PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman, Amendola, McCourty, Chung out against Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayNM

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 5m5 minutes ago
Patriots rule out WRs Danny Amendola and Julian Edelman, and safeties Devin McCourty and Patrick Chung for Sunday's game vs. Jets.

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 1m1 minute ago
Top Patriots WRs: Brandon LaFell, Keshawn Martin, Chris Harper (Who was promoted)
Top Patriots Ss: Duron Harmon, Jordan Richards, Tavon Wilson, Nate Ebner.

----

This will be a very hard game.

On the plus side, even if we lose, we still hold our own destiny. Moreover, If this was a playoff game, I imagine some of them would play.

That's ok, let them heal. Looking for harper to redeem himself.

Also wondering whether Hightower plays.

Still got Gronk and Brady.

Also, Chandler, White, Bolden, even Jackson could play big roles in the passing game as well.

I didn't expect amendola. Those other guys where out. Time for lafell and guys like martin or harper to step up. Gronk will try and do his thing.

In a hostile environment and with the Jets tails up, this is a great opportunity for the depth guys to show us what they have.

Now I am really intrigued by why we waived Hankerson AND Cleveland. Even if they didn't fully grasp the playbook AND Harper was lighting it up on practice, last time we faced the jets, we threw 90% of the time. This time around we're going with 3 WRs (One undrafted rookie), 3 TE (one more of a lineman). Maybe we try a more running heavy approach, maybe we are reeeeaaaally confident in Martin or something...

We'll see... Marshall and Decker are an excellent WR duo, McCourty will be missed. Their TE was also becoming a factor in their passing game in this winning streak (EDIT: Not true, their #3 WR and Powell - RB).

Hoping for the best, still believe in our team and Coaching staff, but I gotta say that I am a little pessimistic now

Last edited:
Now I am really intrigued by why we waived Hankerson AND Cleveland. Even if they didn't fully grasp the playbook AND Harper was lighting it up on practice, last time we faced the jets, we threw 90% of the time. This time around we're going with 3 WRs (One undrafted rookie), 3 TE (one more of a lineman). Maybe we try a more running heavy approach, maybe we are reeeeaaaally confident in Martin or something...

We'll see... Marshall and Decker are an excellent WR duo, McCourty will be missed. Their TE was also becoming a factor in their passing game in this winning streak.

Hoping for the best, still believe in our team and Coaching staff, but I gotta say that I am a little pessimistic now

Agree. We need our defense to play very well tomorrow.

Darn.

I'm convinced this is gonna be a 65-35% run pass game. I know the PATS generally can't/don't choose to run vs good front 7s but it's different tomorrow. I'm also thinking gronkowski plays 15-20 snaps. I think the Pats will be content to run, run & take their chances with 3d & 7 opposed to have Brady pass to a ton w a bunch of receivers who can't get open vs a good defense.
Pretty sure belichick realizes although the #1 seed would be nice he knows its more important to be healthy. And if the cost of being healthy is potentially playing the AFC championship game in Denver v ossweiler or in cin he's OK w that...GO PATS

I'm excited to see the safety play. I expect to see Harmon playing the deep safety. I wonder who plays when there's a second safety. Maybe see some 3 corner/1 safety in base to stop the run when the rats trot out 3 receiver package? Does Wilson come in when they want him covering a tight end and put Richards in when they want the 2nd safety to play more in space?

Belichick brings back the old versions of the 'T' and the 'Power I' formations for one game

... wouldn't that be funny.

Going to be an...... interesting game.

Never underestimate the Jets hability to blow their season in their faces, they are the ones needing to win, this is usually a disaster for them.

Well this is just wrong. Their TEs since Week 9 have 3 receptions for 8 yards
My bad, Enunwa is a WR
Powell is a RB.

We'll see... Marshall and Decker are an excellent WR duo, McCourty will be missed. Their TE was also becoming a factor in their passing game in this winning streak.

Harper Knows the system better than Hankerson
Harper is more in the mold of Edelman/Amendola than Hankerson

The move makes perfect sense, IMO, if you look at Harper as the SWR3 and Hankerson as what would have been the OWR3 (Behind LaFell and Martin).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick