PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Edit Source:] Boston Globe: Ocho and Brady still not clicking (play wise)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSolderKing

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Chad Ochocinco has "had a bit of a rough time picking up the Patriots offense," according to the Boston Globe.
The Pats' offense requires more ad-libbing between the receivers and QB than the Bengals' did. It's hardly a surprise that Ochocinco and Tom Brady aren't reading each other's minds just yet, but it would help if the two "start getting on the same page soon." We'll see if the connection tightens over the next three weeks.
Source: Boston Globe
Aug 18, 2:46 PM

FYI the Globe is the same source that dennounced the Herald report of Vereen to IR.

Shane Vereen - RB - Patriots

According to the Boston Globe, rookie RB Shane Vereen is "undoubtedly headed onto the 53-man roster."
ESPN Boston's Mike Reiss agrees. It's not unusual for a fringe player to be placed on injured reserve with a hamstring issue -- as the Boston Herald suggested -- but it would be extremely rare for a second-round pick. Vereen has now missed over two weeks of practice time after flashing intriguing speed in the first few days of camp.
Source: Boston Globe
Aug 18, 3:06 PM

is this a non issue right now or should we automatically conclude that the chemistry will get better over time?:confused:

Ocho being cut seems unlikely and it better not happen. It takes time for certin chemistry imo Some happen immediately and others develop later on. Ocho is in the "over-time" category

Last edited:
Ochocinco is smart and hard-working. They'll figure it out.

It would be nice if you were able to understand context instead of just repeating a misleading and sensationalist headline.

Brady has a fantastic understanding with Branch and Welker, because he has you know..played some games with them...alot of games in fact.

Ocho is, for reasons obvious to those who took 10 seconds to ponder, not going to have that level of chemistry with Tom Brady.

This should be obvious to you.

I wish there was a way to stop you making threads.

It would be nice if you were able to understand context instead of just repeating a misleading and sensationalist headline.

Brady has a fantastic understanding with Branch and Welker, because he has you know..played some games with them...alot of games in fact.

Ocho is, for reasons obvious to those who took 10 seconds to ponder, not going to have that level of chemistry with Tom Brady.

Or at least stop posting these threads making them look like fact. This guy....

Re: Ocho and Brady still not clicking (play wise)

Or at least stop posting these threads making them look like fact. This guy....

All I can say is Nate Solder had better be REALLY good ...

Re: Ocho and Brady still not clicking (play wise)

why??? this has been an issue since Day 1. They are not games I understand that. Game chemistry will develop in time, but hearing reports such as these are not encouraging. I like Ocho a great deal and I am happy he is here. I even bought a Jersey:)

I figured by now they would be clicking better. This is an honest thread. Do you condone every report and assume it to be false??? If u do that is ignorant. I posted this b/c this was an ongoing report from various sources through out camp. I guess we can't listen to ppl that know more about s situation, since they have connections:rolleyes:

Last edited:
It's right up there with the "Meriweather sucks" thread(s).

We can make all the comments we want about Meriweather, but WE don't have a clue what Coach was asking him to do on each play. WE might see what we believe is a miscue, but unless we know exactly what HIS assignment was on that play, we can't honestly judge his performance.

Since we don't know what TFB & 85 are seeing, all we can do is give them time to work things out.

I think Ochocinco is smart enough not to let his best chance to win a Superbowl pass him by. They probably have him learning multiple positions, which will take him some time to pick everything up and right now he is probably thinking to much instead of letting his natural ability and instincts take over. During game week, everything slows down and gets simplified, so on game day Ochocinco should be ready to go.

C'mon, Ochocinco has only had the playbook for two weeks. Give it time.

Writers frequently exaggerate to get people to read their stuff. Of course it takes players time to get on the same page. Why do you think that Welker worked with Brady in the off season. There were no OTA's or off season camps. They are doing all this on the fly with the restrictions on practice that is reducing the number of reps compared to previous years.

I post what I see... Since it was an ongoing issue I figured it would be ok to post. As the feedback comes back it is negative in nature

Writers frequently exaggerate to get people to read their stuff. Of course it takes players time to get on the same page. Why do you think that Welker worked with Brady in the off season. There were no OTA's or off season camps. They are doing all this on the fly with the restrictions on practice that is reducing the number of reps compared to previous years.

Worth simply repeating, supplying clues to the perennially clueless.

Last edited:
New receiver, reduced camp time, and a complicated playbook.

This type of story shows that reports are already coming down from their "two week high" that occurred when the NFL went haywire and now they are already bored and looking to cause mischief. Sometimes, I can't tell the difference between a tabloid writer and a sports writer.

I am overreacting b/c when I posted I did not factor in shortened pre-season. I am not use to it

He has only had book for 2 weeks? it has to be longer than that.

Last edited:
I am overreacting b/c when I posted I did not factor in shortened pre-season. I am not use to it

Surely you don't have to be 'used to' a shortened pre-season to understand its possible effects?

I'll walk you through it.

Because its 'shortened' there is 'less time'

Because there is 'less time' you can't 'do as much'

Because you can't 'do as much' you are going to be behind those who have had 'more time'.

Chad gets an A1 from me right now - his attitude, from what I can tell has been humble and willing to learn.

You can't ask for more right now.

I think we owe him the benefit of the doubt on this.

How about we at least wait to see him get some stuff wrong in a pre-season game before we jump to spurious conclusions based on a couple of honest assessments by Tom Brady?

Last edited:
This will be a real issue if Brady and Ocho are not in sych after the break.

seriously, where a is facepalm gif when you need one?? wait just found it
:ugh:

he was traded on the 28th and I doubt he got the playbook emailed to him right away.

Yesterday you post about how well Brady is doing; 24 hours later there's all these problems between Brady and Ochocinco???

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/792458-great-reports-tfb-tc.html

The issue I have - and from what I have read from some of the others in this thread they may have as well - is that (a) you're not providing a link for us to read the whole column, so we can see exactly what was said; and (b) the quote you do provide often does not paint an accurate picture.

I do appreciate the time and effort you make to share this info, but it would be most helpful to provide a link - not to Rotoworld or whatever the site is that provides these brief snippets, but to the original story so that we can all read the full column for ourselves.

In addition, it's really only fair to whoever wrote the original article that they get the benefit of the additional clicks to their site as well.

Last edited:
I post what I see... Since it was an ongoing issue I figured it would be ok to post. As the feedback comes back it is negative in nature
Ocho just scored a nice TD for us. Seriously, it's only been a few weeks.

It takes a long time to develop chemistry with someone you've never played with. Doesn't matter what sport it is... you can work on the playbook and talk to the guy all you want, but it comes down to playing time. They haven't had enough together yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Back