PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPNews: Goodell issues statement: "Pats violated league policy"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ESPN NEWS just said Goodell...

Why don't you worry about your losing season crappy team inept coach and let us worry about the Patriots buddy!

So the Broncos only lose a 3rd round pick for cheating the cap but we're going to lose multiple picks for this?
They can have our fourth round pick from last year. Didn't do us any good anyway.

Last year the Patriots were also warned to stop whatever it was they were doing. And they didn't, and they got caught.

I am beyond pissed about this, especially if it is costing multiple draft picks. What a stupid, arrogant move by this organization.
I agree with this. I am pissed and embarrassed about this development.

What round draft pick did Denver lose for violating the cap?

wooooooooooo

Every week we hear how LT is going to be crushed. The Bears did a great job but the NFL MVP still found a way to beat them.

As for the Patriots, I think Ty Warren and company will be worrying about stopping LT, something they have never had success at doing before.

Ok he'll gain 125 yards and the Bolts will still lose. It makes no matter.

If they suspend BB or take away first round picks this is going way too far!
If there is a frickin forfeit It will forever change the way I look at the NFL policies.

Sources: Goodell determines Pats broke league rules by spying on Jets
By Chris Mortensen
ESPN.com

Updated: September 11, 2007, 5:38 PM ET
Comment
Email
Print
NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has determined that the New England Patriots violated league rules Sunday when they videotaped defensive signals by the New York Jets' coaches, league sources have told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

NFL security officials confiscated a camera and videotape from Patriots video assistant Matt Estrella on the New England sidelines when it was suspected he was recording the Jets' defensive signals. Sources say the visual evidence confirmed the suspicion.

Goodell is considering severe sanctions, including the possibility of docking the Patriots "multiple draft picks" because it is the competitive violation in the wake of a stern warning to all teams since he became commissioner, the sources said. The Patriots have been suspected in previous incidents.

The Patriots will be allowed an opportunity to present their case by Friday, sources said, most likely via the telephone.

The league also was reviewing a possible violation into the number of radio frequencies the Patriots were using during Sunday's game, sources said. The team did not have a satisfactory explanation when asked about possible irregularities in its communication setup during the game.

Goodell is expected to have a decision no later than Friday but that is not set in stone.

The league refused comment but did confirm Monday that they were reviewing a possible violation by the Patriots

Perhaps your first rounder might be a nice wake up call to get Belichek back in touch with fair play and honoring the game.

Yeah, like Merriman and the notorious cross dresser/soliciter of homos Courtney Hall? You probably don't remember him because you've been a Charger fan for about 5 minutes.

Perhaps your first rounder might be a nice wake up call to get Belichek back in touch with fair play and honoring the game.
Is that what you suggest the Chargers be fined for Merriman's steroid use? The Chargers are in no position to be pointing fingers here.

Merriman's steroid use got him NFL season honors, though I imagine you must have petitioned the league not to send him to the Pro Bowl, since you are so opposed to cheating.

i know without cheating, you guys still would have whooped on the jets...but you guys are fu*king CHEATERS

CHEATERSSSS

super bowl favorites, a dynasty...and you have to CHEAT to try and gain an advantage

CHEATTTTTTERS...even makes me hate u guys more

Please someone bann this classless Jets fan!! please

BB has a lot of explaining to do. Especially if we lose a ****ing 1st rounder.

If there is a frickin forfeit It will forever change the way I look at the NFL policies.
Are there developing stories that we may actually have to FORFEIT? Or Belichick get suspended?

Why don't you worry about your losing season crappy team inept coach and let us worry about the Patriots buddy!

LOL..I guess the truth hurts eh guys?

The league will not tolerate an organization that cheats, especially when Belichek has used these methods before.

Kind of sad for the game really. This great championship team, but this takes winning at all costs a little far.

Shame.

dude, a first rounder is a little extreme, even if we have two of them.......I say its a 3rd...just like denver

The ESPN article doesn't mention a forfeit or suspensions, it only says draft picks. If they were going to suspend Belichick, I imagine they would at least call him to NY, and they said they aren't doing that.

Is that what you suggest the Chargers be fined for Merriman's steroid use? The Chargers are in no position to be pointing fingers here.

Merriman's steroid use got him NFL season honors, though I imagine you must have petitioned the league not to send him to the Pro Bowl, since you are so opposed to cheating.

Is that the best you can do?

Pretty tired refrain. Players in the NFL use banned substances. Ask Rodney Harrison.

But this is from your leader of your organization, this is really a disgrace.

Sources: Goodell determines Pats broke league rules by spying on Jets
By Chris Mortensen
ESPN.com

Updated: September 11, 2007, 5:38 PM ET
Comment
Email
Print
NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has determined that the New England Patriots violated league rules Sunday when they videotaped defensive signals by the New York Jets' coaches, league sources have told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

NFL security officials confiscated a camera and videotape from Patriots video assistant Matt Estrella on the New England sidelines when it was suspected he was recording the Jets' defensive signals. Sources say the visual evidence confirmed the suspicion.

Goodell is considering severe sanctions, including the possibility of docking the Patriots "multiple draft picks" because it is the competitive violation in the wake of a stern warning to all teams since he became commissioner, the sources said. The Patriots have been suspected in previous incidents.

The Patriots will be allowed an opportunity to present their case by Friday, sources said, most likely via the telephone.

The league also was reviewing a possible violation into the number of radio frequencies the Patriots were using during Sunday's game, sources said. The team did not have a satisfactory explanation when asked about possible irregularities in its communication setup during the game.

Goodell is expected to have a decision no later than Friday but that is not set in stone.

The league refused comment but did confirm Monday that they were reviewing a possible violation by the Patriots

He's also considering the possibility of not doing anything. But that doesn't make as good a story.

Patriots do not cheat we just got caught doing what every team does we just weren't as discrete I think we should all find that camera boy and kick his ass for being so obvious!;)

I say BB is suspended one game.....that is it. There is no way in Hell they even go near a 1st day pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back