PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPNews: Goodell issues statement: "Pats violated league policy"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ESPN NEWS just said Goodell...

Draft picks or and/or a fine doesn't seem like a just punishment. Forfeting the win over the Jets and/or suspending the head coach is more just.

I think you would all feel that way if a team was caught red-handed in your stadium on your sidelines cheating. :mad:

If you don't think your team and every other team in the NFL steal signs then you're on crack.

There is no possibility of a forefeit

The NFL has no provisions for after-the-fact forfeits, it's never happened in the history of the league. That one's a non-starter.

A suspension is also a non-starter.

The only possibilities on the table are fines and a loss of draft picks.
I agree that there isn't a rat's chance in hell that a forfeit takes place, but there are provisions by which the commissioner can excute a "reversal of a game's result". But it would take what the rulebook calls an "extraordinarily unfair act" which I just don't think we have here.

Re: ESPNews: Goodell issues statement: "Pats broke rules"

Your just a classless Jets fan. Who cares what your opinion is.
Have a nice day

No offense, but you better get used to it. It's deserved, Belichick f'd up here big time.

I wonder what he told Kraft? From Kraft's earlier comments I could have sworn he didn't think it happend. I guess I was reading to much into it.

Hey all you self righteous losers. Why are you being such hypocrites? The Pats got caught spying by recording signals. Every team does it there own way. It's like saying you can copy a paper from the guy next to you during an exam.......that's ok, just don't take a picture and then copy the answers from the picture. Yeah real big motral difference there. I'm not saying either is right but get of your high moral horses and call a spade a spade!

Last edited:
Uh are their any actual mods on this board, or are trolls encouraged?

If these posts aren't trolls, then I don't know what is.

Bad weather, rough field, time of day..I'll think of somemore.

Seriously, some of my fellow Jets fans are jumping on my case because I am of the opinion that this tape business is really not a factor...it cannot explain the terrible offense and lack of coverage on special teams.

Finally A Jets fan with a brain.:rocker:

Nope, everything will still count. Seriously, check the stats tomorrow, or Thursday, they'll still be the same. Losing teams' fans always have a reason why their loss didn't count, the records know better.

====================================

Yea you are correct, it will all still count as a game played.

The pats are in a whole different league the the Jets, the Jets will be getting beat by the Pats (soundly) for years, they are that much better of a football team, probably the best of this decade. Pats will probaly win the SB this year.

All these things I admit, but the Pats cheated in the Jets game, tainted the results, not one play of that game will ever be without the stink of CHEATING by the Pats, and as far as I am concerned will never be valid in my eyes.

Congrats on a great win,

Uh are their any actual mods on this board, or are trolls encouraged?

Click on the little triangle button to report a poster.

Don Banks said a fine and/or forfeiture of a pick are most likely. Personally, I don't think there's any way it's a first-rounder.

Regardless, the Pats may be the first to get busted, but I now guarantee that they won't be the last.

In terms of what they did, I don't care. The fact that they'd been warned and kept doing it, I can't understand that.

Agreed. Why risk it with the team they have this year? Maybe all of this will blow over, but they were warned and they continued to do it. Week one no less.

Don Banks said a fine and/or forfeiture of a pick are most likely. Personally, I don't think there's any way it's a first-rounder.

Regardless, the Pats may be the first to get busted, but I now guarantee that they won't be the last.
As long as we keep our two #1s there's no stopping this great team. Especially not the ***** f*cking Mangina.

F*ck you ****breath (that was to Mangina, not Fixit ;).

Last edited:

If you don't think your team and every other team in the NFL steal signs then you're on crack.
You have anything remotely resembling evidence of the Chargers employing a cameraman to steal the competition's signals?

I don't think so. This is not something that every team does. Maybe there are a few teams who feel they need the extra edge. But nobody has been caught before. It will be interesting how Goodell deals with it.

I do have a question. And it will probably be answered in due time. Was that camera capturing signals for use in that game, or to prepare for future games only? I think the answer to the question should factor into the punishment.

The unexplained radio setup also raises some questions.

What do you, as fans of the guilty team, think about it?

Goodell is a goddam idiot.

Watch the Patriots fire back double-barreled on cheating and tarnish the whole image of the league.

Or Kraft, actually being a businessman rather than a ego-driven media whore, take the medicine and move along.

And then the next team who gets caught, it'll be blown out of proportion and someone will get Pete Rose'd.

First of all this whole situation makes me sick. Most of all I'm upset that the Pats were warned yet continued to do it, especially against a team like the Jets who would clearly have an idea that they might do something like this. Yes all teams probably do it, but they were warned and kept doing it. Stupid.

Now moving on we'll probably lose a draft pick or two and have to take unending crap from the idiots who just log on to rub it in our faces because it's easier than thinking about their own teams issues.

But on the positive side this happened after one game. Imagine if we had 13 or 14 wins when this was discovered. Clearly it will stop now and whatever the Pats accomplish this season will be free of any kind of "cheater" stigma. At least in my mind, though I'm sure the other fans around the league will never let us forget it.

I think this also could unite the players even moreso because this clearly was not any of their wrong doing. This one is entirely on the front office. Hopefully something like this will bring the "us against the world" attitude and help them open up a can of whoop ass the likes of which the NFL has never seen.

That said I am extremely disappointed for the second time in two weeks in this organization.

Last edited:

Watch the Patriots fire back double-barreled on cheating and tarnish the whole image of the league.

Or Kraft, actually being a businessman rather than a ego-driven media whore, take the medicine and move along.

And then the next team who gets caught, it'll be blown out of proportion and someone will get Pete Rose'd.

======================================

I vote for option B.

You have anything remotely resembling evidence of the Chargers employing a cameraman to steal the competition's signals?

I don't think so. This is not something that every team does. Maybe there are a few teams who feel they need the extra edge. But nobody has been caught before. It will be interesting how Goodell deals with it.

I do have a question. And it will probably be answered in due time. Was that camera capturing signals for use in that game, or to prepare for future games only? I think the answer to the question should factor into the punishment.

The unexplained radio setup also raises some questions.

What do you, as fans of the guilty team, think about it?

I think almost certainly it's used to prepare for future games, and compile information on a team's tendencies. Unless the camera guy is totally familiar with the defensive scheme and has a telepathic link with the coaching staff, how on earth could this be used to advantage during the game? The fact that you could have a guy on the sideline looking at the other team's signals and charting all this as long as he's not using a camera is what makes this a joke. There is nothing morally wrong with this in my mind, I EXPECT every team in the league to do this. It's information, it's freely viewable, it's should be allowed to be archived by both teams. The fact that there is even a rule against using cameras on the sidelines is laughable, and serves no purpose whatsoever. Every team in the league does this, constantly, whether it's having staff members chart plays and signals or taping the other sideline, and they SHOULD.

Yes blame it on Roger Goodell! It's all his fault!!

What a horrible man.He actually wants to do his job and protect the integrity of the game!!

Imagine that.

IM CLASSLESS??????

HAHAHA

YOU WERE THE TEAM THAT HAD TO CHEAT TO GAIN AN ADVANTAGE

AND YOU CALL ME CLASSLESS???

LOL

Shouldn't you be off cheering Chad's injury?

Take a lap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes