PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman, Amendola, McCourty, Chung out against Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harper has shown himself to be a decent WR in our system, when not asked to do to much. If he returns a punt or KO though he holds his career here in his hands. You don't drop 2.

Richards will be interesting to watch. I am excited from what I have seen from him but McCourty/Harmon/Chung have been too good of a trio for him to get any time. He will get that chance Sunday. It will greatly impact how I feel about that pick if he lays an egg.

It's going to be such a laugher if the Pats beat the Jets tomorrow with their B-squad.

To be fair, even with the injuries, the Pats "B" squad is every other team's A- squad so long as #12 and Gronk are playing w/BB coaching.

But yeah, given Edelman and Amendola are out, I actually do expect (instead of hoping as usual) a Jet win.

Now I am really intrigued by why we waived Hankerson AND Cleveland. Even if they didn't fully grasp the playbook AND Harper was lighting it up on practice, last time we faced the jets, we threw 90% of the time. This time around we're going with 3 WRs (One undrafted rookie), 3 TE (one more of a lineman). Maybe we try a more running heavy approach, maybe we are reeeeaaaally confident in Martin or something...

We'll see... Marshall and Decker are an excellent WR duo, McCourty will be missed. Their TE was also becoming a factor in their passing game in this winning streak (EDIT: Not true, their #3 WR and Powell - RB).

Hoping for the best, still believe in our team and Coaching staff, but I gotta say that I am a little pessimistic now

And our top two TEs were recently gimped.

My bad, Enunwa is a WR
Powell is a RB.

Easy mistake with Enunwa. He's used like a hybrid WR/TE anyways. Not a huge guy, but built like a rock. Helps make up for our lack of any TE since Amaro went down before the season started.

Powell on the other hand has been a RB for a while now, but always back in the depth chart. Never understood why though. Guy is pretty good. Probably the type of guy BB/Brady could turn into a star.

game thread is going to be brutal tomorrow

lol gronk will be taken away. that leaves big game james white to make some plays.
will be tough to watch, especially if they try run the ball. can't stand watching 1-2 yard rushes..

We still have our best receiver of the last few games available - James White. White, Gronk and Lafell/Chandler as Receiver #3-4 isn't a complete disaster.

Amendola, Chung and McCourty out against the Jets..

According to Mike Reiss...

Wide Receiver Depth: LaFell, Keyshawn Martin and Harper
RB depth: Bolden, Jackson and White
Safety Depth: Harmon, Richards and Wilson

Nothing on Hightower..

Tough game this afternoon, a lot of players need to do their job..

Already a thread on this

I just heard on NFL network that "Chang" is out... damn it when will it ever freaking end.

I have the narrative should they lose & especially if Marshall & Decker do well...."How can they stop Pittsburgh if they can't stop Marshall & Decker, Mike?!?!? "Butler's overmatched Mike! He's not Revis Mike!"

Let's hope the Pats cleaned up their ST woes. They can't afford another ST blunder with so many starters still out.

This one is going to be rough....
Let's see if the D can hold up.....

I have low expectations for this game with half our team trying to get healthy or out this week. I am however excited to see how SJax looks today.

Imagine it, the Jets fans have all already looked at this game as a win ( it's jets fans come on....) and SJax comes out and starts ripping up some yardage and Pats win. Oh the look on some faces if that happened...

It sucks all these guys are out, but with the Pats in firm control of their destiny of the #1 seed and only need to win one more game, it is smart not to rush back any of these guys.

"Why are we running the ball? Why arent we throwing the ball more?" (while brady is getting hit and sacked on every play)

Feckin Skippy and Feckin Belichick refuse to run the ball and we are averaging more than one yard a Feckin run. We've only scored 24 feckin points and its halftime already. Kraft needs to get rid of Feckin skippy and Feckin Belichick before the ruin this team any more than they have already. Only 9 AFC Championship games and four Lombardi's, it's a fecking disgrace.

It sucks all these guys are out, but with the Pats in firm control of their destiny of the #1 seed and only need to win one more game, it is smart not to rush back any of these guys.

Right, at worst they are the 2 seed and have shown they can go into Denver and play well with their JV team.

Right, at worst they are the 2 seed and have shown they can go into Denver and play well with their JV team.

I still think the worst they will be is 13-3 with the #1 seed. I think the Dolphins have packed it and looking to end the season and wait to see who their next coach will be. I think the Pats' practice squad could beat the Dolphins right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes