PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eric Moore Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's got crooked numbers in FF, FR, Sack columns.

That's good enough for me over 3 games.

Has anyone noticed that Moore seems to play alot more(hehe) than Cunningham? I am very impressed with Moore.
I have been impressed with Cohen because he seems much quicker with his first step than most of the other DL. Cohen seems much more suited as a 4-3UT. I like Pryor as a pass rusher, but Cohen is much quicker and gets more push.

My predictions for the front 7 next year.
DL-Wilfork, T.Warren, G. Warren, Brace, Cohen, Love, Rookie (7)

OLB- Nink, Cunningham, Moore, Rookie(Kerrigan) (4)

ILB- Mayo, Spikes, Guyton, Fletcher, White (ST) (5)

Other than Wright for Cohen, you've got it spot-on.

He's played more than Cunningham because JC is trying to shake off injuries.

I'm glad we've got a guy like Moore to spell JC and Ninko though.

The fact that they can find a guy to play at this high a level basically off the street....I'm not sure what that says. They just got lucky? Their coaching is really good? The other players should be playing better?

I don't think Cohen lasts too long, just another body.

98 in the HOUSE!

b4a883_bump_12202010.jpg

2010121200001665.jpg

My wife is really trying to get into the Patriots this year, and she is really impressive. She can identify like 15-20 players on the team now (this is the first time she started watching football.) Anyway, we have a running joke, because I'm having enough trouble trying to explain to her the roles of non-star players and have her remember their names. All of a sudden, as I'm talking to her about how Wilfork draws two blockers, stops the run, etc., and start talking to her about the other big guys like Brace and Warren, she suddenly points to the screen and says "then who the heck is that guy Eric Moore!" And I look at her and say, "yeah, who the **** is Eric Moore?" Then he makes two more plays in a row, after I've already told her that there's no one else significant on the defense.

It's just been that kind of year. Everyone who suits up is an instant star.

:rofl: It's been a crazy year.

Moore has been a really nice pick-up. I think he's played more than even he anticipated, but he's developing a much larger role.

Initially, he would primarily play DE in our sub defense and just rush the passer. But as others have noted, he's played some 5-tech in the base, and last game played primarily as an OLB.

Considering the complexity of this D and the fact that he joined with over half the season gone, it's amazing to see him contribute at so many different positions. He seems to have a nose for the ball too.

I'm sure some view him as an ex-UFL jag, but if he keeps this up, they'll have to make room for him.

The Pats scouts must roam pretty far. Did you know that previous to being picked up by New England, Eric Moore had been playing in the UFL for the Florida Tuskers?

Yep. Still listed on their roster:
Player Roster | UFL

You know the UFL is loving this. What better advertisement for their league than former players making an impact in the NFL? :)

The Pats scouts must roam pretty far. Did you know that previous to being picked up by New England, Eric Moore had been playing in the UFL for the Florida Tuskers?

Moore was brought in earlier in the season with a more heralded OLB/DE. Seems to me, when he went to that other league and got another look here, BB must have decided this guy wants it. Don't underestimate the importance of desire to BB. Like BJGE and Woodhead, BB seems to almost invent players.

I did make the call :)D I always do) that maybe this guy got stuck behind someone and just needed a chance, not unlike Vrabel. They're out there, it's a matter of finding them and them having the persistence to succeed.

Yep. Still listed on their roster:
Player Roster | UFL

You know the UFL is loving this. What better advertisement for their league than former players making an impact in the NFL? :)

The link you gave is the first time I've even been to the UFL site, so yeah, great advertisement for this league.

And while I was there, I took a look to see how great Moore was. He must have dominated this league.

Ummm not quite. In fact, he has as many sacks in 4 games in NE as he did in 10 games with the Florida Tuskers.

It's actually quite bizarre looking at the stats. I haven't watched a single second of his play in the UFL so probably shouldn't judge by the numbers, but it's so funny I have to post:

Eric Moore, 10 games with Florida Tuskers:
12 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 2 passes defensed

Eric Moore, 4 games with New England Patriots:
14 tackles, 2 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 1 pass defensed

And if anyone cares, he had two teammates who had a few more sacks. Joe Clermond has 6.5 and Patrick Chukwurah 5.5. I have no clue who these guys are, but maybe BB should get them too. :D

Last edited:
it's been an amazing year for unknowns who have been pushed into roles for the pats this year

woodhead

moore

cohen

BJGE (not unknown but was thought by some as our 5th rb)

Arrington (ST to starting CB)

Connelly

Has been a great effort by depth players to step up and for our personnel department to find these guys

it's been an amazing year for unknowns who have been pushed into roles for the pats this year

woodhead

moore

cohen

BJGE (not unknown but was thought by some as our 5th rb)

Arrington (ST to starting CB)

Connelly

Has been a great effort by depth players to step up and for our personnel department to find these guys

I would add ninkovich. And hell even there kicker Graham has been just about perfect barring an extra point.. Lets just hope he can keep it up in the play offs. If I remember he was on cinci and missed kicks in the play offs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft