PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN- Still spreading lies

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
They just can't help themselves... it's almost like they make sure there is at least one hatchet in every story they run with about Deflategate.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...atriots-deflating-footballs-troy-vincent-says

The NFL said before the Super Bowl that it is still investigating how the Patriots used underinflated balls in their AFC title game but has no conclusions yet and no timetable for resolving the cheating accusations.

The league said Jan. 23 that evidence shows the Patriots intentionally deflated footballs in their 45-7 victory over Indianapolis that gave them the AFC championship and a trip to Arizona to face Seattle in a game they won 28-24.

That's quite interesting. The statement said no such thing; in fact, it was extremely clear in the statement that they had reached no conclusions as to how the balls became deflated and whether or not it was intentional. Keep up the worst journalism in world history, ESPN. The National Enquirer is a more reliable source of information.

I dont understand why Kraft cant sue them. Or at least have a cease and desist. Or even better. Why cant Commish send them a letter and tell them that they are making one of his franchises and his boss look bad strictly for ratings and viewers - without evidence.

I dont understand why Kraft cant sue them. Or at least have a cease and desist. Or even better. Why cant Commish send them a letter and tell them that they are making one of his franchises and his boss look bad strictly for ratings and viewers - without evidence.
Probably because he already sent them a memo stating "keep spreading baseless rumors and innuendo to take the focus off the piss-poor job I've done for the last 7 years".

Looks like ESPN has corrected the error... It now reads:

The league said Jan. 23 that evidence shows the Patriots used underinflated footballs in a 45-7 victory over Indianapolis that gave them the AFC championship and a trip to Arizona to face Seattle in a game they won 28-24.

I'm sure it was just an honest error, just like failing to publish Rapaport's unimportant report that unfortunately exonerates the Patriots. I see they put Charles Haley's dumb opinion as the leading news story; no mention of the hypocrisy of Jerry Rice. I can't wait until that agency gets exposed as criminally fraudulent.

Hope someone down at Patriots legal is taking regular recordings of these "mistakes". With the new fiery RK I wouldn't be surprised.

I think the league finds nothing and tries to fine the Pats 25k since the ball is their responsibility. After that, it's anyone's guess. If that were to happen, Kraft would likely go absolutely berserk that the Patriots are being given a black eye for doing absolutely nothing wrong, and I expect the report to suggest that every team is using illegal balls, provided that the temperature drops to a certain level. I would not want to be Goodell trying to hand out a fine, no matter what size, to the Patriots, after coming up with zilch. I could see some high-level legal battles, and I could also see Goodell's end, if that happens.

Let's posit that the league does hand out this dumb ass fine.
Were I Kraft, I'd insist that the league audit balls at halftime for every game.
This league is so dumb that all would go well early in the season. Lulled into complacency. Heh!
Suddenly in December, balls in games the North are going way out of spec, dropping in psi all over the place. Teams "cheating" and being fined left & right. Green Bay's season suspended for repeat violations in blatant disregard of Goodell's edict!
Teams "cheating" and being fined left & right.
Hilarity ensues.
Major clown show.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes