PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Edit Source] Boston Herald: no surprise here: Vereen likely to IR (red-shirt) yr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Dowling goes on the IR, i will be pissed!!!:mad:How on earth u draft a guy thats injury proned?:rolleyes:

I dunno, let's ask the Vikings why on earth they drafted Adrian Peterson. He was as injury proned as they came in college...

Last edited:
Are you comparing Peterson to Dowling?I know ur comparing them to injuries but Peterson has played.:rolleyes:

FWIW, I'm with you re: Brace. Going into this third year, he hasn't really shown anything. Doesn't mean he won't or can't improve this year, but missing all of TC doesn't exactly make me optimistic.

Maybe we secretly swapped Brace and Haynesworth's uniforms to put a fear factor into opponents.

Are you comparing Peterson to Dowling?I know ur comparing them to injuries but Peterson has played.:rolleyes:

Dowling and Peterson's college injury histories actually track pretty closely with each other: both played in every game in their second-to-last season, then missed a lot of their last season in college due to a significant injury. Oftentimes these injuries are flukish, and you get great value for where they fall to you in the draft. Either way, saying that you can't understand how anyone would draft an injury-prone player makes no sense.

If you'd prefer, how about Rob Gronkowski? How'd you feel about that pick?

Last edited:
Dowling and Peterson's college injury histories actually track pretty closely with each other: both played in every game in their second-to-last season, then missed a lot of their last season in college due to a significant injury. Oftentimes these injuries are flukish, and you get great value for where they fall to you in the draft. Either way, saying that you can't understand how anyone would draft an injury-prone player makes no sense.

If you'd prefer, how about Rob Gronkowski? How'd you feel about that pick?

Good call on Gronk. Going back a bit, there's the Curtis Martin example.

Re: no surprise here: Vereen likely to IR (red-shirt) yr.

Good call on Gronk. Going back a bit, there's the Curtis Martin example.

Good points people, however Gronk and CM did NOT get injured tripping over crabgrass walking onto their 1st Patriots practice field in Chad Jackson and Shawn "The Crab" Crable fashion. Let's hope that Ras IR Dowling breaks the trend along with Ben Vereen.

Re: no surprise here: Vereen likely to IR (red-shirt) yr.

Good points people, however Gronk and CM did NOT get injured tripping over crabgrass walking onto their 1st Patriots practice field in Chad Jackson and Shawn "The Crab" Crable fashion. Let's hope that Ras IR Dowling breaks the trend along with Ben Vereen.

I hate crabgrass.

Re: [Edit Source] Boston Herald: no surprise here: Vereen likely to IR (red-shirt) yr

When they picked Dowling i was surprised.I wanted DL help but i hope he gets on the field and is productive.Just hope.:rolleyes:

Re: [Edit Source] Boston Herald: no surprise here: Vereen likely to IR (red-shirt) yr

When they picked Dowling i was surprised.I wanted DL help but i hope he gets on the field and is productive.Just hope.:rolleyes:

So say we all. So say we all.

Damn I really miss those smokin' hot Cylon babes.

article seems pretty much like speculation to me. Hamstring injurys take time, i'd rather they take their time with him then try to rush him through the injury.

Vereen "cut-worthy"?

Zuri Berry says in his Globe article on last night's game that Vereen is a "cut-worthy candidate" after not being able to show anything thus far in camp. Is this guy completely crazy or do you think there is any merit to this?

I think it's a bit premature to make assumptions about what the Patriots will decide to do with any of the injured players. There are still two weeks to go before a decision needs to be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes