PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eli over Brady?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do realize that the Giants are going to be facing 2 top tier TE's and a top tier WR on turf?[/QUOTEyep I do and I'd much rather worry about the intermediate routes with the TE's than the Deep ball quick strike.. stop i spit out drink on the Dion Branch top tier thinglol

It really is ridiculous that we have a 12-page thread to discuss whether Eli Manning is on par with Tom Brady as a football player. That is all. The same goes for arguing Eli is a better quarterback than his brother.

you do realize that your going to be facing 3 top tier wideouts on turf with a secondary that from one point to the next has had everyone from Edelman to Belechicks son playing back there.. and Tom is gonna be getting pash rush pressure sped up on the turf from BOTH sides of the DL you can homer it all you want but,, the last team the Pats wanted to see in Indy was the Giants

If Manningham is a top tier wideout, then Branch is as well. And I don't see anybody arguing that...

Kevin Negandhi and Ryen Russillo went off on Eli vs Tom,
the former arguing for Eli, showing his general Philly guy antagonism for the Pats.
Best laugh lines:
"I don't think Brady can move at all".
"Right now Eli can be mentioned in the same breath as Brady,
based on what I have seen in the last five weeks".

Rusillo "So you are taking Brady? You are out of your mind."

That is here, the first segment: ESPN Radio Daily: 1/23
ESPN Radio Daily: 1/23 - ESPN

The next segment is Amani Toomer, Colin Cowherd on Eli.
Colin, "In a big game, in lousy weather, Eli may be better than Peyton. I know
that sounds ridiculous, can't you start making that claim now?"
Toomer: "of course you can... If he wins, he will have 2 super bowls, and 2 is more than one"

Okay, I may have paraphrased the last part.
So, this easy math enables us to conclude Jim Plunkett (with 2 SB wins)
is also better than Payton, and Trent Dilfer is superior to Dan Marino.

See, this stuff doesn't have to be so hard!
;)

i can assure you one thing: somebody from philly doesn't hate the pats more than he hates the Giants

you do realize that your going to be facing 3 top tier wideouts on turf with a secondary that from one point to the next has had everyone from Edelman to Belechicks son playing back there.. and Tom is gonna be getting pash rush pressure sped up on the turf from BOTH sides of the DL you can homer it all you want but,, the last team the Pats wanted to see in Indy was the Giants

Manningham is a top tier? Calling Patriots fans "homer", but you just "homer" yourself by saying that.

You do realize that the Giants are going to be facing 2 top tier TE's and a top tier WR on turf?[/QUOTEyep I do and I'd much rather worry about the intermediate routes with the TE's than the Deep ball quick strike.. stop i spit out drink on the Dion Branch top tier thinglol

Um, that's Wes Welker I'm talking about, chuckles.

lol - thats all i had to say but heres the extra 10 characters

Laugh all you want, but it's the reality of the situation, and the numbers bear it out on pretty much every level.

I do and I'd much rather worry about the intermediate routes with the TE's than the Deep ball quick strike.. stop i spit out drink on the Dion Branch top tier thinglol

He referred to Wes Welker when he mentioned the top tier WR. Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to laugh at others when your football knowledge is subpar.

If Manningham is a top tier wideout, then Branch is as well. And I don't see anybody arguing that...

the point there is if you double Nicks and Double Cruz Manningham is gonna eat you alive....... Dion no double needed

Who said it was ALL about stats? I asked if it should be something other than two superbowl wins? Even with Aikman there was plenty of debate as to whether he deserved to be in the hall. In the case of Aikman he led a truly dominant team on a great four year run. He was often in the top five in passer rating during that time and was widely regarded as a top QB. I don't see how you can even compare his case to Aikman's.

i believe if responded to u originally wtih that post (if im wrong im sorry)

but didn't u say don't u think he should have more than one good year of stats. My argument that he has. If you couple that with 2 Superbowl wins (this is based off us winning the superbowl), the ironman, the most road wins in postseason history, and 1-2 Superbowl MVPS - he will have the requirements to get in. Plus hes JUST hitting the prime time of QBs in their career.

Rivers has clearly been a top tier QB in recent years. He's clearly been vastly superior to Eli, too. Now, whether you think he slipped out of that group this year or not is where my comment about people questioning Rivers on that list comes from, but he's certainly higher up on the list than Manning, unless you're going with just this year.

If you're doing that, you can put Eli below the likes of Stafford and Schaub.

Rivers has no postseason success, plays in an offense that throws on the west coast, barely makes the playoffs, underacheives, plays in the weakest division in football.

Talk about somebody JUST based on stats. You might as well consider Kerry Collins and Jake Plummer as elite QBs as well

i believe if responded to u originally wtih that post (if im wrong im sorry)

but didn't u say don't u think he should have more than one good year of stats. My argument that he has. If you couple that with 2 Superbowl wins (this is based off us winning the superbowl), the ironman, the most road wins in postseason history, and 1-2 Superbowl MVPS - he will have the requirements to get in. Plus hes JUST hitting the prime time of QBs in their career.

If he spends the rest of his years going one and done in the playoffs, or missing the postseason altogether, he'll face an uphill battle to get in, even with 2 SuperBowl rings. And for the most of Eli's career, that's what has happened to the Giants at the end of the season, with the exception of 2007 and 2011.

the point there is if you double Nicks and Double Cruz Manningham is gonna eat you alive....... Dion no double needed

Dion? Celine Dion? Didn't know she play football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back