PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eukale headed to IR?

I know there's more context, but the words "I got caught slipping." were posted by him (CD).
As far as Godchaux any update on his situation ? I know it was an ankle injury? Although he may not be living up to a 10 million/year player but he's serviceable.. loved the switch up on defense.. let the young guns play..

I know there's more context, but the words "I got caught slipping." were posted by him (CD).
This may sound weird, but I was kind of impressed that he took full accountability instead of blaming coaching, an undisclosed injury, being used the wrong way, etc. In most cases I would think the first step to fix a problem with oneself is to admit the problem exists and diagnose what needs to improve.

If re-signing Carl's Junior Davis doesn't float peoples' boats, then how about rookie Beef Curtain - from Dorchestah MA & Brighton High - Jerrod Clark?
He's currently on the Chargers' PS after he signed there as a UDFA...

Patriots just signed DT Manny Jones, a jag that's bounced around and has been cut repeatedly.

Meanwhile a brief look at the Eagles practice squad and I see Thomas Booker, big strong DT sitting there. I look at the Steelers practice squad and Jonathan Marshall, a strong explosive DT sitting there. If I look at most teams with a great defensive front's practice squad there are great prospects sitting there.

Why are the Patriots afraid to poach other talented team's practice squads, is this some unwritten rules among the coaching fraternity bllsht?

Absolutely I've been clamoring for Roberts to see some time in the rotation.. I absolutely loved the switch up on defense against the jets.. I'd like to see that continue.. looks like we'll be seeing more of white and Roberts..
I agree and thing that before we try the Davis card, I'd like to give Roberts some back up snaps in the rotation. There are 2 things to love about Sam's game. He is explosive and has a non-stop motor. His issues usually arise because he doesn't have full control of either. This is his 3rd year IIRC, so we SHOULD start seeing the control as well as the violence and drive,

Patriots just signed DT Manny Jones, a jag that's bounced around and has been cut repeatedly.

Meanwhile a brief look at the Eagles practice squad and I see Thomas Booker, big strong DT sitting there. I look at the Steelers practice squad and Jonathan Marshall, a strong explosive DT sitting there. If I look at most teams with a great defensive front's practice squad there are great prospects sitting there.

Why are the Patriots afraid to poach other talented team's practice squads, is this some unwritten rules among the coaching fraternity bllsht?

Who said they are afraid of poaching talent?
Jones was only signed to the PS.

The Patriots still have a 53 man roster slot. But you're also assuming that the players want to sign elsewhere. We've seen in the past that players have chosen not to sign with a 53 man roster.

I agree and thing that before we try the Davis card, I'd like to give Roberts some back up snaps in the rotation. There are 2 things to love about Sam's game. He is explosive and has a non-stop motor. His issues usually arise because he doesn't have full control of either. This is his 3rd year IIRC, so we SHOULD start seeing the control as well as the violence and drive,
This is Roberts 2nd year.

Who said they are afraid of poaching talent?
Jones was only signed to the PS.

The Patriots still have a 53 man roster slot. But you're also assuming that the players want to sign elsewhere. We've seen in the past that players have chosen not to sign with a 53 man roster.
We've seen players turn down offers to join practice squads to stay with their original teams practice squad. Players aren't turning down active roster spots and higher paying jobs.

This reeks of the Marshall Newhouse signing while Yosh Nijman was sitting on the Packers practice squad and played well in preseason. All that accomplished was getting Tom Brady injured that season.

This may sound weird, but I was kind of impressed that he took full accountability instead of blaming coaching, an undisclosed injury, being used the wrong way, etc. In most cases I would think the first step to fix a problem with oneself is to admit the problem exists and diagnose what needs to improve.

I hear you, and it's really not fair to criticize his choice of words, but from a team standpoint with young players perhaps looking up to him, he would have conveyed the same message with "I have nobody, but to blame, but myself. I can play better."

Give it a more positive spin than you were caught not giving your best.

I think that's hurting his return.

Absolutely agree .. these are home grown guys that we have on the roster that we need to take gull advantage of.. Keon white is budding star.. he deserves by his play to start.. or at least play lots of snaps. Sam Roberts is more of the 2 gap Chris Jones type penetrating DL that we need. I absolutely love that Mayo is having the young guys play more.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back