PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Every day I check PatsFans, expecting to see that the Jets have signed Randall Gay

Re: Every day I check PatsFans, expecting to see that the Jets have signed Randall Ga

I disagree. Too much trouble, just to yank BB's chain. There is real interest. Mangini knows what Gay brings to the field. Same as he recognizes the value in Poteat. Blue is a legitimate starter in the NFL, and Mangini knows better than most anyone not working in Foxboro.

It may be that they feel a 2nd is just too rich. But, still, I think the Jets could offer BB a trade package that would be enough: say a 2007 3rd and 2008 4th. I'd think that would be enough for us. And little enough that the Jets would be willing.

Certainly worth Mangini's time to check a player he's familiar with. He's smart.

He has few players he's familiar with that weren't on the Pats, so he'll raid us as much as possible same as BB raided the Jets and Parcells the Giants.

Re: Every day I check PatsFans, expecting to see that the Jets have signed Randall Ga

I fully agree with what you're saying, but Harrison needs to be unchecked. He's aged and one must wonder what he'd do without Manning as his QB.
Harrison has aged, but, IMO, he still has a lot left. Who cares how he would do elsewhere? He's a Colt for life.

A lot of folks want us to grab Gonzales at 32. He's not worth a number 1, but he'll be gone soon thereafter, so, who knows??

I keep waiting for the "Gay to Jets" news to come as well, but I am hoping against it.

While the compensation would be very fair, I think we actually need experienced bodies at CB at the moment than we need draft picks.

Of course this is true.

However, if we're going to bet money, I'll put 2 bucks on Gay to be injured before anybody else, unless we resign Tyrone Poole.:p

LOL. If Asante goes I might just be up for bringing back Poole... Will Tory James be enough? Probably not. I think we'll end up drafting a CB too to increase the depth.

LOL. If Asante goes I might just be up for bringing back Poole... Will Tory James be enough? Probably not. I think we'll end up drafting a CB too to increase the depth.

If we draft a first rounder it won't be for depth.

If we draft a first rounder it won't be for depth.

Obviously, Bobby Grier is no longer running the draft.
Think Chris Canty, the spindle legged dwarf.

Obviously, Bobby Grier is no longer running the draft.
Think Chris Canty, the spindle legged dwarf.

Good call!

Hey, let's use the first rounder on a nickle back! Who needs Sam Madison?:bricks:

All the Jets were doing with Gay was getting a jump on next offseason's free agency. This is something that Belichick and Pioli would do. Gay will be an unrestricted free agent next offseason. Tanabaum and Mangini are already doing their homework. Good for them.

Anyone who thought that there was a realistic chance that we would get a second round pick for Gay is fooling themselves. Who is going to give up a second round pick for a player going into his fourth season and spent most of two of his three previous seasons on IR?

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back