PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Embarassment of Riches at TE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget about Barrett, who BB went out of his way to steal from denver last season. A 6'2" 225 lb DB. Who BB seems to be trying out in the DB/LB possition he has been trying to fill.

A 6'2" 225 DB who runs a 4.34 40!

The only thing that gives me pause is that one, Crumpler has lead Johnson to 2,000 yards and BJGE to 1,000 yards AND more importantly, he's a CAPTAIN. That tells me that BB loves his leadership and locker room presence.

You appear to wan't to gamble the future of the possition for one last year with a 34 year old, injured, overpaid, vet. who may not return to form and who the team has other great possible options right now to replace him with. Always respect past accomplishments but, don't let them get in the way of makeing good desisions for the future. Plus do not disrespect BJGE by attributeing his accoplishments to Crump.

You appear to wan't to gamble the future of the possition for one last year with a 34 year old, injured, overpaid, vet. who may not return to form and who the team has other great possible options right now to replace him with. Always respect past accomplishments but, don't let them get in the way of makeing good desisions for the future. Plus do not disrespect BJGE by attributeing his accoplishments to Crump.

You can more than keep the future of the position by keeping 4 TE's. We're arguing over essentially our 3rd TE, who is just a blocking TE. Crumpler has been arguably the BEST blocking TE in football the last few years. I'm not attributing BJGE's success or even Johnson's success to Crumpler, but Crumpler has HELPED every team, and specifically the RB, that he's been on. And when he's left, the numbers went down. You can't deny that FACT.

For what its worth: Only five players have not been seen at the Pats practices to date 1) Haynesworth, can't practice with team till officialy signed, 2) Stroud, has been cut, 3)Kaczur projected to be cut, 4) Crumpler, and 5) Prior avtive/PUP. All other active PUP players are present, and Ochocinco was there takeing passes from Mallett since neither could practice with the team yet. So the fact that two of the 4 players not present yet will be released does not look good for the other two Crumpler who is not even on the active /PUP list and Prior who is.

Surprised to see Crumpler cut... Perhaps his injury was worse than expected?

Alge will be on the shadow squad and will be back if there is an injury and there is an injury.

I still think they keep 4 TE's this year. Gronk, Smith, and Yeatman with Hernandez on the PUP until he's fully healed.

Surprised to see Crumpler cut... Perhaps his injury was worse than expected?

nah... he is just old and replaceable :p Bill see's the light:) Lee Smith and Yeat mean more to the future than Crump:cool:

I'd like to hear more about Yeatman before declaring that the kid is a shoe in for the squad. Especially since the guy is as slow as many O-linemen who are 30-40 lbs heavier than him, at least in the 40..

I'd like to hear more about Yeatman before declaring that the kid is a shoe in for the squad. Especially since the guy is as slow as many O-linemen who are 30-40 lbs heavier than him, at least in the 40..

I don't understand... is it your job to throw cold water on all posts that show optimism for the potential team choices for the future. Even though Yeatman is 6'7" and 275, the size of many OL, or DE's his speed is much better than you give him credit for. A 4.47 40 does not deserve to be compared to the OL. In fact Gronkowski ran a 4.65 to 4.76, and Crumpler in his prime ran a 4.75. So because your binky Crumpler ( who you have defended vehimently for months) was CUT you will remain bitter to the choices of the Pats since they don't agree with you. Smith and possibly Yeatman are still part of the future of this team, how about a little support for them. SO NO Yeatman IS NOT as slow as lineman 30-40 lb's heavyer than them. Just bitter *********.

I don't understand... is it your job to throw cold water on all posts that show optimism for the potential team choices for the future. Even though Yeatman is 6'7" and 275, the size of many OL, or DE's his speed is much better than you give him credit for. A 4.47 40 does not deserve to be compared to the OL. In fact Gronkowski ran a 4.65 to 4.76, and Crumpler in his prime ran a 4.75. So because your binky Crumpler ( who you have defended vehimently for months) was CUT you will remain bitter to the choices of the Pats since they don't agree with you. Smith and possibly Yeatman are still part of the future of this team, how about a little support for them. SO NO Yeatman IS NOT as slow as lineman 30-40 lb's heavyer than them. Just bitter *********.

What are you talking about? I am not bitter about anything. Crumpler couldn't pass the physical because his shoulder wasn't healthy. Sh!T happens.. As for the rest of your post, You seriously need a dose of reality. Not to mention you need to get your facts straight instead of talking out your arse.

First: 275 lbs is NOT the typical size for an O-lineman. Maybe it was during the late 70's and 80's, but it's not now. Your Typical O-lineman is 300-320.

Secondly, where did you get that Yeatman ran a 4.47? Certainly not from his Pro-Day numbers.

NFL Draft Scout----Powered By: The Sports Xchange

Height: 6'6 3/8"
Weight: 270

40: 5.08
20: 3.00
10: 1.77

Bench: 16
Vertical: 28.5"
Broad: 8'08"
3Cone: 4.68
Shuttle: 7.69

The 40/20/10 numbers as well as the Vertical, 3 cone, and shuttle are the numbers that Good O-linemen put up. Not what a good TE put up. So, you'll have to forgive me for ignoring your 4.47 blather and sticking with real facts.

So, how is my being cautious "throwing water on optimism"? Or are you so blinded by your own bitterness that you can't tell the difference between being cautious and raining on someone's parade??

So what are the chances of 4 TEs on the 53? One of whom is Hernandez, who by all reports has been working with receivers at camp.

I can't figure out if Yeatman is good, or if I like him because hes a big dude who runs people over. I don't believe the roster at all btw. 6'5" 268? I'd say more like 6'6"-6'7", 285.

Can Yeats be the goal line fullback that Rodak gives a spot on the 53 for?

It seems like the 2010 draft was the start of a new school of thought for Bill. Gronk, Hernandez in the draft, Crumpler, then a lot of 2-3 TE sets to start the season.

I guess what I'm saying is: Gronk, Hernandez, Smith, Yeatman....

So what are the chances of 4 TEs on the 53? One of whom is Hernandez, who by all reports has been working with receivers at camp.

I can't figure out if Yeatman is good, or if I like him because hes a big dude who runs people over. I don't believe the roster at all btw. 6'5" 268? I'd say more like 6'6"-6'7", 285.

Can Yeats be the goal line fullback that Rodak gives a spot on the 53 for?

It seems like the 2010 draft was the start of a new school of thought for Bill. Gronk, Hernandez in the draft, Crumpler, then a lot of 2-3 TE sets to start the season.

I guess what I'm saying is: Gronk, Hernandez, Smith, Yeatman....

The numbers in my post are from his pro day.

Yep, he's officially 6 feet, 6 3/8 inches tall without shoes. And he does look very heavily built. I have those 4 TEs on my projected roster, but then again, I'm the guy who has Welker being traded. Those two go very much hand in hand. More 2 TE sets would mean fewer snaps for a slot receiver.

Yeatman is going to be on the practice squad ....

Things are going pretty good when you can have a debate over where the 4th TE will end up. We all know what Gronk and Hernandez are capable of. And everything I have heard about Smith has been pretty positive. Sounds like he could be a leader in the locker room for years to come. A productive Will Yeatman would just be icing on the cake.

There are plenty of teams that would love to have the Pats' #4 TE as their #2.
If that were true they would have drafted him

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes