PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dynasty: How Spoiled Are We :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will tell you who are spoiled are the female fans of the Patriots…

Patriots
tom-brady-details-magazine-photos-08112009-04.jpg

20140509__DraftBreaking0509~p1_300.jpg

Colts

peyton-eat.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

To really appreciate it, you have to get outside the New England area. I am a native Bostonian who moved to Philly for work 30 years ago but would walk over hot coals barefoot before I'd give up my Pats. Among Eagles fans, there is much grudging respect and dare I say jealousy for the Pats success. The owner Jeffrey Lurie is a native Bostonian who had hoped to buy the Patriots when Mr. Kraft purchased the team so he got the Eagles. They have tried to model themselves after the Pats and freely admit it...
A perfect example is when the Patriots and Eagles played a pre-season game several years ago in Philly. I've posted this before so forgive me if you've read it before. JE returned a punt for a touchdown and the guy seated in front of me turned around ( we're in Pats jerseys) and asked " where do you find these guys?" He just shook his head when I said he was a college QB and 7th round pick. That was the game where Edelman repeatedly had to show Joey Galloway where to line up and I knew Galloway wasn't long for the team....
When they played here two years ago in pre-season Mr. Kraft came out to sign autographs and it was like a pop star with everyone crowding in to ask for one. More than a few Eagles fans asked, " why can't we get an owner like that?" and Lurie runs the team pretty well all things considered. It's not an Oakland, or Cleveland but it's not run like Foxboro....

That must of been one of the most exciting seasons ever. From Mike Haynes in the opening game against Cleveland celebrating early at the 5 on the punt return like he was Desean Jackson, getting hit and fumbled. Stingley recovered. Beating the Steelers at Pittsburgh and destroying the Raiders at Oakland. I can see why fans loved that team and their chances.
That game would have been a signature win similar to the snowbowl game. It would have been a key franchise win that was hijacked from the refs and basically had a reverse effect. As much as Raider fans complain about the tuck rule. That was an accurate call. The '76 call was just one of the worst calls in sports period.
By the way old Pats fans have real hate for the Raiders, nothing bad enough can happen to them or that franchise. Crippling and eventually killing players during preseason games after the plays are over.

Last edited:
I love how other fans argue with me..what have you won since spygate....people are so ******* stupid

I love how other fans argue with me..what have you won since spygate....people are so ******* stupid

Patriots haven't won a Superbowl since the media invented a buzzword designed to elicit an emotional reaction from simpletons.

Seems like a legit argument.:rolleyes:

Patriots haven't won a Superbowl since the media invented a buzzword designed to elicit an emotional reaction from simpletons.

Seems like a legit argument.:rolleyes:

I don't think those people actually know the pats went to 2 SBs AFTER spygate and lost on basically 2 plays...again...very stupid people

It is stupid on so many levels.

The Pats were already 3 years removed from their last SB win when Spygate occurred.

If the Pats won by cheating what happened to them from 2005-2006?

We're they not cheating then?

I don't think those people actually know the pats went to 2 SBs AFTER spygate and lost on basically 2 plays...again...very stupid people

They're not trying to argue any legitimate point and the smarter ones who do it, know it. They're simply trying to drop the Patriots down a notch.

People who ramble about the Patriots being "cheaters" are low IQ morons, they're bitter as hell, and the best retort is to simply inform them that they're bottom of the gene pool morons, rather than defend the Patriots 14 years of golden standard success which is oh' so easy

Only the really really dumb ones are holding onto "Spygate" as an actual thing. Of course, if we win a ring this year, every "I watch a playoff game when my team is in it" type of fan will be howling about that...

I used to allow myself to get bogged down in semantics with these people, and playing their game, which is arguing cherry picked stats and other such nonsense.

Now I just call them out as morons and attack them as the kind of idiotic football fans who DVR Monday Night Football so they can watch WWE Wrestling.

I've found it works a lot better, and they shut up a lot sooner.

Attack, attack, attack.

They're not trying to argue any legitimate point and the smarter ones who do it, know it. They're simply trying to drop the Patriots down a notch.

People who ramble about the Patriots being "cheaters" are low IQ morons, they're bitter as hell, and the best retort is to simply inform them that they're bottom of the gene pool morons, rather than defend the Patriots 14 years of golden standard success which is oh' so easy

Mostly known as Rats and Steelers fans.

Everyone knows those two plays would not have occurred if the Pats were not still cheating.

Or if they WERE still cheating then that is the football gods' way of denying the Pats a victory

Those two plays HAD to happen.

Spybabies are essentially attempting to argue that the Patriots won Superbowls by having a tin-foil hate sideline operation that involved calling rock, paper, scissors, in real time, during an NFL football game, which all 53 players were prepared for, every 30 seconds.

Break their argument down to what it actually is, then make THEM defend it.

Deny them the ability to just say "Spygate," and they quickly retreat back into their troll holes, looking like complete Effing idiots.

Last edited:
Spybabies are essentially attempting to argue that the Patriots won Superbowls by having a tin-foil hate sideline operation that involved calling rock, paper, scissors, in real time, during an NFL football game, which all 53 players were prepared for, every 30 seconds.

Break their argument down to what it actually is, and deny them the ability to just say "Spygate," and they quickly retreat back into their troll holes, looking like complete Effing idiots.

In all seriousness I think Rats fans are the prime motivating force behind the whole Spygate meme. It is no coincidence that it was the Rats who turned the Pats in to the league.

They think 18-1 is an insult when they throw it at Pats fans, when the truth is that it is probably the greatest season any team has ever had, and incomprehensively above anything the Rats have accomplished.

Now Spygate is used as the Rats fans buffer against the madness that would engulf them if they were forced to look in the mirror and admit how pathetic their franchise is, and how unquestionably great the Pats under Brady and BB has been.

Rats fans will claim that the Pats only won by cheating, and now that they have continued winning after Spygate, they must still be cheating somehow even if they can't explain how.

They have no rational answers and their inflated, entitled, and unwarranted NY egos can't accept reality.

Last edited:
I have been a fan since 1991. Not as long as some of you but still saw a few lean years before Bledsoe and a couple of them when he played here. I will admit that I was his biggest supporter and even after 01 didn't believe in Brady fully and didn't like the fact that Bledsoe lost his job because of injury. Well I am glad I was so wrong and this has been such a wonderful 14 years, I couldn't have asked for more. One day it will end but I hope that doesn't come for a few more years. I appreciate the Patriots so much as I look around the league and see how quickly things can change and am so glad I root for a team that has been so consistent !

Were they not cheating then?

Nah, they were still cheating, but the Patriots are so pathetic they couldn't even win while they cheated.:rolleyes:

They'll never bring up the Broncos cheating the cap or the fact that two retired Super Bowl winning coaches admits to doing the same thing, and one of the coaches even told the fans of his former team to get over it. It's pure jealousy and it's the only argument they have because besides winning a Superbowl since spygate we're always in the fight.

im sick of hearing that **** tbh. what about the broncos who havent won since they cheated the cap?..or teams like the 49ers/raiders who haven't won in decades. idk that narrative only applies to brady/BB.
farve won one sb, played 20 years won nothing else...

we have to win this year to shut the haters up one and for all.:D

They think 18-1 is an insult when they throw it at Pats fans, when the truth is that it is probably the greatest season any team has ever had, .............
Sorry I'm as much of a homer as anybody but the '84 SF team or '85 Bears both went 18-1 also but they got the ring at the end so........................that has to rank higher

Freaking Tyree.

I was a little young for that 76 season but I'm a huge historian. Just looking at the stats and games of that season always has fascinated me.

As a team they rushed for 2,957 yards. I can't even fathom that. Just looking through the game logs it seemed like they ran for 200+ a game.

That must of been one of the most exciting seasons ever. From Mike Haynes in the opening game against Cleveland celebrating early at the 5 on the punt return like he was Desean Jackson, getting hit and fumbled. Stingley recovered. Beating the Steelers at Pittsburgh and destroying the Raiders at Oakland. I can see why fans loved that team and their chances.

Hannah was incredible. You'll notice they never had a star running back (cunningham was not IMO) they just ran a bunch of decent running back behind Hannah and piled it up.

In those days, we had no internet and very few specialized sports shows, so you caugh plays one time if you were lucky enough to get the game. anyway, they did do a special on Hannah once, so I dug in to see what made him special (who could home in on the line in those days of limited camera angles, maybe before instant replay (not sure)).

So they show, also in slo mo, hannah pulling to the right lining up one defender drifting right with him, as another pulls up to go to his left, behind his path. As i wonder which defender he'll choose to block, he slows lightly and dips his shoulder towards the one ahead of his path while the other pursues, gets them both lined up and boom, takes them both out one on each elbow, and decleats them like a cartoon. The running back was so shocked to suddenly have only roadkill, he almost tripped and fell down.

Somethings have to be seen to be believed, but i never had to see Hannah make a play to know what he did for a running game after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes