Welcome to PatsFans.com

Dumb Steelers Fan

Discussion in 'Visiting Locker Room' started by #1PatsFanFromNYC, Dec 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1PatsFanFromNYC

#1PatsFanFromNYC Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hey Guys I was just at steeleraddicts.com...check out what this guy by the name of "Ohio Steeler" had to say about the game this Sun...."you guys won yes however you really did not look that good, we could have won this game and should have, we just beat our self's..":bricks:

Ur right "OhioSteeler" We didn't look that good we should've & could've beat U guys by 6 TD instead of 3... DAMN CAN GUYS U BELIEVE IT???...WHAT THE THE HELL IS WRONG WITH BRADY???....ONLY 399 YDS VS. THE TERRIBLE STEELERS D...I THINK HE JUST HAD A BAD GAME...HE BETTER GET HIS ACT TOGETHER THIS WEEK CAUSE WE ARE PLAYING THE JETS (WHO WE ALL KNOW ARE BETTER THAN THE STEELERS OF COURSE)...THEY ALREADY PROVED THAT IN WEEK 10...SO IF BRADY PLAYS LIKE THAT VS. A BETTER TEAM LIKE THE JETS...THEN THEY'LL RUN UP THE SCORE ON US...:D
  2. fnordcircle

fnordcircle tfw not enough helmets PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 2 / -4

I wish that there was just a stickied 'post stupid things fans from other websites say' thread so we wouldn't get a new thread like this every 6 hours.
  3. Mike the Brit

Mike the Brit Minuteman Target PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +18 / 1 / -0

That's a good idea. Add another one for "stupid media articles that attack the Patriots" and perhaps another one for "Peyton Manning" ...
  4. Phokus

Phokus Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

We could just post a permanent link to SAS and point out all the stupid stuff that's been said about the Pats has already been said over there :D
  5. patpatriot

patpatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Who cars what the pillaged and bloodied have to say about their experience. They had their shot..everyone can see where it got them. Time now to find an appropriate way to both humiliate the Jets and a certain Mr Goodell...
  6. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 1 / -0

The River of Denial apparently runs through 3 Rivers Stadium. :p
  7. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

"Dumb Steelers Fan"

That's redundant.
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2007
  8. l8nite

l8nite Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

?????????????? I thought they tore Three Rivers down...... :)
  9. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

I've posted this before,I use to live in Pittsburgh from 90-92, so I was around for a couple of seasons there. The Steelers never lose,according to them and the station the puts on the post game show wkda? The other team never gets any credit. Its always the steelers came out flat,we beat ourselves, the better team didn't win, we just didn't play well etc,etc,etc. I saw the "Immaculate Reception" live back in '72 ( live on tv ) and became a quasi Steelers fan. If the Pats were out of the playoffs I'd root for the Steelers, so it wasn't that hard watching them every week down in Pitt.But the team wasn't very good and the excuses flowed like the Ohio river when ever they lost. Which was often, so things haven't changed its always the same refrain. "The other team didn't beat us, we beat ourselves." :confused:
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2007
  10. JimmyCrackCorn

JimmyCrackCorn Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I lived in Philly from 97-01, so I am not ignorant to other NFL city fan bases. There is probably some truth to your observations about "we beat ourselves" etc. At the same time, after observing Philly fans, I will take the Pittsburgh optimism anyday. The radio shows there were a blood bath daily. I actually heard a guy call into the Ray Rhodes radio show (true story) and ask Rhodes on live radio when he was going to quit so they could get a white coach. I was driving home from work and also crashed I was laughing so hard at the true nature of Philly fans. Some fans love to hate on their teams (Philly) and some like to love on them (pitt). I would compare Philly fans to a brother relationship with their teams. They will beat their brothers butt anytime they wish and woop it bad, but if anyone else tries to hurt their brother, they want blood. Every fan base has their personality. While you may think Pitt fans are this way or that, the PERCEPTION is that Pats fans would much prefer a Sox game instead to a football game anyday.

The pats may very well be the best team in 2007. They may go undefeated. That doesn't mean I have to wave the white flag before the dance is over.
  11. thewarden86

thewarden86 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I lived in Cape Cod from 1999 to 2003 and I knew ONE Patriots fan before January 2002. ONE!
  12. patriotspride

patriotspride Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

thats because you didnt have any friends and you spent all your time at cub scout meetings lmao .
  13. Tommysgirl

Tommysgirl Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Warden, I really don't know how that's possible. I realize that there have been a bunch of wagon jumpers, but that is impossible. 1 fan during the Bledsoe years?? No way.
  14. thewarden86

thewarden86 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's true. After they won the SB I saw them everywhere. Maybe not all bandwagoneers but definitely fair weather fans. One guy in particular was a Die Hard Bronco's fan (1999). I know get "BB's FU Road Show" emails from him.
  15. Tommysgirl

Tommysgirl Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Well, he's an asstrout. Maybe because you were in the military and they weren't native? I don't know, I've lived here my whole life and everyone I know has always loved them, long before Brady.
  16. thewarden86

thewarden86 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Dunno. Maybe they were more subtle then. Now, that didn't prevent the gate guard from looking at the NYY duffle in my back seat and (before allowing me to proceed home) noting to me that the "Yankees Suck."

BTW - What exactly is an ...(lol)... "asstrout?"
  17. Tommysgirl

Tommysgirl Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Don't know what it is, saw it once and thought it was funny, so now I'm a plagarist.

Hold on, not only are you a Steeler fan, but you're a Yankees fan? How many times do you need to shower a day?
  18. thewarden86

thewarden86 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Born and raised in NJ / product of the 70's. It's to be expected I guess. Shower? Excuse me, but from one who's been spoiled herself lately I think you can concede that I've probably had a pretty happy life as a sports fan.
  19. Tommysgirl

Tommysgirl Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Did a lot sufferring, reaping the rewards now. I literally did a cartwheel today when the Clemens news broke. I HATE him, I HATE the Yankees.

Why aren't you Giants or Rats fan? Don't tell me you jumped on the Steelers wagon in the 70s? Tsk Tsk
  20. thewarden86

thewarden86 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Personally I don't think any of that report really means anything.

My father is a HUGE Giants fan. I actually take him to a game about once per year. Before NFL sunday ticket and all that I used to watch every Giants game with him. I grew up on LT (the original), Phil Simms, Mark Bavaro and Co. I know a lot about the Giants and I cheer for them, but...
    Someone bought me a Steelers jacket back in like 1975. I was a kid and they've been my team ever since. When I was about that same age, again, living in NJ there was no other team besides the Yankees. I actually never "hated" the Red Sox until all the BS I had to hear when I lived in Cape Cod. I got the last laugh though pretty much the whole time I was there. I'm not one of those "Yankees in your face" kind of fans. I repsect the Sox and the rivalry. I love Boston and I love Fenway (historically anyway).And that's about it.
  21. Tommysgirl

Tommysgirl Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

And your father didn't smack you around for not continuing the Giants tradition? LOL. LT is not the original, he is the only. Crybaby is the other one.
    My younger brother is a die hard "in your face Yankee fan". My life has become much more enjoyable.
    Fenway rocks. I go to 1 Angels game a year, it's like staying at the Four Seasons being in that Stadium compared to Fenway, but, it's not the same.
  22. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

That is a funny story JCC. And I no what you mean about the Sox sickness. I lived for a time near the Boston area and thats what I call it a sickness. I'm not one of those Red Sox worshipers. I'd much rather watch football,like I know the good people of Pittsburgh would.
    When I wrote that I wasn't trying to denigrate the people of pittsburgh or Steeler fans. Pitt was like a second home to me I loved living there. The people were great,but I had to get use to them being so freindly. The first time I left my appartment someone in the parking lot said Hi nice day huh, and the first thing that came to my mind ws "OK what do you want? Money,you want to sell me something etc.because up here when someone you don't know is that freindly they usually want something. And coming to think that way is pretty sad..
  23. thewarden86

thewarden86 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Wait, are you in California?

My Dad is a ball buster about anything FB. I get mad when he doesn't pick the Steelers in his pool, but everytime he does pick 'em they lose. He complains that he "picked my precious steelers and lost the pool by one game." So I tell him he's bad luck and not to pick them anymore. It's a cycle that seems to have lasted years.

He likes the Patriots too (followed players that followed Parcells). He talked to Pepper Johnson ? I think in the P-Lot at Foxboro one time because he noticed my Dad's NY Giants SB champs jacket (personally I think it's tacky but...). That's one of his favorite stories. I've taken him and my little brother to training camp, met most of the team (including John Fox and Sean Payton).

Fenway kind of blew me away. At the time there was a lot of talk about a new Ball Park in Boston. I remember feeling like, "they can't touch this place." And if they did they would AT LEAST need to duplicate the facade in the new place with the original Fenway bricks. Another thing I'll not soon forget is that the game was against the D-Rays. Sawx are losing 3-0 in the 5th. Yanks are out west somewhere, but still..., there was the chant: "Yankees Suck. Yankees Suck." Pretty funny stuff.

BTW - That "asstrout" we were discussing before? He's from Cali. Last I heard he was an Angels fan. I'll have to check to see if that's still the case.

So if you are in CA. How are you tied to Boston?
  24. thewarden86

thewarden86 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Since JCC mentioned "Pittsburgh Optimism..." and you have ties to Pittsburgh, does anyone remember that a Steelers fan attempted to drive a car into Three Rivers Stadium so he could run over Mark Malone?
    We've come along way since then. lol.
  25. Tommysgirl

Tommysgirl Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

No, I live in MA. My older brother lives in Laguna in Cali. I go visit once a year and we always go to a ball game. He's been lucky this year out there, went to the Pats playoff game in SD, then went to the Sox games in Anaheim and SD this year.
    He says it's funny going to the games and after with SD fans. They think they're good fans, but they are idiots. They have no idea what being a fan is. After one of the baseball games this year he went to the Gas district downtown and felt like he was back in Boston. All Sox fans there going crazy while the Padre fans were planning their next plastic surgery.
    • Like Like x 1
  26. thewarden86

thewarden86 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah, I read that there's a HUGE Sox bar out there somewhere...Hmmm. Can't remember where though. That's cool that you get to visit Cali once per year. It's nice to get away from that East Coast Hustle/Bustle once in a while.

Well, as you probably know the roads are crappy tonight. I am 45 miles from home and think it's about time to get movin'. Have yourself a good night.

-TW86
  27. JimmyCrackCorn

JimmyCrackCorn Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Where did you live in Pittsburgh? I live in Shadyside now but grew up in Penn Hills. The Pittsburgh attitudes can vary a bit depending on where you live. In the suburbs peopel tend to be a bit more trusting. Where I live in the city is probably a bit more typical and suspisious. Shadyside is pretty transient with the colleges and medical facilities so close by; however, I live it. Penn Hills is to this day like a time warp to the 80's. Area has eroded over time and most likely will continue to do so.

In truth I wasn't a HUGE Steeler fan until I left town. I always liekd the Steelers, but I really got into them after college when I lived in Philly. Like many who left Pittsburgh, The Steelers became my link to home. Obviously, it's this kind of thing that has created Pittsburgh huge fan base for away games. I always caught Steeler games when they played in Philly. Saw them at the vet and at the Linc. The Vet was something to behold. I truly had an uneasy feeling there. There is semi-dangerous, and then there is keep your head on a swivel dangerous. Philly is a rough town. People there are hardened by life, and have had expeiences I just can't relate to. By that I mean people who grew up in South Philly etc. Those who grew up in the Philly suburbs are just like everyone else.

I think the Pats have something going this year. I still hate them though. It just frustrates the hell out of me the way they beat us with scheme so consistently. I hoped we could reverse that with the departure of Cowher, but that remains to be seen. I'm not saying we always the physical battkle, but we are much closer on that front than on the scheme front. Honestly, I like Welker, Seymore, Vrable, and Thomas. I respect Brady but like to see him fail. I appologize in advance for my honesty but I can't stand Harrison, Bruschi, and Bilecheck. Similar to your hate of Ward, Bettis, and Porter. I can certainly understand the POrter thing. I liked POrter when he was at the top of his game, but his mouth has grown as his play has dropped, and his act got old with me years ago. He started to slip about 3 years ago. Even in the superbowl run, most of his sacks were scheme sacks. I didn;t mind him running his mouth going into the superbowl however because it defelected attention from some of our key young players.

My honest prediction for Pittsburgh this year is to make the playoffs, win one game, and lose in the second round. At the same time, I still thjink there is an outside possibility that we get on a roll in the last 3 games and make a run at this thing. We have shown moments where we are clicking, but we never seem to get it all together simultaneously. We'll see. JAX will be difficult.
  28. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

No,but I remember a taxi drive running someone over,then backing up running him over again. He then got out of the taxi and started to hit the guy in the head with a ballpean hammer. (After a Steeler loss. :D) Really it had something to so with the guy bailing out on paying his cab fare.
  29. Tommysgirl

Tommysgirl Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Hey, Crackhead, why don't you like Bruschi? I understand BB and Rodney, but I can't comprehend Tedy.
  30. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

JCC, I lived in Westview, I moved to Pittsburgh to go to school. I worked at a few places for ex. Dominoes on Ohio River Boulivard, its not there anymore,at least I don't think so it closed and I got laid off? If I'm right Shadyside is west of downtown,and ORB runs through it I think. Nice little town,the whole area is nice it reminded me of were I grew up, it had the same feel,especially many parts of ORB. I went to school with someone from Penn Hills. Anyways again I remember after visiting up here, I'd get off RT. 80,Take Rt.25 cut through the Alleghany national forest and end up in the East end of town and it felt like I was Home. For anyone who has heard of UTZ potato chips UTZ is on Rt 25 for what ever its worth.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.