PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman too? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBradyOwnsYou

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
An odd choice of people to start following today...

110ip03.jpg

No way to know for sure, but don't forget that Edelman grew up in the SF area, just as Brady did, and I believe he grew up as a Niners fan.

He's also following the new Jets QB too so maybe nothing in it.

If the Sanders rumors have any teeth - Edelman better start following some more teams.

We have become a nation of Twats......is that right term for one who tweets?

I like Edelman a lot and it seems that BB and JMD do as well but with Amendola and, possibly, Sanders on board, there may not be a spot for him. Amendola and Sanders both have similar skill sets to Edelman but are more advanced as WRs. If Sanders doesn't work out, I love to have Edelman back next year.

He's also following the new Jets QB too so maybe nothing in it.

Actually.

he'd be an excellent addition to their ranks. Relatively cheap too.

I'd love to have Edelman back too, but I think the writing has been on the wall for a few days now.

First the pursuit of Cribbs, then the signings of L.Washington and obviously Amendola.

Finally, the recent news of offering Sanders an offer sheet.

I'd really like to have him back, and I do think he'd be pretty cheap, but I think Belichick wouldn't have a need nor a roster spot for him. It's a shame, I really was hoping he'd make some progress as a developmental receiver.

On the contrary, didn't Bedard say yesterday that the plan was for him to back up Amendola, and even be used with him at times in various sets?

Huge fan of the guy but he's very expendable now. Enough bodies at WR if the Sanders reports are true and one of them is already injury prone enough and good in the slot - no need for two of those. We could take a small downgrade at punt return since I don't think Washington is as good as he on punts but may not be considerable enough to warrant a roster spot.

If only he could stay healthy, he may have broken out last season and gotten the Amendola deal.

He Edleman may be back if Lloyd doesn't restructure.

Not much left out there.

@evansilva Best WRs left in FA: 1. Julian Edelman 2. Darrius Heyward-Bey 3. Domenik Hixon 4. Ramses Barden 5. Laurent Robinson

Not much left out there.

@evansilva Best WRs left in FA: 1. Julian Edelman 2. Darrius Heyward-Bey 3. Domenik Hixon 4. Ramses Barden 5. Laurent Robinson

Jeez...that's not saying much about the potential prospects remaining when you have Edelman as the #1 receiver available. Poor Heyward-Bey and Hixon..

For what it's worth, ESPN has Devery Henderson as their #2, and doesn't even have Edelman or Robinson on their list.

Re-sign him please, just please do it. We can't lose Woodhead, Welker and Edelman. That just wouldn't be right.

this came up this morning in my google search of his name. I tried convincing myself that he/his agent did it for leverage. AND THAT IS WHAT I AM GOING TO BELIEVE LALALALALA.

Oh jeeez! If Edleman goes there will be mass hysteria on this board! Then in 3 weeks those same fans will be burning names of other players on cardboard to see if the smoke is black or white.

..And a new Popelman will be named!

Well, until he's actually signed, there's always hope. :)

OTOH, it's interesting to note that we've heard essentially NOTHING about Edelman and Vollmer, and not much about Talib.

Damn it, what is happening with this guy? Is nobody interested in him or are we just not hearing anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST