PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman doesn't make trip to Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good, here's to no more god damn injuries in week 17 and having everybody ready to make a run at #5

it wouldn't surprise me if Julian doesn't play the first playoff game either.
Bringing him back for the second playoff game would make the least sense of any scenario. Either you play him divisional weekend or you give him 3 additional weeks until the Super Bowl. Giving him an extra 7 days probably isn't helping the percentages a whole lot.

Hopefully he will be ready for PO Opener. Gives him more time to heal. As far as gettin on same page with Brady and brushin off rust, Him practicing should be good enough just have to get into game situation and rest will fall into place.

Bringing him back for the second playoff game would make the least sense of any scenario. Either you play him divisional weekend or you give him 3 additional weeks until the Super Bowl. Giving him an extra 7 days probably isn't helping the percentages a whole lot.
its not about making sense. he might not be ready. 6 to 8 weeks for his injury is a guide line. its not set in stone. of course i want him to play. but don't be surprised if he doesnt.

Given how well he did at the beginning of the season after not playing the pre-season, I am more than OK with this.

I'm ok with it but I'm still concerned about how effective he will be once be comes back.

its not about making sense. he might not be ready. 6 to 8 weeks for his injury is a guide line. its not set in stone. of course i want him to play. but don't be surprised if he doesnt.

6-8 weeks is the guideline for athletes to make an attempt to play again.
3 months is the guideline for full healing.
No way to know what's really happening here.

You've got to be kidding yourself if you think Edleman is "done".

He's been practicing for three weeks. Clearly, besides Gronk, he's the most important offensive weapon we have. There's no way Belichick is going to risk his health for arguably a pointless game in Miami and risk his playoff availability.

He's 100% playing in the Divisional Game and I'd gladly put money on that.

Last edited:
Hearing Chandler Jones and Hightower are also no go's for Sunday.

A bunch of players getting three weeks off:

So many people with so many (unfounded) ideas...

I don't like this. Damn injuries. This game
will be a dogfight. We might be playing the afc championship game on the road if they get that far.

The good news is that Amendola's not on that list. The Patriots might be able to run at least some semblance of an offense.

They might need to score some points because they might give up points to this lousy lolphins team. I expect DMAC to be out as well.

Erm....

On top of the 6 players already ruled out.

The good news is that Amendola's not on that list. The Patriots might be able to run at least some semblance of an offense.

Julian Edelman, Rob Ninkovich, Justin Coleman, Dont’a Hightower, Jonathan Freeny and Sebastian Vollmer were all not spotted at the beginning of practice Friday, which does not bode well for their availability Sunday, as it’s unlikely they made the trip.

Jones is out.

This game will be a lot tougher than folks think if our some of key players are out ... IMO

Last edited:
A bunch of players getting three weeks off:

Wow! The Pats are definitely approaching this game as rest over the win. I still expect them to play to win on Sunday (or you would see Amendola McCourty and others not making the trip), but seeing Jones and Hightower already out tells me that they are willing to sacrifice Sunday to rest certain players for the playoffs.

Wow! The Pats are definitely approaching this game as rest over the win. I still expect them to play to win on Sunday (or you would see Amendola McCourty and others not making the trip), but seeing Jones and Hightower already out tells me that they are willing to sacrifice Sunday to rest certain players for the playoffs.

Yeah. I'd rather have some folks that are 50:50 to play than rest them. Having home-field will help them in the long run...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back