PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman, Brady & Martinez get together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pure BS. Welker won't be traded and there's room for both Welker and Edelman in this offense. Who in God's name would trade Welker?
The same guy who traded Vrabel amd WMG.

I agree with your that there is room for both. If he is cut (not that I think he will be, but it is certainly a possibility) it won't be because there is no room at the position.

There is room for Woodhead, Vereen and Faulk, but I doubt that Faulk will be back.

Pure BS. Welker won't be traded and there's room for both Welker and Edelman in this offense. Who in God's name would trade Welker?

The LOLphins

OH GREAT...NOW I'M GONNA BE IN DEEP DOO-DOO :eek:

My old English teacher is here and diagramming sentences :bricks:

Hey, at least they got something for him. San Diego straight out cut him.

And, ironically enough, they cut him to make room for Tim Dwight. :p

The same person who traded away:

Richard Seymour
Randy Moss
Branch
Vrabel
Bledsloe
Cassel
etc.

The same person who also released Lawyer Milloy, & Ty Law.

The same person who traded away:

Richard Seymour
Randy Moss
Branch
Vrabel
Bledsloe
Cassel
etc.

The same person who also released Lawyer Milloy, & Ty Law.

Other than Seymour, I don't think any of these are really comparable situations:
* Moss: the diva was resurfacing
* Bledsoe, Cassel: you can't have two QBs making huge $$ when there's a salary cap
* Branch: his agent f***ed things up to the point where Branch wasn't going to play in NE anymore
* Vrabel: BB would almost certainly rather have traded Thomas, but obviously the salary cap prohibited that

Last edited:
Seeing that Edelman and Welker are virtually the same player - meh to whatever rumors are out there. What I want it a receiver that can you knpw - blaze down field and bring a corner with him....maybe some safety help....that way the Edelman's and Welkers and Branches of the world can make hay.

Other than Seymour, I don't think any of these are really comparable situations:

You might be right....but Seymour was considerably less expendable then Welker.

Both Edelman and Woodhead can essentially do the same thing Welker does, even if Welker does it better than the other two. We had nobody waiting in the wings with Seymour. Last year of his contract & could very well be declining instead of improving (ACL) someone offers BB a first (or maybe even a 2nd) I would expect he will take it.

Ive already made my case that I would be for a Welker trade if it happened, as long as we signed someone.

Sidney Rice, Edelman, and Branch as the 3 starters. Three very different WRs in a dynamic WR core. The better of Tate or Price would replace Branch midseason when he breaks his whatever.

Ive already made my case that I would be for a Welker trade if it happened, as long as we signed someone.

Sidney Rice, Edelman, and Branch as the 3 starters. Three very different WRs in a dynamic WR core. The better of Tate or Price would replace Branch midseason when he breaks his whatever.

That might be doable, but Edelman hasn't proven he can stay on the field so you'd be short a slot receiver if he went down with no Welker on the roster....
Much rather see Julian as ST return guy and backup to Wes...

That might be doable, but Edelman hasn't proven he can stay on the field so you'd be short a slot receiver if he went down with no Welker on the roster....
Much rather see Julian as ST return guy and backup to Wes...

Understandable, I just see this very similar to what happened with Seymour. I dont see Welker a pat past 2011 (substantial contract to a 31 year old slot WR? doubtful), get value while you can. The pats would be more prepared for this trade then Seymour because:
Of a somewhat viable backup with high potential, and the fact Seymour was irreplaceable.

Rice, Welker, Branch would be sweet, the problem being replacing two of them next year (something that will happen anyway whether we get a FA wr or not).

I suppose Edelmans backup would be Buddy Farnham.

I don't get why people are so comfortable with the idea of penciling Edelman in as a starter. He seems to be putting in the work, so I'm optimistic for him, but he hasn't proven that he can get it done with consistency on the field yet. He's still a question mark at this point, and durability seems to be an issue.

Last edited:
I don't get why people are so comfortable with the idea of penciling Edelman in as a starter. He seems to be putting in the work, so I'm optimistic for him, but he hasn't proven that he can get it done with consistency on the field yet. He's still a question mark at this point, and durability seems to be an issue.

Tend to agree. We've seen flashes. He filled in great for an injured Welker. Welker isn't injured all that often though. Are some of us missing something that makes him good enough to replace the best slot receiver in the NFL today?

I have nothing against Edelman, I just don't see him being able to take on Welker's workload when Edleman is injured much more often. He hasn't proven to be durable enough, despite POSSIBLY having the same skill (again, you can't find enough proof that he is, or will be as good as welker because he 1.) played a different position in college so there is no good slot receiver footage of him and 2.) hasn't seen the field nearly enough over 2 seasons).

On top of that, Welker produces week-in and week-out, despite being the guy who gets all the attention, especially on third down. I have high hopes for all these guys, Price, Tate, and Edelman. But let's see how consistently they can produce when they draw the kind of coverage that Welker lives and breathes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News