PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPYs Wed 7/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wanted to watch the ESPYs tonight but, unfortunately, I need to clean my andirons.

By the way, on a completely unrelated note: does anyone know where I can get some andirons that need cleaning?
Better hurry! The cold weather is right around the corner!

Rodgers to cook was a great throw, but how is that play better than the Edelman grab in the SUPER BOWL?
Forget about the Edelman throw. Rodgers to Cook wasn't half as good as the Ryan to Jones catch, or about a half dozen other greater catches this season.

I didn't watch. Was the Ryan to Jones throw in the Superbowl even nominated?

Forget about the Edelman throw. Rodgers to Cook wasn't half as good as the Ryan to Jones catch, or about a half dozen other greater catches this season.

I didn't watch. Was the Ryan to Jones throw in the Superbowl even nominated?

Also Brady to Amendola was pretty sweet. It looks routine but in that situation, what a throw and catch.

I'm guessing Samuel L Jackson's "please dont let it be them" reference must've been us lol.

Thats what I was actually thinking also, seemed he was referring to us. Not sure tho

I missed this "must see" piece of excrement. and I'm a veritable sports junkie. Anyway, someone explain to me why Discount Double Douchebag won ANY award over Brady for last season....WTF?????????????????

I didn't watch (and the sky appears blue much of the time.)

Brady didn't actually attend this joke of a ceremony did he? The guy is turning down invitations to play golf with world leaders, but he would show up to an event where a gossipy tabloid hands out fake awards for random unremarkable achievements?

I missed this "must see" piece of excrement. and I'm a veritable sports junkie. Anyway, someone explain to me why Discount Double Douchebag won ANY award over Brady for last season....WTF?????????????????

The Warriors won best team too. Lol. Tells you hat you need to know.

Tom is polishing his rings so I doubt he cares much.

I mean Rodgers throw to Cook allowed GB the oppurtunity to go and get obliterated the next week.

Edelman's catchbled directly to the tying TD.

Yeah that one was rough. If you're not gonna give it to Edelman then give it to the girl who hit the buzzer beater to beat UConn. Giving it to Rodgers was just stupid.

I hate ESPN with a burning passion. like a urinary tract infection. didnt watch one second of that garbage.

The best athlete in American sports is a basketball player who leads his team to win a remarkable 57% of its games. Mark Cuban had it right: this guy is a fraud who didn't belong in the MVP discussion, let alone "best athlete", and of course BSPN bought it hook, line, and sinker. I can't remember a more self-centered statistical obsession from one player to put himself on a pedestal. LeBron James was winning 60+ games earlier in his career (as opposed to Westbrook's 47 wins) with a worse supporting cast, but LeBron didn't do everything in his power to put up some meaningless stat line. Classic BSPN...feeding into the selfish, headline making sports culture that they help to create.

And not to take anything away from Kevin Durant's finals performance, but he added himself to a record setting, All-NBA team and still wasn't the best player in that series. Brady's championship performance will be remembered five decades from now. Durant? Not even sure if he'll shed his punchline reputation as the biggest front runner in sports. Is there any doubt that with Curry healthy this time, the Warriors would have won that series even without Durant? Deshaun Watson was also a much better choice than Durant; like Brady, his performance was legendary and he carried the team on his shoulders.

Last note: I guess the fickle BSPN staff forgets that in mid-October, Aaron Rodgers was being compared to Blake Bortles for his first half performance, before GB played its cake schedule. They were publishing articles that he is a fraud who lacks leadership skills, with multiple teammates taking shots at him. The again, predicting you will "run the table" and then losing in the playoffs is better than not making a ****y prediction, then actually running the table from the same point in the season, which includes winning the the Super Bowl. Brady didn't actually run the table, since he didn't tell a reporter he was going to, so he loses points.

Last edited:
Rodgers wins NFL's Best Player. Lol

Like I said in another thread a couple weeks ago: it's extremely bizarre how there seems to have been this wave of "Rodgers is the best QB! GOAT! Godgers > Brady" narrative to hit really hard out of nowhere recently, especially after SB 51 of all things. I'm convinced he's got shills on his payroll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents