PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman, Amendola, McCourty, Chung out against Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of the negative nancy's in the gameday thread must be celebrating, they will have lots to ***** about tomorrow...my prediction:

First Pats offence incompletion: "Well, that's the season, see you next summer"
"Why are we running the ball? Why arent we throwing the ball more?" (while brady is getting hit and sacked on every play)

game thread is going to be brutal tomorrow
True, but unless we maintain a 3 score lead, when isn't it. I blame the Patriots and "newer" fans that don't remember when the Patriots had losing seasons. :D

This will be a good game for the defense to help out the offense (though, I suspect some of our new WRs will surprise us and they'll be just fine). Doesn't mean they win, but I expect it will be better than we would expect.

True, but unless we maintain a 3 score lead, when isn't it. I blame the Patriots and "newer" fans that don't remember when the Patriots had losing seasons. :D
To be fair we all lose it, myself included and I didnt even know what football is until 2000. But there was one guy last yr who said a lot of fatal things and then couldnt find an opportunity to complain after the KC game. Those kind are classic.

This isn't that bad.

We're fielding essentially the same offense we did in Denver, with which we put up 24 points. James White has been playing better since then too.

Defensively, we should be fine. With Hightower playing, their running game shouldn't be a factor. Butler and Ryan will take down New York's Twin Towers (Marshall and Decker.)

I think we're still in good shape for tomorrow.

First, we don't know if Hightower is active or not.

Secondly, taking down New York's Twin Towers is an awful metaphor

Some "newer" fans werent alive when the last time the Pats had a losing season,

if you figure someone starts to follow the NFL at 7-10, anyone under 22-25 doesnt know that pats had a losing season

:)

Some "newer" fans werent alive when the last time the Pats had a losing season,

if you figure someone starts to follow the NFL at 7-10, anyone under 22-25 doesnt know that pats had a losing season

:)
Thanks, you made me feel old :D.

But, it's been a great great run and it's not over.

It took fluky bs and corrupt one sided refs to lose that one.

Ya but remember clete blakeman was assigned to this game so Pats aren't out of the woods there. This is the guy that waved off a penalty that the back judge and everyone had had a clear view that it was 100% a penalty.

pats offense will struggle tomorrow..glad it is not a must win

He needs the reps. He hasn't been tackled in a year.
I completely agree RW. IMHO there are 2 games -- a strikingly small number for guy who hasn't been tackled in 12 months -- for SJ to demonstrate an ability to be a productive member of the Patriots. BB/JM and staff have got to quickly find out what they can and cannot expect from SJ.

I'll be disappointed if we don't see him get at least 6 to 8 handoffs tomorrow and hopefully closer to double next Sunday. If not we go into the AFC Conf round with a starting member (or a guy who is likely to be part of a tangible amount of play calls) we have very little idea what can be expect of. That's simply a bad thing for a team that functions greatly on its ability to be prepared.

I'm convinced this is gonna be a 65-35% run pass game. I know the PATS generally can't/don't choose to run vs good front 7s but it's different tomorrow. I'm also thinking gronkowski plays 15-20 snaps. I think the Pats will be content to run, run & take their chances with 3d & 7 opposed to have Brady pass to a ton w a bunch of receivers who can't get open vs a good defense.
Pretty sure belichick realizes although the #1 seed would be nice he knows its more important to be healthy. And if the cost of being healthy is potentially playing the AFC championship game in Denver v ossweiler or in cin he's OK w that...GO PATS

If they try to run it 65% of the time against the Jets defense, they'll be lucky to put 10 pts on the board all game

Belichick brings back the old versions of the 'T' and the 'Power I' formations for one game

... wouldn't that be funny.

The Jets would annihilate them... I think people are vastly underestimating just how incredibly dominant the Jets defensive line is, especially against the run

Games like these... it reminds me of 2013 when we were all nervous over injuries going into that Baltimore game on the road and then we blew them out 41-7. Sometimes the young players are hungry.

It's going to be such a laugher if the Pats beat the Jets tomorrow with their B-squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes