PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

East-West Shrine Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
The TE getting the best reviews from multiple observers is Andrew Quarless (6'4", 248, Penn State, 33.8" arms, 10" hands, projected 4.74 forty).

"Surprisingly fluid and graceful; makes good adjustments to the situation and to the throw; explosive off the line, deceptively fast; smooth route-runner, consistently open for hot read, very good hands, shields catch from defenders well; aggressive blocker, breaks off his own route properly to block for another receiver." (Compiled quotes).

By contrast, Villanueva is said to be slow with suspect hands. OTOH, it would be hilarious to watch a 5'9", 177# CB try to cover (or tackle!) a guy 6'9", 277#. It would be some epic fail for the defense to even accidentally match up that way, but still.

Quarless was originally projected to the 7th round, now maybe up to 5th round. Could be even higher after the game.

As a PSU fan I've always been intrigued by Quarless. He was highly touted coming to PSU and has shown flashes that he could be exceptional player, but was in JoePa's dog house until this past season. The first year I think he had two DUI's and the second year I think he was caught smoking pot. This year he really seemed to be Clark's goto receiver and always made the clutch catch. I think since most of his troubles are behind him that he could potentially be a great find in the later rounds in this years draft.

Another later round prospect I would like to plug is Josh Hull. He was originally a walk on and saw a lot of time last year (08) after Sean Lee's ACL injury. He did seem out of place in 2008, but got better and better with each game. To me he looked like the best PSU defender in the Rose Bowl against USC. In 2009 he led the team in tackles with 117 and looked to be an excellent run stopper. I talked to his Dad yesterday and his agent believes that he will be drafted between the 4th and the 7th round. He will be playing in the Texas vs The Nation game. He is a hard working kid that knows if he doesn't work hard now that he will be out of the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back