PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

East-West Shrine Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
W they have Barnes lined up at the Z, but I like him as a possible X. Talk about a cat putting a drive on his back. Good initial step, seems to have some burst to him, nice frame. Nice combo of seperation and frame.

Carter caught with his eyes in the backfield. Lovely throw from Kafka.

Anything yet from this guy? :D

ali-villanueva-p1.jpg

I need to re-watch the recording, but my first impression was favorable for a kid who had been playing tackle all season.

I believe that he played WR this season, and OT the year before. I wasn't impressed with his blocking.

Last edited:
I believe that he played WR this season, and OT the year before. I wasn't impressed with his blocking.

Of course he wasn't impressive. A 6'ohmyeffingod guy can't learn drive blocking in one season, especially if he's bounced around year to year.

He's not explosive enough to play outside, not strong enough to play tackle, so they try him at TE. Homeboy's got bust written all over him.

Last edited:
Of course he wasn't impressive. A 6'ohmyeffingod guy can't learn drive blocking in one season, especially if he's bounced around year to year.

He's not explosive enough to play outside, not strong enough to play tackle, so they try him at TE. Homeboy's got bust written all over him.

Exactly. He's tall. That's all there is there folks.

Yes sir. Amazing how easily enamored both college coaches and fans are by height, isn't it?

Btw, I dig your site, dude. We should talk about looking at some tape together.

Actually, he's got more than tall. He's very tall.

6'8" Jimmy Graham will be playing in the Senior Bowl coming up this week. It will be interesting to compare the two prospects. From what little I've seen and heard, Graham is a legitimate red zone threat with good athleticism and a lot of upside - i.e., he's more than just "tall".

I sent an e-mail to the player personnel man on the Shrine Committee complaining about the lack of a numerical roster and asking for them to update the web site so I can re-watch the game with a line-up. Truly annoying.

Just did the same thing. Also mentioned that this has been one of the worst game broadcasts I've ever seen - camera work as well as the largely irrelevant Todd McShay Show in the booth.

See any potential Cassel/Hoyer types, Box?
Kafka reminds me of a poor man's Chad Pennington. Levi Brown had a good bowl game against Central Michigan and Ochmed likes him. Matt Nichols of Eastern Washington looked sharp in limited action. I thought Chris Todd of Auburn looked interesting in their bowl game. What any of them could do in a pro offense with NFL coaches... :confused2:

Kafka reminds me of a poor man's Chad Pennington. Levi Brown had a good bowl game against Central Michigan and Ochmed likes him. Matt Nichols of Eastern Washington looked sharp in limited action. I thought Chris Todd of Auburn looked interesting in their bowl game. What any of them could do in a pro offense with NFL coaches... :confused2:

I know the announcers were bad mouthing his attitued etc, but Skelton looked like he had a very quick release, strong arm and some mobility. Worth a 7th rounder in my book.

I know the announcers were bad mouthing his attitued etc, but Skelton looked like he had a very quick release, strong arm and some mobility. Worth a 7th rounder in my book.

Unfortunately he has no accuracy at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back