you believe what you are saying, or do you just like to post stuff you don't believe to try to get a reaction from people?

Everyone who is saying that the Pats are not as good as last year ... will you all come on and say you were totally wrong when the Pats win their division next year, and lighen up next year?

I mean, do you believe what you are saying, or do you just like to post stuff you don't believe to try to get a reaction from people?

You obviously haven't been paying attention recently.

Winning the division is for losers.

Losers, see?

After 3 SB victories in a 4 year span, its a Patriots fans right to expect the same pattern to play out indefinitely.

Thats means 3 SB victories (and no we aren't counting SB losses, those are for losers aswell!) every 4 years or else its within our mandate to question the football ability and judgement of Belichick.

If we are feeling particularly feisty, we might even question the ambition of Robert Kraft, its been over 5 years since he delivered a SB victory (i'll refer you back to 3 SB's every 4 years expectation) - whats he been doing with his time apart from submarining our chances?

We're fans, we've all seen games, thats practically like being a head coach right there - my opinions are every bit as valid as Belichicks.

Capiche?

What is it with you and name calling? I've called you out before on this but didn't hear a response, I must be on ignore.

Actually, getting ran over repeatedly by the Ravens O-line ended the Pats season. Oh yeah, and Tom Brady playing like he couldn't wait for the season to end didn't help either.

Good post sir! They were exploited in that game. I just don't understand how a reasonable comment questioning if the other AFC East teams appeared to get better. Now you have one guy claim he is mind channeling with Belichick, yet I am an idiot. Holy cheese and pass the asprin.

It's been homer city on this site.....duck! The children are playing on computers.

Now watch this. Nine...eight...seven.......

DW Toys

Good post sir! They were exploited in that game. I just don't understand how a reasonable comment questioning if the other AFC East teams appeared to get better. Now you have one guy claim he is mind channeling with Belichick, yet I am an idiot. Holy cheese and pass the asprin.

It's been homer city on this site.....duck! The children are playing on computers.

Now watch this. Nine...eight...seven.......

DW Toys

It's been negative city here, buddy, and it's driving people away. It's natural to have some backlash now.

But I've got to say DW, you are my favorite negative poster. I mean, I rarely agree with you, but I like you. You seem like a decent guy. And coming from me, that should mean very little.

Uh-huh and 10-4+3 = 13, right?

The Phins lost Porter (and maybe Taylor). The Jets lost Rhodes and Thomas. The Bills lost TO and... wait. who cares about the Bills?

Everyone moves laterally... it's the NFL!

Things are decided by injuries, coaching, drafting and luck.

I just wish we had a new player that would make Madden 11 more fun than 10.

threads like this make this place more fun to occasionally lurk than post in. peace out, mes amis.

Last edited:
How about this: if the Pats go 11-5 or better and win their division this year, will DW Toys and tanked as usual just shut up and come to terms with the fact that they don't know anything once and for all? Hey Bro's fine, imo- excessively negative but at least the points that he consistently makes have real merit.

Last edited:
How about this: if the Pats go 11-5 or better and win their division this year, will DW Toys and tanked as usual just shut up and come to terms with the fact that they don't know anything once and for all? Hey Bro's fine, imo- excessively negative but at least the points that he consistently makes have real merit.

Why would any fan in their right mind, no matter how negative they can be, root against the team they support just to prove a point on a message board?

There's nothing in their posting histories to suggest they would. The Patriots could go 18-1, win the Superbowl and they'd whinge about that one loss.

I almost feel sorry for maverick4 wondering what his tirades would have brought had he still be allowed to post on these boards.

Last edited:
We won the division and 10 games in 2009. We've done that almost every year for a decade. Most folks are still complaining, including dw and tanked. Why would you expect that to stop with another year of 10 or more wins and another division title?

We won the division and 10 games in 2009. We've done that almost every year for a decade. Most folks are still complaining, including dw and tanked. Why would you expect that to stop with another year of 10 or more wins and another division title?

On the other hand, some of the same types of people who used to make fun of the Colts fans who were fine with 12-14 wins and getting bounced from the playoffs every year are suddenly comfortable with 11-5 and no playoffs followed by 10-6 and a wildcard round ass kicking.

The Jets have added LT, Antonio Cromartie, DT Rod Wright and S Brodney Poole. Like these players or not, it has made them at least somewhat better.

TJones -> LdT is an upgrade?
Jets lose Rhodes and sign a concussion-plagued replacement that the Browns didn't bother to tender.
I think Wright should be able to improve on his stats from the last 2 years...or at least the stats he would have gotten if he had played a game.
Cromartie over Sheppard is legit, but only because Sheppard was pretty bad.

If the Jets can lose Jones, Rhodes and Sheppard and replace them with LdT, Pool and Cromartie...and you consider that an upgrade...why didn't you mention these slackers in the "Jets Positioned for the SB" thread? Don't recall any complaints about Jones/Rhodes/Sheppard then.

The Fins have signed LB Dansby, Perhaps the best single AFC East signing so far.

Agree, but they lost both starting OLBs. Also their starting NT will miss half the year and they didn't sign a big-time free agent to replace him. Don't you have to do that if you want to win?

The Bills have signed DT Dwan Edwards, ILB Andra Davis (both still young and decent). OT Cornell Greene, DT Marlon Favorite.

Can you think of a free agent that wouldn't upgrade the Bills roster?

The Pats signed their own!! (oh yeah, they could have done this months ago) and some special teams LB called Murrell or Morall or something.

Am I wrong or does their seem to be an issue here?

Nope, everything is right with the world. As long as you sign a "name" player from another team, it doesn't matter if that player is in a career free-fall, a serious injury risk, a head-case, incredibly expensive or hasn't played in years. Also doesn't matter if the team also lost players, still has several holes, has uncertainty at key positions or is just plain bad. You are a better team now because you have recognizable players that were on someone else's team last year.

Belichick obviously doesn't know how to "upgrade" his team. I'm following the Bears this year. After the draft is over.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes