PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Everyone in the AFC East except for one team has appeared to upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shiny beads are not always better..

Not true, sometimes women will flash you if you give em the shiny beads! Particularly in Nawrlins, where everybody was in PARTY MODE after the Saints win! :D

Seriously though. See Redskins if you think offseason FLASH actually has any substance. They would have won 5 superbowls, if splashy offseason moves meant anything. They've gotten bupkus.

Should I even bother watching this upcoming season?

Seriously though. See Redskins if you think offseason FLASH actually has any substance. They would have won 5 superbowls, if splashy offseason moves meant anything. They've gotten bupkus.

They might have lost 1 or 2 to the Jets ;)

actually 10-6 or worse.......

I look at it this way......how many 3-4 reams from 2009 would TBC start for?

Thought 10-6 was a push. Which I guess would mean you wouldn't worry because you owe nothing, so point taken.

I don't have enough information on other team's 3-4 schemes and players to answer that. All I know is what I can see on the Patriots, and based on that I'm comfortable with TBC as a a starter in this system. My bigger concern is who's going to replace Thomas, because after TBC we definitely don't have a starting caliber OLB.

Well, according to DW Toys we can basically assume the Patriots are going to be 8-8 this season.

I agree, we should definitely trade for Adam Carriker. That's the ticket!

I also concur with Sicilian and emoney that TBC can be a solid starter at OLB. The fact that he got 10.5 sacks playing next to an average rotation of RDE's and with All-Pro Adalius Thomas bringing the heat from the opposite end says a lot on his behalf.

actually 10-6 or worse.......

I look at it this way......how many 3-4 reams from 2009 would TBC start for?

Worse than 10-6. 10-6 is a push and therefore you are betting that they will be WORSE. Don't try to change now, you bet 9-7 or worse.

Worse than 10-6. 10-6 is a push and therefore you are betting that they will be WORSE. Don't try to change now, you bet 9-7 or worse.

blah blah semantics......the other guy got it, why couldn't you????

10-6 or worse, I don't worry because I don't have to pay

relax buddy, its going to be fun

Well, according to DW Toys we can basically assume the Patriots are going to be 8-8 this season.

I agree, we should definitely trade for Adam Carriker. That's the ticket!

I also concur with Sicilian and emoney that TBC can be a solid starter at OLB. The fact that he got 10.5 sacks playing next to an average rotation of RDE's and with All-Pro Adalius Thomas bringing the heat from the opposite end says a lot on his behalf.

10.5 sacks? by next week, will it be 12 sacks?

lets ignore the idea that the pats were lucky to not be 8-8 last year

Best post on the thread. Thank you.
Please all you Draftnics. Understand that the Draft alone cannot help us out of our talent hole this year. I am amused that some have said chill out it's only March. Yep...... there will be some odd cuts, but let's not bank on them. My concern is that there is a small pool of players that could have helped us this year in FA or trades and we all have our opinions as to who. I am also amused when another team winds up with a decent FA or Trade pick-up we scoff at that Team for such an "un-wise" choice. Yet we would temper that negative if we had picked up that guy. In my unimportant opinion, they whiffed on Boldin big-time. Dansby would have surely been a superb upgrade to go with Mayo in the middle. These guys are a proven commodity unlike an 18% Draft player chance. Of the first ten Draft choices in the first round of the Draft, only 43% ot those "blue chipers" make it to one Pro bowl. We are drafting #22 and that quality shrinks. Now if we had gotten say a Boldin or a Dansby you don't need to use the precious Draft for a WR or a ILB. These signings would help the Draft.

As I have said, think 18% NFL Draft success rate and that is at the end of three years. Hey some of last years Drafts could separate themselves and turn it on, but the cold dark reality is 18%. If we hit an absolute grand slam home run in 2010(and BB seems to be aiming for the bottom of the 9th) we will get 4 studs that are impact players, solid long term starters or major contributors (not JAGS). Four players of quality are not enough.That is why you have some targets out there that can at the least be considered like Marshall, Ray Edwards (he won't help? and is without question better than any #22 on the board and only 25 years old?), Carriker (why Ordick over this guy? and yes he was miscast and is now healthy and only 26) Olsen (25), Cooley (27), Morrison or some others who may be available like Santana Moss.

I agree don't make a deal for the sake of making a deal but wasn't Boldin a inexpensive pick up for the Ravens? Wasn't Davis a fit here? Doesn't Dansby fill a hole in the middle that the Ravens exploited Wilfork or not?

You have a month before the Draft. Pre-Season and training camp trades and cut pick ups happen but if you gamble on that fact you COULD lose.

Yes, in the past the Pats could sit and wait it out because they had sufficient talent. I can almost swear that the Pats FO seems to be blowing off 2010 and preparing for 2011 when a CAP or certain rules are back. I hope I am wrong.

Here is why I say we are in trouble. You are welcome to disagree with my 2010 assessment.
QB=A
WR=INC (need two with no Welker. No Galloways or Reeds need apply)
TE=F
O LINE=C (an unreliable Kaczur, Light is older, on his last contract year and has been dinged, Koppen has digressed, Neal is old and injury prone)
RB=C- (three old guys and one unreliable over hyped guy who this year is really, really going to try and get better this time...nyet!)

D LINE=INC (need a starting DE and another rotation guy. Brace is another 2nd round question mark pick)
LB=INC (need two OLBS)
DB=C+ (would have been a C-if Bodden had not been resigned. 2nd round choice! Wheatley has makings of a bust, Wilhite looks to be more of a reserve)

K=B (not as good as previous years)
P=INC

On your mark, get set....
DW Toys

I've already proven--with supporting facts and everything--that your 18% number means absolutely nothing. The rest of your post is crap.

This thread is like comedy central. Some people really lose the plot very quickly.

10.5 sacks? by next week, will it be 12 sacks?

lets ignore the idea that the pats were lucky to not be 8-8 last year

And they were unlucky not to be 14-2. They played a lot of close games, and blew some that they should have won, too. At the end of the day, all that matters is the record that they actually ended with.

Obviously, Banta-Cain would be much better with a 2007 Seymour and Vrabel at DE and OLB opposite instead of Wright and Thomas.

he's a starter only because there's nobody else around

TBC is far from an ideal starter and I ain't talking probowler.....I didn't mention that....not sure where the hell you came up with it

Kind of harsh Mr third string in Pittsburgh. Should we go over the Pats bust? No......... didn't think so. No TE means F. Yes .....March and it is 4 small weeks before the Draft. You have heard me. It is March. Unless you're of the religion that we will wait for the pre-season "cuts" in camp....Lovely!

Buffoon? Who the hell are you and what is your claim to fame? If you expected the 2009 Patriots to be rebuilding with the "young players on defense" you got your wish. I expected more out of 2009. I am sorry. If they are rebuilding in 2010 I am not happy either, are you? Tell me again about the young defensive players on defense that made an impact. Springs, Burgess, Junior and Teddy did retire. I assume you are talking 2009 Draft. Pryor and Butler played sparingly and Chung was an ST guy. Move along. Nothing to see here folks....no impact players yet.

It is in my humble opinion that Carriker was mis-used as a DT by the Rams as he is better suited as a 5 tech DE and the kid (who is only 25) paid the price of an added 20lbs he put on and got nicked. Yes. I would stack that "bust" over any DE 5 tech in the Draft...Thank you please. Please look at his resume. He had a very decent rookie year and then got injured.

In my opening statement Mr. Third string in Pittsburgh, I said that the AFC East Teams have appeared to get help themselves. Please read this first. Don't put words in my mouth and try a little respect. It's not all about you. Was all that Buffoon, imbecile and Mensa crap necessary? You must be a joy at Thanksgiving diner.

DW Toys
Whats your claim to fame madden football? You seem to think that this team can go out and pick up any free agent it wants at any price it wants or that other gms around the league are going to buy into your delusional trade scenarios. It doesn't work that way. Sometimes you seem like some type of troll just here to get everyone going.....cousin :rolleyes:

Last edited:
DW is not a troll. He seems to actually believe the nonsense he posts.

Whats your claim to fame madden football? You seem to think that this team can go out and pick up any free agent it wants at any price it wants or that other gms around the league are going to buy into your delusional trade scenarios. It doesn't work that way. Sometimes you seem like some type of troll just here to get everyone going.

Obviously, Banta-Cain would be much better with a 2007 Seymour and Vrabel at DE and OLB opposite instead of Wright and Thomas.

but that doesn't exist.......sooooo

besides, TBC had those in his first stint here......same guy with less playing time.......wound up on the bench at the critical game (AFCC versus colts 2006)

Cousins,
Maybe they were not all great selections but the other AFC East Teams not named the Patriots have appeared to better themselves.

The Jets have added LT, Antonio Cromartie, DT Rod Wright and S Brodney Poole. Like these players or not, it has made them at least somewhat better.

The Fins have signed LB Dansby, Perhaps the best single AFC East signing so far.

The Bills have signed DT Dwan Edwards, ILB Andra Davis (both still young and decent). OT Cornell Greene, DT Marlon Favorite.

The Pats signed their own!! (oh yeah, they could have done this months ago) and some special teams LB called Murrell or Morall or something.

Am I wrong or does their seem to be an issue here? Or do we go back to the old standard "The Draft is going to save us all!" routine.
DW Toys
Every one of your posts is dumber than the one before it, and thats saying something.

Ray Edwards says hello.

but that doesn't exist.......sooooo

besides, TBC had those in his first stint here......same guy with less playing time.......wound up on the bench at the critical game (AFCC versus colts 2006)

TBC was not the same guy in 2009 that he was in 2006, for you to say that just proves your ignorance on the matter.

Last edited:
Hmmmm...... Quoting Hey Bro...

I guess that gives credence to the phrase that real buffoons think alike.

Let's go through the comedy of your mensa style "thinking":

Anyone north of imbecile should have realized that 2009 would be a voliatile year with Brady coming back and young players on defense. What was reasonable to expect and hope for is a team playing good football in December.

We did see this week 16 against Jax. Unfortunately, we lost the most important offensive player (non QB) in week 17 to an ACL injury. This effectively ended our post season.

Carriker sounds like a great idea. I mean lets claim the draft isn't the way to build a team because of the 18% success rate and then trade for a guy who has proven he is in the 82% bust category:confused:

The Jets greatly improved with Cromartie and LT. Who told you that? Most likely the same guys who told you San Diego greatly IMPROVED by dumping Cromartie and LT.

TE=F? What does that mean? Are you seriously giving a failing grade because we have "failing" TE's in........March?:eek:

My best advice is to end your "fandom" for football and the Patroits and move onto something more appropriate....like synchronized swimming or ice dancing.

Maybe you should have phoned Belichick and told him about this before he made the trade for Burgess and gave up draft picks.

Maybe you should have phoned Belichick and told him about this before he made the trade for Burgess and gave up draft picks.

I won't claim the Burgess trade turned out great, but he DID play his best football of the season in December.

Targeted as well to many other threads with the same general message: "We re-signed several of our own players. Big Whoop. Not impressed. We could of done more this first 2 weeks of FA ."

NEP signed so far : a starting CB, a Pro Bowl NT, starting RG, good 3rd down RB, a 10 sack player at a position of great need and also a few JAGS. No matter where they came from - they were not under contract by the NEP as of March 5 (VW had not signed the tag). There were other teams competing for their services. Name another team that has signed as many quality starting players so far as these listed above?

Another benefit (which I haven't seen mentioned), most of these deals are multi-year contracts. And NEP contracts are REAL multiyear contracts. Meaning a four year deal isn't a) grossly inflated and B) backloaded like so many other teams. Which means the player -barring severe injury /gross underperformance- will likely BE here for the full length of the contract. Unlike many other teams which sign phoney deals including a certain four letter team who just cut a Thomas Jones.

Meaning NEP should not be looking for the next 4 years for a pro bowl NT neither looking for a starting left cornerback. Its a 'win' now and a win for the next 3-4 years to come. So next offseason NEP can concentrate on upgrading OTHER positions. Rome wasn't build overnight. Or would you rather be entering this draft looking for a franchaise NT as well as a starting (week 1) CB?

It has been a good START to the offseason (team building season) and luckily we kept our best performing FA's and didn't lose them to higher bidding teams. Pats sent a strong message to their RFA's that they could get rewarded too when their turn comes at UFA.

Finally, there is only about 3-4 FA players these last few weeks could have come in as starters. And that would have required paying them mucho dinaro and making them one of the top 5 paid players on the Pats roster. I don't like making the highest paid players on the roster someone who is new to Belichicks complex schemes and system (see A. Thomas). Furthermore, what does that do to your locker room when you don't reward your own warriors and hire mercinaries instead? That approach does NOT build esprit de corps.

I am estatic that Patriots finally loosened its purse strings to reward its own best performing players. And anyone with any common sense should be too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back