PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman reinjures foot

Not sure how making fun of the fact that one of the posters here (can't remember who exactly, but I think it was tony) called him an elite #2, which is a joke given the actual elite #2's of the league, makes me a "DI wanna be ****". But I digress. Edelman is not an elite #2. He's not even an elite slot receiver. That's why the contract he got from the team was as a rental with no guaranteed money.

He's been given every opportunity to play since then. He's either gotten injured, or hasn't earned it. Again, the contract the team gave him speaks volumes about what they think of him. I'm inclined to agree, in this instance.
No, K, he's never been an elite #2....to this point, and his inability to stay on the field, including this latest injury is certainly troubling. However when he's had significant playing time he HAS produced, but how often has that been. BTW- he's a top 5 punt returner in the league, and the only PR, with a TD in each of the last 3 years. That alone makes him well worth what the Pats are paying him.

Pardon me, You are right I took your "elite #2" comment as being overly mean and sarcastic, as opposed to a comment on someone else's dumb comment. Hopefully this is just a small bump in the road for him. As it is, he's the last person who needs OTA snaps, and its probably a better thing that others get his at this time

No, K, he's never been an elite #2....to this point, and his inability to stay on the field, including this latest injury is certainly troubling. However when he's had significant playing time he HAS produced, but how often has that been. BTW- he's a top 5 punt returner in the league, and the only PR, with a TD in each of the last 3 years. That alone makes him well worth what the Pats are paying him.

Pardon me, You are right I took your "elite #2" comment as being overly mean and sarcastic, as opposed to a comment on someone else's dumb comment. Hopefully this is just a small bump in the road for him. As it is, he's the last person who needs OTA snaps, and its probably a better thing that others get his at this time

That's fine. And for future reference, if you want to insult someone, then insult them. Don't throw in a wink smiley. This is the internet. I'm not going to beat you up so there's no need to be passive aggressive.

There are other outlets reporting that he did in fact, re-injure the foot which led to needing to have the "clean up procedure."

In other words, they didn't decide out of the blue to make Edelman have a clean up procedure in the month of May. It was done for a reason, and would've been done earlier had he not re-injured it if it were simply a nagging injury.

I don't know who is right, or closer to being right. I'm just stating that it may not be as simple as you seem to think, that's all.

Don't worry, there's word that BB will be holding a press conference soon to address the injury status of each of his players, we and the media should know for sure then.

The thread title is misleading.
Edes did not re-injure his foot. He had minor surgery as a follow up cleanup procedure on the break that IRed him.

to all the people hating on edleman, find me a better punt returner the last 2 years.

Edes did not re-injure his foot. He had minor surgery as a follow up cleanup procedure on the break that IRed him.
Are you suggesting that someone here would intentionally mislead people in order to further her/his agenda? You take that back right now!

he reported....starting running.....they realized he had calcification or scar tissue that needed cleaning up

and people are freaking out?

in may?

He evidently was wearing one of those Google Glass devices and was blinded by reflected sun from a skyscraper window as he tripped on a broken bottle when he stepped out of his 1976 corvette stingray, fell into and cracked the windshield and his foot punched out one of the headlights. He's getting round the clock SiO2 therapy and should be fine after rehabbing at home.

He was lucky, really.

P.S. Kidding. Like Edsel, er, I mean Edelman, and want him back ASAP.

Thanks for the clarification, PWP.

I was one who questioned it, so I appreciate the answer.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back