PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman doesn't make trip to Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.

This game just got a lot tougher. We can expect to hear a lot of "Win one for the Hickey!" chants from Dolphins players now...

Funny.
if Miami really wanted to win this game and was willing to go the extra mile to get it, they'd hire a row of hot scantily clad models to sit right behind the Phins' bench to shout 'win one for the hickey'. Without that, 'Win one for the Hickey' probably carries about as much weight as Suh's chin strap.

Those guys are injured but they'd be playing if it were a playoff game. Most likely if we needed it for a bye.

It's a calculation of probabilities, how likely we are to win without them, how likely we are to win with them, how likely they are to have their recoveries stagnate by playing and how much it hurts if we're #1 vs. #2. It's way more complicated than "they're injured".

He values #1 seed but not over health right I think. We lost to the jets as a #1 seed too. And denver also lost as #1 seed but we lost to the ravens at home again. So anything can happen. Right now he is concerned about fielding healthy bodies. Some of them may suit up tomorrow just to fill the 45 count.
#1 seed is great but the extra week off/1 game less is clearly what he cares for more right now. If it was a win and get in scenario iam sure chandler jones and maybe even edelman wouldve suited up.
I understand the viewpoint I just disagree with it. #1 seed is very important and to argue bb doesn't think it is because injured players are out is silly. If healthy players were sitting that would be an argument.
Personably I am very concerned about health for the playoffs not because playing guys tomorrow could get them hurt but because then not being able to go in such a critical games tells me they may not be ready yet for the divisional round. I think the idea that for example Edelman can play but bb doesn't want him to doesn't have merit and this belief that he is healthy enough to play is very dubious. Same with Hightower jones and others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those guys are injured but they'd be playing if it were a playoff game. Most likely if we needed it for a bye.

It's a calculation of probabilities, how likely we are to win without them, how likely we are to win with them, how likely they are to have their recoveries stagnate by playing and how much it hurts if we're #1 vs. #2. It's way more complicated than "they're injured".
What are you basing this on? What had bb ever done to make you think he would play a guy if a playoff spot was in the line but decide a 1 seed isn't worth trying for?

What are you basing this on? What had bb ever done to make you think he would play a guy if a playoff spot was in the line but decide a 1 seed isn't worth trying for?
It's obvious he's managing the situation. Hightower played most of last week, he almost certainly could play this week if he had to. Amendola likely could have played last week.

But arguing about this guy or that isn't important, there's degrees of "injured" it's not black and white.

Lets hope they win later on today. I think getting off to a great start would help this team alot.

Personably I am very concerned about health for the playoffs not because playing guys tomorrow could get them hurt but because then not being able to go in such a critical games tells me they may not be ready yet for the divisional round.

I agree with you that some of these are beyond "just" managing injuries, and that there's a decent chance that a few of these guys couldn't go even if it were a postseason game. That said, Belichick is choosing to give some of them 3-4-5 weeks off in order to rest and heal properly. When you look at it that way, we should be in much better shape come 2 weeks from now in the divisional round.

I think the idea that for example Edelman can play but bb doesn't want him to doesn't have merit and this belief that he is healthy enough to play is very dubious.

I think the idea was to give Edelman as much time as possible in order to heal properly, and the extra 2 weeks from the (then potential) bye made his return much more realistic. I don't know if Edelman could play some limited snaps tomorrow, although I'm guessing that he probably would tough it out if needed. Then again, why would we even risk that scenario with the rate of refracture lessened with every passing week? I think this was always going to be an 8-10 week layoff.

Hopefully, we can get 2 semi-productive playoff games out of him and then have another 2 weeks to rest him for the SB :)

Chiefs are on a hot 11-game winning streak. Need to bring it on Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back