PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman reinjures foot

Good chance for T.J. Moe to get a lot of early reps.

He's been given every opportunity to play since then. He's either gotten injured, or hasn't earned it. Again, the contract the team gave him speaks volumes about what they think of him. I'm inclined to agree, in this instance.

I know, I was also poking fun at the posters who are little opptimistic about Edelman.

This is unfortunate. Edelman, due in part to injuries, has not yet assumed a major role in teh offense but he was getting more time last year before he got hurt and he was effective. He is not a natural receiver but is a dangerous runner with the ball in his hands. I see WR as a position of glaring need with Amendola, Jones, and a couple of rookies, one of whom has a broken toe while the other was the third leading receiver at Marshall University. If healthy, Edlelman will see plenty of time. I hope he recovers and that this is not a lingering Lisfranc or something.

The guy is far too injury prone and because of that you cannot depend on him. I think the Patriots would be better off to cut their losses now and move on.

Leon Washington's competition in the return game and the rookies' competition with JE for receiver reps seems to be affected.

I know of nobody who had locked him in as "winning" a #2 WR slot.

Bad news, though, obviously.

Hopefully he didn't collide with Glas-I, did he?

I know, I was also poking fun at the posters who are little opptimistic about Edelman.

Well done then, in that case. I consider myself to be a master of sarcasm and even I missed that one.

Oh well....i guess it's better to be done with this early.

Is Amendola healthy after practicing with Brady?

Wow...this is a shocker :rolleyes:

I'm glad that we re-signed Edelman, but I also think that he'll have to earn his job this summer, just like (most) everyone else.

Those who see him as a "100% lock" are fooling themselves. The last 2 positions at WR are definitely up for grabs after Amendola, Dobson, Boyce, and Slater.

During this wicked boring post draft doldrums at least we can read the many updates on the status of our several Glass Menagerie players. :)

I'm an Edes fan and would have completely freaked out over this pre-draft. Now, not so much. Hope he heals quickly and is ready for punt return, etc. duty this season.

The guy is far too injury prone and because of that you cannot depend on him. I think the Patriots would be better off to cut their losses now and move on.

Yeah, you are right. They should just cut him now instead of risking that 383K it would cost them should he ends up IR. Why even risk that money. Its not like he could be a decent depth WR and a potential elite punt returner. That 383K could cripple the team. Its not like cutting him would cost them a cent?

Also we are so stacked at WR right now. Lets get rid of the only guy who has ever had a snap in the system.

It is amazing the amount of ignorance on this forum. Embarrassing.

So a clean up procedure is now a re-injury?

Yeah, you are right. They should just cut him now instead of risking that 383K it would cost them should he ends up IR. Why even risk that money. Its not like he could be a decent depth WR and a potential elite punt returner. That 383K could cripple the team. Its not like cutting him would cost them a cent?

Also we are so stacked at WR right now. Lets get rid of the only guy who has ever had a snap in the system.

I agree. Cutting him makes zero sense. It's true that the only break the guy can catch is a broken bone. But he is versatile, can play several positions in a pinch, and is a very good PR. Not sure what sense it would make to cut him.

Once I stop posting, things will improve!

You risk losing the guy who gets cut if he holds a place on the final 53. I think its better to go with somebody who is likely to stay healthy, so long as he can do the job.
Personally I think Moe is going to be up to the standard required and will get a spot. There is no use incorporating a player into your playbook if he is going to be injured more often than not.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back