PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eagles trade DT Isaac Sopoaga to Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure if they keep him, they will redo his deal. I still think Big Vince may have played his last down with the Pats and Sopoaga may be a stop gap between him and his eventual replacement.

I fear you may be right. But I can see Vince doing an extension and cementing his legacy here. Although he will probably be able to get a huge contract on the open market. I can see a team like Baltimore signing him for 6m. Vince and Ngata. Scary thought.

Sweet, they fill a need at a low cost. Got to love this move. Sopoaga helps the run D and Chris Jones can focus on the old Mike Wright role.

Nice. There's the run-stopping DT we needed.

Glad the Pats have made a move and are trying to shore up the middle of the D.

What's his cap for next year? Seems the eagles board is saying 3.5m. So half year rental?

edit: opps. 3.75m next year. No way we'll pay that.

3.75 MM 2014
3.5 MM 2015

Both not (fully) guaranteed. Tommy Kelly is 1.95 MM 2014.

Like the move. Fills a need. The plus is that Hooman will have one of the "bro" on the team.

There was something in the dumpster after all... one leftover ham sandwich for another as well. how about that?

Not surprising, you didn't know who aquib Talib was and consider fourth round picks "ham sandwiches," so it shouldn't surprise anyone at all that you have no idea who Sopoaga is..

The 3-4 looks could be interesting when Kelly comes back: Kelly- Sopoaga- Vallone with Chandler Jones at OLB?

Eagles traded Isaac Sopoaga to Patriots

We get Sopoaga for slipping down roughly 10 picks (hopefully), from late in the 5th round to somewhat high in the 6th round.

What is not to like, even if it's an 11 or 12 game rental?

Fixed that for you :cool:

I was on the get a DT bandwagon so I'm happy with the move and the cost.

they needed a big body up front...and they got one....good job FO

We get Sopoaga for slipping down roughly 10 picks (hopefully), from late in the 5th round to somewhat high in the 6th round.

What is not to like, even if it's an 8 game rental?

Uh, yeah, when a team unloads a player to move up 10 to 15 spots, he must be a real gem.

Not surprising, you didn't know who aquib Talib was and consider fourth round picks "ham sandwiches," so it shouldn't surprise anyone at all that you have no idea who Sopoaga is..

LOL.... perspective, my man, perspective. Try it sometime.

Like the move. There's no downside. Let's face it, there aren't any stud DT's that teams are willingly and ready to move. This is a good depth pick up that alleviates some of the pressure off of Jones and Vellano. When Kelly returns there's a good blend of vet/younger players. Now the team can focus on fixing the LB issue.

Like the move. There's no downside. Let's face it, there aren't any stud DT's that teams are willingly and ready to move. This is a good depth pick up that alleviates some of the pressure off of Jones and Vellano. When Kelly returns there's a good blend of vet/younger players. Now the team can focus on fixing the LB issue.

Depth? Sopoaga should be starting, especially on run downs. One of Vellano or Jones (both when Kelly returns) will be the depth.

So we have 4 6th rounders now?

Uh, yeah, when a team unloads a player to move up 10 to 15 spots, he must be a real gem.

The same could be said about 4th and 5th round picks and the Pats have picked up great players for those types of deals. They've also bombed out on others as well. Not saying this will work out but the compensation has little to do with it. What he did in Philly is irrelevant the key is how they use him here and how he responds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe