PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SB ring count for each player/coach on the 2017 Pats roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
On an unrelated note, does Philly have anyone left from their 2004 NFC title team?

After a quick skim of their 2004 roster, I believe no player from the 2004 Eagles is still in the NFL. It apppears David Akers was the last one in the league, with his final season being in 2013.

As far as coaches, the only one on that 2004 Eagles team that is still with the team is Ted Williams. He was a running backs coach at the time and their current tight ends coach.

The majority of the 2004 Eagles coaching staff is now with the:

-Chiefs (Andy Reid / Brad Childress / Tommy Brasher / Tom Melvin)
and Bills (Sean McDermott / Juan Castillo / David Culley)

Last edited:
And since the Eagles were mentioned, here are the 7 players on the 2017 Eagles roster that have SB ring(s).

2 Rings
LeGarette Blount ('14 + '16 Patriots)

1 Ring
Corey Smith ('12 Ravens)
Chris Long ('16 Patriots)
Dannell Ellerbe ('12 Ravens)
Malcom Jenkins ('09 Saints)
Torrey Smith ('12 Ravens)
Will Beatty ('11 Giants)

0 Rings
The rest of the roster

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Coaches

1 Ring
Cory Undlin ('04 Pats, that beat the '04 Eagles)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

2017 Eagles active players ring count: 8 (7 players)
2017 Patriots active players ring count: 53 (34 players)

2017 Eagles coaches ring count: 1 (1 coach)
2017 Patriots coaches ring count: 44 (17 coaches)

Last edited:
I can't believe no one, including the OP, noticed that two time Super Bowl champ Marcus Cannon was missing from the list.

The 2001-2004 dynasty had 22 3 ring members, and the 2014-2017 dynasty would have had 22 as well if not for two unforeseen circumstances: Ninkovich retiring and Jimmy getting traded.

I can't believe no one, including the OP, noticed that two time Super Bowl champ Marcus Cannon was missing from the list.

Ah, yes. I decided to include IR players right before I posted so must have omitted on mistake.

Jimmy G is going for his third ring here. That's incredible. That would tie him for fourth all time with Troy Aikman for most Super Bowl rings for a QB, right behind Brady, Bradshaw and Montana.
Kraft would give him one. The Patriots SBXXXVI ring featured on the Pawn Stars opening spiel was given to rookie Brock Williams who never played a down in 2001 but was on the roster.

Brian Hoyer is looking to become the 7th member of "QBs Brady has won rings for" club

Jimmy Garrapolo (2x)
Damon Huard (2x)
Rohan Davey (2x)
Jacoby Brisset
Jim Miller
Drew Bledsoe

He is also looking to become the 7th member of "Active NFL quarterbacks to have a SB ring as a backup/3rd-stringer" club

Jimmy Garrapolo
Jacoby Brisset
Trevor Siemian
Brock Osweiler
Tyrod Taylor
Chase Daniel

He would tie the aforementioned Jim Miller with most other teams played for (6) before wining one with the Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back