PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edgerrin James, Even on KNBR They're Saying He's Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fanfrom1960

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
...from the Colts. What do they know, but this is the SF bay Area sports talk radio station. We're kind of an outpost out here right now with the suckiness of the 9ers and Raiders. Foregone conclusion that the Colts don't want to pay him? I don't know if the Patriots would look at him as a "rent a runner" to put them over the top, or if the money would be too much, or maybe they have an opinion of Edge as a team player, or whatever. If this has been beat to death here, sorry, but I did just hear the opinion on the Gary Radnich Show, for those that know him.

well

He will command more money than the pats are willing to spend! (and that's assuming they want him) I think our backfield will look much the same as it did this year (unless we draft a RB that makes the team)

Are you suggesting cutting Dillon and signing Edge for say $5M plus incentives for a toal cap cost for ONE RB of $10.4M or are you suggesting having both at a cos of $9.4M for the two, with a fight over reps?

In any case the team would be adding at least $5M+ to the current cap costs. Where does this cap money come from?

If we really have $5M of cap money hanging around, I would rather sign a WR, and/or extend Koppen, Samuel and Branch,

Fanfrom1960 said:
...from the Colts. What do they know, but this is the SF bay Area sports talk radio station. We're kind of an outpost out here right now with the suckiness of the 9ers and Raiders. Foregone conclusion that the Colts don't want to pay him? I don't know if the Patriots would look at him as a "rent a runner" to put them over the top, or if the money would be too much, or maybe they have an opinion of Edge as a team player, or whatever. If this has been beat to death here, sorry, but I did just hear the opinion on the Gary Radnich Show, for those that know him.

NO! Not with the Patriots. Corey will be fine next year.

We can draft a RB. My opinion of Edge is that he always gets shut down in the big games and when that starts to happen he shuts himself down.

Fanfrom1960 said:
I did just hear the opinion on the Gary Radnich Show, for those that know him.

Wow, I was living in the Bay Area back in the early '90s when Radnich first joined KNBR. I remember thinking he didn't suit the format and wouldn't last...shows how much I know! (Ralph Barbieri, in contrast, was born to be a radio host -- for better or worse.)

Oh right, your actual topic -- I do think James leaves the Colts, but I'd be surprised to see him end up here.

mgteich said:
Are you suggesting cutting Dillon and signing Edge for say $5M plus incentives for a toal cap cost for ONE RB of $10.4M or are you suggesting having both at a cos of $9.4M for the two, with a fight over reps?

In any case the team would be adding at least $5M+ to the current cap costs. Where does this cap money come from?

If we really have $5M of cap money hanging around, I would rather sign a WR, and/or extend Koppen, Samuel and Branch,

I'm not suggesting anything WRT the Patriots, although I'm sure they look at any and all good players that come up available. My main reason for posting is that I was surprised that even a sleepy West Coast radio station (compared with WEEI) is saying that he's "gone" from the Colts. This would weaken the Colts, I would imagine, if he does move on.

I'm hoping we draft Maurice Drew.

The radio station is repeating what has been stated in many, many places. INDY did not come to terms with Edge last year, and are likely to do so this year. The difference is that this year INDY is not interested in giving Edge the $9M or whatever it would cost to franchise him. We'll see in the next two weeks, but I expect that the INDY goes on Reggie Wayne, and the colts find a much less expensive RB.

Fanfrom1960 said:
I'm not suggesting anything WRT the Patriots, although I'm sure they look at any and all good players that come up available. My main reason for posting is that I was surprised that even a sleepy West Coast radio station (compared with WEEI) is saying that he's "gone" from the Colts. This would weaken the Colts, I would imagine, if he does move on.

patchick said:
Wow, I was living in the Bay Area back in the early '90s when Radnich first joined KNBR. I remember thinking he didn't suit the format and wouldn't last...shows how much I know! (Ralph Barbieri, in contrast, was born to be a radio host -- for better or worse.)

Oh right, your actual topic -- I do think James leaves the Colts, but I'd be surprised to see him end up here.

Radnich is a bit of a high strung guy, and he irritates some, but right now the alternative around here on a.m. sports talk radio is Jim Rome, whom I used to like (or tolerate) but he's getting sooooo repetitive lately. People in New England are lucky (aren't they?) with WEEI. Back to KNBR, I do like Ralph Barbieri, who teams with Tom Tolbert now in the afternoons. They are both very good. LMAO, sometimes for fun, they play the audio of the scene from Goodfellas where Joe Pesci whacks this goombah who's been making fun of Joe as an ex shoe-shine boy. Barbieri sounds just like Pesci!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents