PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPNews: Goodell issues statement: "Pats violated league policy"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ESPN NEWS just said Goodell...

This is an example of a clueless phucking idiot, most likely a school kid.

How am I clueless?

The Patriots received a warning before this season about this very thing. They chose to ignore it and cheat anyways. Now they have been caught and there is physical evidence at the NFL office.

Belichek will have an opportunity to offer his feeble excuse and then Goodell will hand down his punishment on friday.

What dont you understand?

Maybe they did . . . their coach last year was doing it 20 years ago :

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/cheat/news/story?id=2957893

"When Marty Schottenheimer coached the Cleveland Browns in the late 1980s, he routinely sent a scout to watch the signals opposing teams used to relay messages from coaches to players. When the scout returned, Schottenheimer's staff would watch the game film and match the signals to the plays that followed".

You are missing something. All teams try to figure out the other teams signals. That is not against the rules. What is against the rules and considered cheating is sending a cameraman to take pictures or film. That is forbidden.

Hey everyone. I know it's been a trying day for patsfans. I see you're weathering as you must.

I just want to share this with you. We had a pats fan on our board on Monday that posed the question, what's wrong with a little legerdemain? I found that to be a brilliant word and to the point. My immediate thought was nothing? There's nothing wrong with gamesmanship. In fact, perhaps it should be a formal course of study? But I digress.

The prob you're facing is that apparently you violated NFL policy. Whether you violated policy or actually committed a rule infraction looks a little murky to me right now. Bottom line for me is this. To send a cameraman over to the the other teams sideline in THEIR stadium... yea, that crosses the line. Seriously, I don't believe SD would ever stoop quite that low. It is a little low. Just saying. I know you're all thinking what's too low?

Well? Based on what the pats present and Goodell perceives, I think we're about to find out.

Sorry if the pats are caught in the cross hairs on this but I think a message needs to be sent. A 3rd and a 4th isn't enough.

I think a 1st PLUS a 4 game suspension for BB sets the proper tone. Sorry, but this isn't exactly about NE.

One more thing I forgot. Here's my take. When I look at the last 2 games SD and NE have played, I don't think you've had any kind of unfair competitive advantage. At all.

EDIT: Late but more to the point, er, if you were actually able to steal play calls from us at any moment? You suck! Just saying that...

Last edited:
Granted but Patriot fans blasted LT for saying that the Patriots cheated
when in fact they did.........
The problem is when a Patriot fan farts they blame someone one else,
It could never be possible themselves
2 bad the Pats couldnt get the signals from the Colts to go to the SB!
IF BB was the coach for the Pats when they played the Packers in the SB! I am sure the Packers would of lost! America's Team? Not anymore!

You're not sure about anything. It's all suposistion.

To send a cameraman over to the the other teams sideline in THEIR stadium... yea, that crosses the line. Seriously, I don't believe SD would ever stoop quite that low. It is a little low. Just saying. I know you're all thinking what's too low?

as per facts it was the pats own sideline not the jets sideline.

EDIT: Late but more to the point, er, if you were actually able to steal play calls from us at any moment? You suck! Just saying that...

*yawn* Oh! Were you talking?.....

Moderators: please change the title of this thread. Goodell has issued NO such statement and the thread title is misleading and inaccurate.

You are missing something. All teams try to figure out the other teams signals. That is not against the rules. What is against the rules and considered cheating is sending a cameraman to take pictures or film. That is forbidden.

So, you're admitting you're a spineless little bureaucrat? You're not so concerned about stealing signals, cheating and upsetting the competitive balance of the game. All you're concerned about is filming on the sideline and breaking a rule.

Man, I know you're Canadian and you guys love bureaucracy up there, but this takes the cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back