PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman doesn't make trip to Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're seriously overrating Miami.

Possibly, but the Patriots haven't exactly looked like a juggernaut in losing three of their last four. I hope your confidence is right. The one thing that gives me hope is that the Miami OL is as much of a mess as the Patriots. It should be a long day for the quarterbacks.

Possibly, but the Patriots haven't exactly looked like a juggernaut in losing three of their last four. I hope your confidence is right. The one thing that gives me hope is that the Miami OL is as much of a mess as the Patriots. It should be a long day for the quarterbacks.

I think turning around and handing off to whatever RB the Patriots want to put back there 40 times will be more than enough.

They are bottom five in virtually every offensive and defensive statistical category. They've won twice since October 25th. They've been blown out 5 times in that span. They lost just last week to a Colts team...at home...which alternated injured 40-year-old Matt Hasslebeck, and injured Clipboard Jesus at QB.

The Patriots lost to a playoff team and division rival on the road in overtime last week.

Miami's one of the worst, if not the worst team in the league. Seriously, Brady could stay home, and they should win this game by a couple of TDs.

Would love to see some cuts from Jackson and take the opportunity to pick up more yards as opposed to straight forward punishing their D....moving the chains also wears out a defense, including their secondary and corners...

Is this really surprising? Only a complete imbecile would support risking Edelman in a relatively meaningless game that they should be able to win without him. We'll see him again in the Divisional round.

Interesting. I take it as just a conservative approach. What makes you think this?
If he were ready he is needed to secure HFA. This is a huge game. Fans act like its meaningless which is silly. I am sure BB thinks HFA is similar to a playoff win.
If he were ready he could be on the field getting live game reps to be in game shape so he could be effective in the playoffs.
Fans love the idea of sitting players even when a win is critical but BB has never shown he agrees with that.
If BB isn't playing hinge isn't ready and that means another few weeks may not make a difference
Just my take. Hope I'm wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you're seriously overrating Miami.
They aren't any worse than the Eagles who beat us at home a few weeks ago.

If he were ready he is needed to secure HFA. This is a huge game. Fans act like its meaningless which is silly. I am sure BB thinks HFA is similar to a playoff win.
If he were ready he could be on the field getting live game reps to be in game shape so he could be effective in the playoffs.
Fans love the idea of sitting players even when a win is critical but BB has never shown he agrees with that.
If BB isn't playing hinge isn't ready and that means another few weeks may not make a difference
Just my take. Hope I'm wrong.

While guaranteeing HFA throughout is important, I classify it as meaningful game but not a critical one. With a bye locked up, getting key players like DA, High, JE, Jones, Nink an extra week of rest makes more sense to me.

While guaranteeing HFA throughout is important, I classify it as meaningful game but not a critical one. With a bye locked up, getting key players like DA, High, JE, Jones, Nink an extra week of rest makes more sense to me.

I still would hate going to denver. Denver's a totally different team on the
road. Donkeys defense plays well at home. They will gladly accept HFA.

I still would hate going to denver. Denver's a totally different team on the
road. Donkeys defense plays well at home. They will gladly accept HFA.

I hear you. One more week of much needed rest for key players or pushing for #1 seed which means playing them.

Not a cut n dry answer.

Considering all the players he left at home, he doesn't think it's nearly as big of a deal as you do.

You might be right, but I'm not going to sweat it. Miami is 2-7 in their last 9, and they've only topped 20 points once in that span. New England has not scored fewer than 20 points this season.

Well, the defense scored 7 points last week. So the offense only managed 13. But I take your point... Miami's offense... and their defense... is NOT the Jets.

If the Pats can run in any way approaching effectiveness, they should win. Come on, SJ!!! ;)

Dennis Hickey out as Dolphins GM

This game just got a lot tougher. We can expect to hear a lot of "Win one for the Hickey!" chants from Dolphins players now...

I don't think the value of having a player sit 2 weeks is positive.

Considering all the players he left at home, he doesn't think it's nearly as big of a deal as you do.
Those players are injured. They do not indicate bb doesn't care about winning. To suggest he places no value on the 1 seed is ridiculous especially since he lost on the road to the team that will take it.
If we secured home field in 2013 we would have beat Denver at home instead of losing to them in the road.

I dont think BB is valueing playing everyong for #1 over health. He clearly is playing only those who can play and if he can get #1 seed he will else he is happy with #2. I dont mind his choice. tomorrow's game thread will be full of "X" shouldve played :D

Those players are injured. They do not indicate bb doesn't care about winning. To suggest he places no value on the 1 seed is ridiculous especially since he lost on the road to the team that will take it.
If we secured home field in 2013 we would have beat Denver at home instead of losing to them in the road.

He values #1 seed but not over health right I think. We lost to the jets as a #1 seed too. And denver also lost as #1 seed but we lost to the ravens at home again. So anything can happen. Right now he is concerned about fielding healthy bodies. Some of them may suit up tomorrow just to fill the 45 count.
#1 seed is great but the extra week off/1 game less is clearly what he cares for more right now. If it was a win and get in scenario iam sure chandler jones and maybe even edelman wouldve suited up.

Is this really surprising? Only a complete imbecile would support risking Edelman in a relatively meaningless game that they should be able to win without him. We'll see him again in the Divisional round.

Hey! Hey! Hey! I'm only 78% imbecile and that's pretty far from complete.

Come on brother Kontra, this is not a relatively meaningless game. I agree it isn't a game anywhere close to 'of utmost importance' but it has a minor level of importance. Clinching the AFCCG to be played at home is a worthy stake. That the opponent sucks the big one certainly makes a less critical for performance potential/production, however, any team can lose on Sunday (See: Eagles, Philadelphia).

I felt Jules should not play if there was even a smaller tangible chance he was risking re-injury. But if the doc staff had said they'd been watching him practice as well as evaluating him in the office, and they said he was all but good to go, I would have liked to seen a handful of snaps especially if the game was close and we needed a kick in the offensive pants.

With that said I am relieved he is not playing. Even if proclaimed healthy I still would have cringed every time I saw him get tackled (the way I still do when Gronk gets tackled).

He values #1 seed but not over health right I think. We lost to the jets as a #1 seed too. And denver also lost as #1 seed but we lost to the ravens at home again. So anything can happen. Right now he is concerned about fielding healthy bodies. Some of them may suit up tomorrow just to fill the 45 count.
#1 seed is great but the extra week off/1 game less is clearly what he cares for more right now. If it was a win and get in scenario iam sure chandler jones and maybe even edelman wouldve suited up.

I largely agree.
What if we were #2 right now, we were going to play Denver, and if we beat Denver we clinch the #1. Obviously highly hypothetical, however, are you suggesting Chandler and some others would (or should) play??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back