PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN has no shame........NO SHAME WHATSOEVER!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can already tell that media is going to try and subtly suggest that Brady is apologizing for his part in deflate gate. In actuality he is only stating that he is sorry that everyone else in the league who was uninvolved had to put up with this ******** for so long. Par for the course when it comes to the media.

I had a feeling this would happen. You guys spend to much time at ESPN's website. But I guess we have to or they would get away with printing lies without being caught.

Right. It's the ESPN Patriots blog, much of which is written by Mike Reiss and some more of which is written by his interns, not the Mike Reiss blog. And it's not nearly as good as if it really were the Mike Reiss blog, some of which is written by his interns.
Mike Reiss has interns?

This needs to go viral

Everyone ought to tweet this out and share it on facebook

Honestly, is anyone surprised by this and does anyone really believe that Berman's decision to overturn the suspension along with harsh words over the NFL's investigation would force these asshats to sing a different tune? Phuck ESPN and the NFL. I'm just glad that we can focus on football again. I can hardly wait to for the opener on Thursday night. What I would give to be at Gillette and hear the crowd when Brady leads them through the tunnel. I can only imagine it would be similar to what one of Rome's greatest gladiators would hear at the Coliseum in it's heyday.

Mike Reiss has interns?

He trained Field Yates and Mike Rodak. And, from those guys (historically) and others, there long have been bylines in his blog with routine reporting that we have NOT found objectionable.

At times the "intern" tag has been explicitly applied to one or the other of them.

Talk about disgusting, poor guy.

If you lie down with dogs, you'll wake up with fleas.

Man....Deflate Gate is the worst thing to happen to football
It's been a really miserable offseason. But not only for us. Not only for Tom. Hell not only for Goodell and his lackeys. But for other teams and their fan bases. The excitement and anticipation has been dampened, actual football talk overshadowed by the latest deflate gate drama.

Sure next Thursday could smash some TV records for an NFL opening game but damn it's been an ugly build up to the season.

If you lie down with dogs, you'll wake up with fleas.
Stop this. Utterly moronic. What's the guy supposed to do, quit his job? You obviously have no idea what it's like to have to weigh between making a living and being a subordinate to unsavory people (i.e. you have no concept of the working world lol). It's not like his blog there has been a disaster from the start; before the NFL Nation crap when it was just him, Field Yates and Rodak it was the place to go to for NEP news. I hope he can get out, but until Volin chokes on a lego and the globe job opens up again, what do you want him to do? Just quit and become homeless so the more myopic Pats fans out there like you are appeased?

I can't find those tweets or the ESPN lies anywhere. Could they have been removed ?
Yeah, the story appeared the way it appeared in his link for me. I don't get it.

Has anybody here actually seen the story up on ESPN reading the way that quote has it? Because if it was up that way, it's been put back to the way Mike said he wrote it.

Has anybody here actually seen the story up on ESPN reading the way that quote has it? Because if it was up that way, it's been put back to the way Mike said he wrote it.

ESPN pieced together an article implying that Brady was apologizing to the NFL for putting the League and its fans through a legal ordeal. And to make it worse, they attributed it to Mike Reiss.

Mike Reiss responded by saying the article was not his, and should have never been released under his name.

The reason why you can't find it, was because it was taken down and removed by the editors, and replaced by what Mike Reiss initially wanted.

Stop this. Utterly moronic. What's the guy supposed to do, quit his job? You obviously have no idea what it's like to have to weigh between making a living and being a subordinate to unsavory people (i.e. you have no concept of the working world lol). It's not like his blog there has been a disaster from the start; before the NFL Nation crap when it was just him, Field Yates and Rodak it was the place to go to for NEP news. I hope he can get out, but until Volin chokes on a lego and the globe job opens up again, what do you want him to do? Just quit and become homeless so the more myopic Pats fans out there like you are appeased?

I agree.. It is better to a have decent patriots reporter on espn than a crap one. Someone has to cover the pats for them so im glad hes the one. Also bruschi does a great job on espn. Just because the network as a whole is crap doesnt mean good people shouldnt work there

The sad thing is most people won't know or care about this.

I don't know or care about it and it feels GREAT. Really. No ESPN, no NYJFL, no Felger, no Mazz, no Tangway.

If I didn't post on this site, I wouldn't read or hear about any of the bs. But I have to take the bad with the good to get to the good stuff.

ESPN and NFL Monday Night Football contract:

$15.2 Billion

Yep, 15.2 billion reasons why ESPN will polish the NFL's apple regardless of the sliminess of it.
But there maybe good news for those of us who would like to see ESPN get their just desserts.

I don't think many people know ESPN is considered the third most valuable MEDIA company there is (based on revenue estimates -- the ESPN estimate is 60 billion). They are considered much more valuable than another of Disney's networks, ABC. Even though ABC has many many more total viewers throughout a program day, ABC's valuation is a paltry 3.2 billion. If ESPN was a standalone publicly traded company, that 60 billion would make it within the 80 most valuable companies on Wall Street, in the top 20% of the fortune 500. So why does this extremely valuable media company kowtow to the NFL much less anyone? From a numbers perspective ESPN should kowtow/fear no one. Something doesn't seem right about that.
That's where it gets interesting and why, IMHO, ESPN may consider changing their 'ESPN' logo to the silhouette of a house of cards and their jingle to *ESPN, the world leader in sports....debt*. First, ESPN is significantly overpaying market price for as well as contractually committing to many many billions for the rights to air top ticket sports (fyi, they recently paid ridiculously huge for NBA). Even with significantly less compelling and buzz generating NFL game matchups, they pay more than ABC, CBS, Fox per game. Second, and even more interesting about ESPN, they probably collect more money than any other fortune 500 company from consumers that do NOT use their product (as odd as that sounds it is probably true). 60% of ESPN's revenue (yes, 60%) comes from carry rights. I believe this means every single cable and satellite subscriber that has a viewing package that includes ESPN, that cable or satellite provider pays ESPN something like $5.50 per month for that subscriber (almost 4 dollars more than the next cable station on that list). Doesn't matter one bit if you don't watch or never would watch ESPN, ESPN makes 5.50 per month from you as a cable/satellite subscriber. That's certainly great news for ESPN. Hmmm, just thinking out loud, what happens if 'cord cutting' attracts more and more people? And what happens if cable/satellite providers are forced by the changing and shrinking full package subscriber market to go a la carte? Could it affect a company who has committed many many billions because they expect to collect many billions in revenue from the compelled fee payer market that is almost sure to shrink and even transform?:)

I'm not saying it will happen next year, however, it sure seems clear that ESPN is a house of cards. 60% revenue due to compelled fees from a consumer pool that is or will be shrinking and uninterested in paying for channels they don't watch or want? That seems the very definition of house of cards. While it won't wipe out ESPN it will permanently chop one of their legs off.
So unless ESPN can pull off some master stroke business move where they get sports consumers to pay very significantly higher $$$ for the right to watch their games and shows as well as they are able to somehow get Internet based TV watchers to pay up quite a lot to watch the ESPN content, ESPN's revenue will drop. In the end I'll call that just desserts

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST