PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN Page 2 Writer Apologizes for Hitler Comment

bigjunk1

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I was going to tack this on at the end of the original comment thread, but it would have gotten burried. As much as ESPN has sucked over the past year, I do think they handled this about as well as you could expect.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hill/080623

She screwed up, she owned up, and she said she was sorry.

I read that and I am glad she was so forthright about it. The comparison was idiotic and she should have known better. Heck, it wasn't even cutesy or funny. Good she acknowledged it.

Isn't she the one who said that Imus should be fired for making a hurtful insensitive joke?

Imus said something off the cuff without having a chance to read what he said, think about it, submit and post it.

She made a hurtful insensitive comment that wasn't even meant to be a joke and thought about it, edited it, and submitted it - why is there less of a standard there in her mind? Just because its her job and not someone else's?

Isn't she the one who said that Imus should be fired for making a hurtful insensitive joke?

Imus said something off the cuff without having a chance to read what he said, think about it, submit and post it.

She made a hurtful insensitive comment that wasn't even meant to be a joke and thought about it, edited it, and submitted it - why is there less of a standard there in her mind? Just because its her job and not someone else's?
could not have said it any better. shes a piece of garbage and a hypocrite.

Last edited:

Yup, in a nutshell that is human nature at work. First law is self preservation. The second is tends to be preservation of friends, family and co-workers or peers you like who screw up. Which is all well and good - I just wish more people, particularly in the hypercritical professional sports media, would think through what they say before saying it with that in mind.

Everybody said at the time he wrote his potential pulitzer piece that if Tomase was wrong he was dead man walking, and not just in Foxboro - it would be career suicide. Then when they found out he was wrong they started pleading the case for why he should not be punished severely or in some cases at all...good guy, good reporter, made a mistake, almost right (that was my personal favorite), :blahblah: . I just hate double standards, especially where media are concerned.

I especially liked how she said Boston fans really know how to use their email.

I'm sure her inbox was something to behold.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
Back