PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Drew Bledsoe Appreciation Thread (merged: Beldsoe to Hall of Fame)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots4Ever

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
There are some that think he is washed up,cant get rid of the ball quick enough.Doesnt do as well as he used to picking apart defensive schemes.The guy is getting old,and has taken more sacks then is fair for any QB.I think Parcells is making the WRONG move.I couldnt stand the guy when he was here with us.But i think JJ and Himself make great company.Both jerks.However,on this Note.I have always admired him as a person as well as a player.If He does get the opportunity to play again for either the Cowgirls or another team I will definately Cheer him on as I always have.He hasn't been the same since that Devastating hit By Bryan Cox.I may catch some heat for this thread.But im willing to take it.As the case is.Bledsoe was a VITAL part of this team for what? 7 years? In which we had some good years and some Bad.I think ultimately Pete Carrol helped Bledsoe End his career here.I dont put the blame on Brady or BB at all.Carrol was an Idiot...Oh well..I just hope he sticks around for a bit longer.Dont think I am ready to see him Retire Just yet.

Re: Drew Bledsoe Appreciation Thread

It's funny b/c initially when they drafted Drew I remember being PO.ed b/c I wanted Mirer (whoops) - I was a kid and a huge Notre Dame fan. So initially, I resented Drew, but I really grew to like the guy a lot. He became my favorite Patriot, besides maybe Troy Brown. I have nothing but fond memories of the guy, I don't know why people have to bash on him.

Last edited:

personally i loved Drew also if i realized that with him at the helm we would have never won a Super Bowl

still i loved him as i said many times

he was our qb, he resurrected a franchise that was at the bottom, he created hopes, with him we arrived to a Super Bowl too against GB (lost).

i respect him and i wish him, still now, all the best.

i still have 2 jerseys with # 11 - he was my favourite player honestly 10 years ago

Last edited:

Drew is OK in my book except for one glaring thing - his continued (on HIS part) need to beat the dead horse about being replaced by Brady.

He is bringing this on himself. Why? I have no idea. If I were in his shoes, I'd keep my fool mouth shut. The Pats won 3 SB's with Brady - -what is Bledsoe's argument there? It's like Rod Rust starting an argument that he was a better coach for the Patriots than Belichick. If you're holding a losing hand, it's just smart policy to shut up and fold.

Almost 5 years after the fact, Bledsoe decides NOW is a good time to complain about BB replacing him with Brady? Has there ever been a more stupid press conference statement?

(OK, a more stupid press conference statement by a Dallas Cowboy?)

(OK, a more stupid press conference statement by a Dallas Cowboy not named T.O?)

shmessy said:
Drew is OK in my book except for one glaring thing - his continued (on HIS part) need to beat the dead horse about being replaced by Brady.

He is bringing this on himself. Why? I have no idea. If I were in his shoes, I'd keep my fool mouth shut. The Pats won 3 SB's with Brady - -what is Bledsoe's argument there? It's like Rod Rust starting an argument that he was a better coach for the Patriots than Belichick. If you're holding a losing hand, it's just smart policy to shut up and fold.

Almost 5 years after the fact, Bledsoe decides NOW is a good time to complain about BB replacing him with Brady? Has there ever been a more stupid press conference statement?

(OK, a more stupid press conference statement by a Dallas Cowboy?)

(OK, a more stupid press conference statement by a Dallas Cowboy not named T.O?)

I have to agree. I really try hard to just remember the good old days with Drew, but it becomes very hard in light of some of the things I have subsequently learned about the situation here. Things Bledsoe is apparently still hung up on. And if he honestly believes the outcome would have been the same with him at the helm here, then I don't know what to say. Except he's totally delusional.

bah we dont need a stinkin appreciation thread. Thanx drew for a SB appearance and all you did here...but you suck now. You have sucked for awhile. No QB gets 10 secs for every pass play. Throw the damn ball away now and then.

I loved Drew.
He was drafted when i was 11 years old and actually "remembered" patriots games when i was living in Michigan.

Before when my dad had season tickets and we were in Mass, i don't remember any games, just fights in the stands and the "Aint's" guy getting the paper bag on his head set on fire.

Anyways, along with Ben Coates and Chris Slade, Drew was definitely one of my favorites.

He took us as far as he could and I'll never forget how he played against Pittsburgh when Brady went down. I don't know how many guys would have been prepared like he was and handled it that way.

I could do without his bitter comments but whatever.
Drew was the man.

Nice gesture, it adds balance to some of the "player hatin'" posts that have been going around here. Drew did well by New England, I wish him well.

I also agree with you about the Cowboys. Bledsoe is just a symptom of a diseased Dallas franchise. Jones, Parcells, and Owens have created one heck of a virus down there, and it's becoming contagious.

....psst, and it's Mo Lewis.

A trip down memory lane:

http://www.seacoastonline.com/1999news/9_23_s2.htm

Including one of a couple of my favorite Drew moments:

"They beat Miami 26-23 last Nov. 23 on a pass to Jefferson with 29 seconds left, then overcame Buffalo 25-21 Nov. 29 on a pass to Ben Coates with no time remaining. Bledsoe threw both with a broken right index finger that's now healed."

:confused:
Murphys95 said:
Nice gesture, it adds balance to some of the "player hatin'" posts that have been going around here. Drew did well by New England, I wish him well.

I also agree with you about the Cowboys. Bledsoe is just a symptom of a diseased Dallas franchise. Jones, Parcells, and Owens have created one heck of a virus down there, and it's becoming contagious.

....psst, and it's Mo Lewis.

:bricks: Was it really Mo Lewis? I coulda Sworn it was Cox? Oh well 8-(

Patriots4Ever said:
:confused:

:bricks: Was it really Mo Lewis? I coulda Sworn it was Cox? Oh well 8-(

It was definitely Mo Lewis.

Wasn't Bryan Cox a Patriot at the time?

Bella*chick said:

Your probably right.I just dont remember.Which sucks.Because I do remember watching the game,the hit as it took place.I guess Im getting old at 23.Lol
:rolleyes:
(

For all Drew did that was classy, team-oriented and upstanding, I'm gonna give him some slack re: his frustration with Belichick and, now, Parcells with this latest benching. The good far outweighs the bad with Drew. He is an exemplary person and a very solid QB. I have great, fond memories of him - I even have affection for the CRAZY, off-his-back-foot AWFUL picks he threw sometimes, which I admit is a helluva lot easier since we've won 3 out of 5 Super Bowls.

The fact that Drew was called upon to come in and help GET the Pats to the Super Bowl by managing the team to a win in Pittsburgh stands as one of THE great cosmic justices in my history of following sports. That is among a few aspects of that Super Bowl run that made it - MAKES it - truly perfect.

God bless Drew.

Last edited:

Bella*chick said:

Which is why we don't have any posters on this site named "BryanCoxrules".

shmessy said:
Which is why we don't have any posters on this site named "BryanCoxrules".

Oh my God.

Until this very second, I totally didn't get what Mo's screenname was referring to.

Talk about sloooooow!!!

Drew Bledsoes' letter which was a full page in the Herald after his trade was total class. I have it framed and hanging in my gameroom. His tribute to the fans and the area in that letter were clearly heart felt. I can only wish him the best.

dr said:
Drew Bledsoes' letter which was a full page in the Herald after his trade was total class. I have it framed and hanging in my gameroom. His tribute to the fans and the area in that letter were clearly heart felt. I can only wish him the best.

Any Idea where I could find a copy of that Letter?

Patriots4Ever said:
Any Idea where I could find a copy of that Letter?
My only guess would be to contact the Boston Herald. The Globe might have had it too.

Bella*chick said:
Oh my God.

Until this very second, I totally didn't get what Mo's screenname was referring to.

Talk about sloooooow!!!

Don't worry - I won't mention it to Willie55. You'd never hear the end of it!

I appreciate that Drew came here and I appreciate him leaving even more so. He, with the Tuna, Martin, etc. helped to turn the franchise around for a while. But count me in the camp that says they never would have gone all the way with Drew. The Pats used to lose almost all close games where clutch play was needed.

Now we win them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back