PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Drew Bledsoe Appreciation Thread (merged: Beldsoe to Hall of Fame)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Drew Bledsoe Appreciation Thread

I too remain a big Drew fan. He came along at a time when it became very difficult to follow NFL in the UK as attention and coverage was steadily dwindling and at a time when losing interest in the Pats was easily done from 3000 miles away.

To me he brought the franchise hope, rekindled my love affair with it all and brought us a Superbowl appearance (not single-handedly of course).

I just wish him well and hope that if he wants to keep playing he can find a team that can keep him upright and healthy.

I guess that more than a few of the poster here don't, can't, or won't remember how dark things were in Patriot Nation before Drew was drafted here.

He brought back excitement and pride back to the franchise. Yes, I know that the Tuna had something to do that but he totally disgraced himself BEFORE he left.

So, I hope that when Drew retires he is brought back to the PAtriots and #11 is retired and he get a tremendous tribute at Gillette.

Patjew said:
The Pats used to lose almost all close games where clutch play was needed.

Now we win them all.

I understand why it seems this way, and I understand that we win WAY more close games now, but "the pats used to lose almost all close games where clutch play was needed" is way overblown. The guy didn't constantly choke at all. There were sure some big mistakes, but there were also a lot of big plays, broken finger and otherwise. "Almost all" is a myth.

I definitely think the SB loss was on Parcells. That could have really been Drew's moment, but Parcell's circus just swallowed everything up.

it seems like bledsoe when he starts on a new team he is initially very good but after two seasons and teams see him a 2nd or 3rd time around they catch up to him and he doesn't make adjustments. after 2 or 3 seasons he becomes very subpar.

i see him moving on next year and initially he will be very good. i bet he goes to the raiders.

Since the drafting of Drew, I can count on one hand the number of games I have not watched. He made me a football fan. Drew gave us so many great memories. The game vs Minnesotta was a great one (70 passes!). He single handedly won so many games. In 95 when he went down with a shoulder injury, the team floundered. He came back in 96 and the team went to the Super Bowl. Yes, four int's did not help but neither did abandoning the running game, the special teams, and the blocking. He took the team back to the playoffs two more times. The Patriots finished below 500 only two times with him as a starter and one of those years was when he was out. The other was BB's first year. Have his skills declined? Yes. But he is also one of the most prolific passers in NFL history and hopefully he will be worried for that instead of for the gut-wrenching int's.

Thank you Drew. You are part of the Patriots' rise to the top of the league and hopefully you get one more chance to go out on top.

Look I love Drew too, and disappointed he is not getting a fair shake in Dallas, and plus he got screwed in Buffalo.. But he was great 93-97, but he did not work on his game.. and was worried about other things... Drew was great for those early years, but we moved on, and so has buffalo and it looks like so has Dallas...

Bledsoe definately makes the Hall of Fame.....

I really feel that statswise, there is no way Bledsoe DOESN'T make the Hall of Fame. Regardless of how many teams he played for, or the fact that he has never won a Super Bowl (neither did Fouts or Marino), his stats are undeniable. He is in the top 20 in virtually every category. I see him being a Vinny Testaverde type of player from now on, if he decides to continue, but his stats are very comparable to Dan Fouts and Jim Kelly, guys who are in there, and have never won the big game.

Re: Bledsoe definately makes the Hall of Fame.....

seriously, you kidding, right?

Attachments

• crack.jpg
    crack.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 108

CrazyDave said:
seriously, you kidding, right?

Someone call Ricola?

All you need to know: the average passer rating in the NFL is 79.2 (conceptually speaking; practically speaking, it's something like 78.9). Bledsoe's CAREER passer rating is 77.1. Which, by definition, makes him a below average NFL passer.

scott99 said:
I really feel that statswise, there is no way Bledsoe DOESN'T make the Hall of Fame. Regardless of how many teams he played for, or the fact that he has never won a Super Bowl (neither did Fouts or Marino), his stats are undeniable. He is in the top 20 in virtually every category. I see him being a Vinny Testaverde type of player from now on, if he decides to continue, but his stats are very comparable to Dan Fouts and Jim Kelly, guys who are in there, and have never won the big game.

I thought he was part of the 2001 SB pats.
Kraft gave a ring to the russian Premier,pretty sure he gave one to bledsoe;)

Last edited:

Sean Pa Patriot said:
Look I love Drew too, and disappointed he is not getting a fair shake in Dallas, and plus he got screwed in Buffalo.. But he was great 93-97, but he did not work on his game.. and was worried about other things... Drew was great for those early years, but we moved on, and so has buffalo and it looks like so has Dallas...

Too bad Drew hasn't - - judging from his comments re: BB at his press conference yesterday.

Murphys95 said:
Nice gesture, it adds balance to some of the "player hatin'" posts that have been going around here. Drew did well by New England, I wish him well.

I also agree with you about the Cowboys. Bledsoe is just a symptom of a diseased Dallas franchise. Jones, Parcells, and Owens have created one heck of a virus down there, and it's becoming contagious.

....psst, and it's Mo Lewis.

The virus is Jones and will continue to be as long as he owns the team (which his ego suggests will be along time).

BP and TO are merely symptoms that would clear up once the virus is cured.

I really feel for Dallas fans, no football fan deserves Jerry Jones as an owner.

Thank God we have Kraft, who learned his lesson after the disastrous results of his earlier meddling.

Bella*chick said:
Oh my God.

Until this very second, I totally didn't get what Mo's screenname was referring to.

Talk about sloooooow!!!

...and your screen name merely suggests you are an attractive lady?

The Gr8est said:
...and your screen name merely suggests you are an attractive lady?

Heh. Yeah, well, I wouldn't ordinarily call myself something so vain, but you know, the double meaning of the name was too funny not to use.:p

Man I loved Drew. I loved watching games where he had to throw the ball 40, 50, or even 70! (wasn't he 45-70 in an OT game against Minnesota or am I crazy?) times.

I remember that year where the team started something like 1-11 and they won the final 4 games, the last one I believe a shootout against Miami. I can see the image of a game-winning bomb and I wonder if it actually happened that way or if my brain is just misfiring. Anyway, that excitement was refreshing.

I loved the Drew vs Marino shootouts.

All of this said, I like winning more.

I hope he retires, as he doesn't seem willing to be the back-up that he has become.

And no, no Hall of Fame for Drew. I'm just glad that he got a ring and that, because of the Steelers game, he can feel like he did something to earn it.

TomBrady'sGoat said:
I remember that year where the team started something like 1-11 and they won the final 4 games, the last one I believe a shootout against Miami. I can see the image of a game-winning bomb and I wonder if it actually happened that way or if my brain is just misfiring. Anyway, that excitement was refreshing.

No, it was pretty much as you're remembering it. A spectacular throw to win in OT and I believe knock Miami out of playoff contention.

It WAS exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back