PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dreams of a WR Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Gymrat is a troll Danger. I think he's a fan. If that's the truth than he's welcome in my book. Look at your sig. Does it not ring true?
I agree, I think a troll is someone who means harm, and is intentionally trying to agitate posters. He does not do that, he is just ambitious and a little excessive with the weight loss, working out, and name dropping. Nobody is perfect though, certainly not me. Well aside from my 6-pack…JK I have more of a cage going these days.

I give you a lot of credit for the posts you made about his delivery of what he is saying, it made a lot of sense; you are an asset to this board you consistently show people respect and acceptance.

desmotivado.es_Why-cant-We-be-friends-_132592376442.jpg

I agree, I think a troll is someone who means harm, and is intentionally trying to agitate posters. He does not do that, he is just ambitious and a little excessive with the weight loss, working out, and name dropping. Nobody is perfect though, certainly not me. Well aside from my 6-pack…JK I have more of a cage going these days.

I give you a lot of credit for the posts you made about his delivery of what he is saying, it made a lot of sense; you are an asset to this board you consistently show people respect and acceptance.
Thanks B6. I don't think bashing on new guys is a good thing for this board. It's easy to do. Open the door a crack, let them in and recognize they might have something to offer.

It's easy to play internet tough guy, and I really haven't seen that from Gymrat. He's a Patriot fan from what I've gleened. The more the merrier I say.:D

As for perfection, well, I've been suspended before. :eek: Not perfect either.

Nobody can be upset at our wr corps or deficient players without being a fan. Just like people here love home team players even when some lack talent.
I don't think they lack talent GR. I think that they have a different type of skillset than you appreciate in wide receivers. You seem to feel Edelman is not a great talent. Well on the outside that is true but as a slot receiver he is actually an very good talent.

I don't think they lack talent GR. I think that they have a different type of skillset than you appreciate in wide receivers. You seem to feel Edelman is not a great talent. Well on the outside that is true but as a slot receiver he is actually an very good talent.
As a slot receiver Edelman is as good as they get in the NFL. Our WR's, while not elite, are an outstanding bunch.

Give them some time to gel. There's no Moss in this bunch, but alot of Branch's, Gaffney's, Givens' and Patton's. Tom will target the "open man". I see alot of "open" guys as long as Brady's at the helm.

Bout
You know Sharpe? Please elaborate. That's a contribution I think everyone would like to hear. I don't disbelieve you either, and I'm on record stating as much. You're a fan who wants the best interest for his team. Good enough for me.

I'm 5-3 and 675lb and can run the 40 in 3 days. JK, more like 5-9 175 and 42. I can run the 40 real fast depending on how many cops are behind me. :D. I'm even faster if the destination is a fast food joint.;)

Shannon Sharpe. We saw the same nutritionist. Well it was just one of his nutritionists. I talked with him nearly a half hour waiting to see Todd for some parillo bars and stuff. I attended University of Maryland for a year b4 transferring due to lower costs. I also knew Randy Starks a little. Anyways Shannon told us how were it not for utilizing flawless nutrition to maximize muscle til he felt it started slowing him down. He then targeted his body fat at 5-6% to in search of speed and quickness as close to a wr as he could get. He knew he would never have wr speed so he wanted to be fast for a TE yet powerful enough to block. Therefore his height wouldn't matter as long as he was nearly as dangerous a wr as most WRs while being powerful enough to block even at 6'2. He played at 231-235 lbs at a fluctuating 5-6% bofyfat. He was once up to 243 but said he said but felt much slower and had trouble getting open and running after the catch. He said that 15-20 lbs of fat is barely noticeable on guys 6'3 and taller. But also it was very true that it was like carrying a hiking backpack and most players don't realize it especially while their young. He mentioned a DE named Eric Curry that could be elite if he lost 20lbs of fat while adding 15lbs of muscle. He mentioned Michael McCrary became such a beast they had to start him when he followed a diet/flexibility regimen and gained 17 lbs of muscle while losing6-8 or so lbs of fat to get more powerful while a step quicker and more agile to become an elite edge rusher. He was already fairly lean but was frustrated over not adding power. He found a nutrition program that allowed him to add muscle and power without all out bulking up that would also mean fat. He also said McCrary played through a bad knee by getting even leaner to take weight off the knee or else he would not have been able to play in the Superbowl. He told me McCrary played the Superbowl at just 245Lbs.but had the power of his already lean previous 260 LB frame. AND was actually more effective because of being quicker and more explosive while just as powerful. Said he was actually the most dominant player in Superbowl (maybe playoffs to,don't remember completely)

He went on to tell me how so many players leave speed/power on the table if they would go leaps and bounds above the team training with nutrition first off to maximize their power and muscle while lowering body fat to gain speed/quickness. He said some players are total freaks n don't really need to cuz of gifted metabolism and ability to gain muscle with just team training. He told me he would have been a career backup/special teams if not for maximizing his power and quickness. And he is actually happy everybody else neglects it cuz it made him a multi time pro bowler through its advantage it gave him. He also talked bout the kwan do as part of extra flexibility training. He stretched an hour every day and jerry Rice 2 he's almost every day. Although the kwan do and other flexibility training helps lineman/Lbs the most. Allows to generate power from more angles/positions.

Who did I call fat LOL. Really. Everybody started picking on my posts when all I want is our players to play to their max potential. In all seriousness I know Shannon Sharpe(haven't seen him personally in years) He told me about players that could be much better and how he maxed his ability along with some others. He commended me and others for being in shape while attending classes/holding jobs while NFL players get played to do so and live in fast food joints.

----

He look big like he added significant weight this offseason.

Word up on if he lost those 15 LBS of body fat yet?

You quoted Pissah's post and answered with the following
You should worry bout yourself losing 15 30 100lbs whatever first.

Perhaps I misread the conversation, but your comment to Pissah is implying that he needs to lose 15 to 100lbs.. In my book thats calling him fat.

When you post photos of yourself and say things like (I'm going to paraphrase here because I dont want to look up every quote) "Shannon Sharpe commended me on how in shape I am", "I used to be like you guys", 'I hate to brag", "Wouldn't every male want to look like me", "Who wouldnt want to look in the mirror all day if they looked like this", "what is a troll?" (not to me) -its becomes difficult to give you the benefit of the doubt. Seriously, anyone that uses the Internet has to know what a Troll is. Nobody is that cool. ;)

I've expressed my opinion. Others have disagreed. I'll reserve judgement for now (though who cares?) Removing your shirtless Avatar selfie goes a long way in me thinking that maybe you do want to talk football.

Last edited:
You constantly blab on about Jackazzmouth Sharpe and seem to have ZERO comprehension of the FACT that he is a persona non grata amongst the Patriots fans in our fanbase. You also spout off like YOU know more than the Patriots staff about elite level sports nutrition. You don't.

Changes to Pats' scouting staff; team adds nutritionist - Extra Points - Boston.com

the Patriots have hired a new team nutritionist: Ted Harper. Harper has worked with U.S. Military Special Operations Command (SOCOM) as well as winter Olympics athletes.

On board since 2012. You SHOULD know this if you REALLY are a Patriot fan of any merit. I think you're a grandstander and a bandwagon jumper. Maybe because all your friends are Ravens fans and you so desperately want to stick out from them...something weird is going on around you and I refuse to buy into ANY of your space alienese until I actually SEE proof that you are, indeed, a bona fide Patriot fan.

I have nothing against trolls, just weasel trolls claiming to be Pats fans. Now don't get all fast twitched out and look on the bright side..if Anthony Kiedis ever needs a stand-in for the Chili Peppers next video, YOU'RE the guy.

Shannon Sharpe mentioned in his HOF speech how he used to eat turtle and roadkill.

I'm sure he got into nutrition later, and I'm not saying I don't believe your story, but he was hardly great based on nutrition alone. He had no choice most of his life; obviously Sterling didn't either.

Coates>Sharpe, all day.

Bout

Shannon Sharpe. We saw the same nutritionist. Well it was just one of his nutritionists. I talked with him nearly a half hour waiting to see Todd for some parillo bars and stuff. I attended University of Maryland for a year b4 transferring due to lower costs. I also knew Randy Starks a little. Anyways Shannon told us how were it not for utilizing flawless nutrition to maximize muscle til he felt it started slowing him down. He then targeted his body fat at 5-6% to in search of speed and quickness as close to a wr as he could get. He knew he would never have wr speed so he wanted to be fast for a TE yet powerful enough to block. Therefore his height wouldn't matter as long as he was nearly as dangerous a wr as most WRs while being powerful enough to block even at 6'2. He played at 231-235 lbs at a fluctuating 5-6% bofyfat. He was once up to 243 but said he said but felt much slower and had trouble getting open and running after the catch. He said that 15-20 lbs of fat is barely noticeable on guys 6'3 and taller. But also it was very true that it was like carrying a hiking backpack and most players don't realize it especially while their young. He mentioned a DE named Eric Curry that could be elite if he lost 20lbs of fat while adding 15lbs of muscle. He mentioned Michael McCrary became such a beast they had to start him when he followed a diet/flexibility regimen and gained 17 lbs of muscle while losing6-8 or so lbs of fat to get more powerful while a step quicker and more agile to become an elite edge rusher. He was already fairly lean but was frustrated over not adding power. He found a nutrition program that allowed him to add muscle and power without all out bulking up that would also mean fat. He also said McCrary played through a bad knee by getting even leaner to take weight off the knee or else he would not have been able to play in the Superbowl. He told me McCrary played the Superbowl at just 245Lbs.but had the power of his already lean previous 260 LB frame. AND was actually more effective because of being quicker and more explosive while just as powerful. Said he was actually the most dominant player in Superbowl (maybe playoffs to,don't remember completely)

He went on to tell me how so many players leave speed/power on the table if they would go leaps and bounds above the team training with nutrition first off to maximize their power and muscle while lowering body fat to gain speed/quickness. He said some players are total freaks n don't really need to cuz of gifted metabolism and ability to gain muscle with just team training. He told me he would have been a career backup/special teams if not for maximizing his power and quickness. And he is actually happy everybody else neglects it cuz it made him a multi time pro bowler through its advantage it gave him. He also talked bout the kwan do as part of extra flexibility training. He stretched an hour every day and jerry Rice 2 he's almost every day. Although the kwan do and other flexibility training helps lineman/Lbs the most. Allows to generate power from more angles/positions.
Good stuff man, I love it. Keep posting. This is what I was talking about. I'll respond better tomorrrow but this old ass needs some rest.:)

This needs its own thread instead of raining on GP thread. If we are to acquire a wr perhaps Bill wants to trade a future pick for an established coached up WR once the season starts and he can see the big picture of what's available. I liked Mike Williams. Had 11 TDs as a rookie which showed great raw talent. Noway we get him now though. Is there anybody you have in mind. Keep in mind there has to be a chance he becomes available. And he has to have talent to help us. Try to keep in mind to think of a wr you think has breakout ability or has underperformed on bad offenses with a bad qb. Maybe a troubled talent in need of disciplined structure. Or a wr a team figures to lose and would like a return. Then there's WR's unhappy on their current teams.

I like Quick if rams would part.Justin Blackmon if we could get him on the field(could be a steal) or Maclin if he hasn't lost his explosiveness. I also like Darick Rodgers potential but Noway colts are letting him go now.

Couple of thoughts
:

---Justin Blackmon most likely failed another drug test, as his suspension last year (or even previously) triggered a CBA clause that forces him to be tested on a very regular basis. The Jacksonville Jaguars have cleared out and moved his locker, and judging by their thoughts that "they don't see him playing in the NFL in 2014" all signs point to an additional failed test that we have yet to hear about. You don't automatically give up on the 5th overall pick franchise type WR who has proven to be effective when he plays if he's actually up for re-instatement. That doesn't mean the slightest bit of sense from JAX's perspective. At the very worst they would be able to get something in a trade for him.

---The chances of any "new" WR coming here during the summer and contributing much of anything are slim and none. We've seen borderline HOF caliber WRs like Holt, Galloway, C.Johnson, etc come in and fall flat on their faces attempting to pick up 1/4 of the encyclopedia like playbook and all of the finer nuances that go into its makeup. The only real example that I can think of that did a lick of anything would be Jabar Gaffney in the 2006 postseason when we had zero options and our star wideout was Reche Caldwell; and even then, he did absolutely nothing whatsoever in the regular season. The only players who will be added at the position of WR from now until the start of the season will be for depth purposes only, unless we'd really luck up and catch lightning in a bottle with a WR who was somehow one of the smartest football players to ever play the game. Even then, he'd likely need 3-4-5 other receiving options to go down in a heap of injuries in front of him to receive any real playing time.

Anybody who believes Ocho's problem was the playbook is lying to themselves. He was declining before we brought him in.
His skills were adequate. Ocho's problem was adjusting to the read-and-react nature of route running on which the Patriots' passing offense is predicated. He couldn't put himself where Brady expected him to be based on pre-snap/post-snap reads. He just couldn't "get it," and not every WR can because it's the league's most mentally complex and demanding system.

Please, let's end this fantasy football fanboy WR fixation. Having players at the position smart and disciplined enough to be in sync with Brady is what matters, not divas boasting monster physical talent. That's why they don't draft WRs in the first round or break the bank trading for one.

I wasn't calling him fat,you misunderstood my intent. First off joker you can't question my loyalty to the patriots or how badly I want us to win the Lombardi. Need proof dude? The anger and frustration I have over not getting a bona fide wr who can win on all levels can only come from a frustrated patriot fan. You can't get frustrated like that or care so much unless your a fan. I'll be more than happy to meet up with everybody for a game and some tailgating. I'll even send $$ ahead of time for ticket. As far as Shannon it turned me on to ideas for a method of our players to improve. I thought if anything we could get behind outworking everybody else and taking training/nutrition to a new level. I never claimed to know more than team training staff. However I have learned a lot about training/nutrition over the last 16 years or so. However I am more disciplined than most NFL players it seems. Lots of players seem to not realize their potential.

I have high expectations of our players and want them to be one of the best at their positions. I'm very excited for Stork, I just picture potential of our team especially players like Stork,Zach Moore,Buchanan, Fleming,Halapio, JonesVollmer,COLLINS,Hightower, Vereen,Dobson,Browner, Ryan,Dennard,Reevis. Along with established players like Vollmer,Solder hopefully Gronk stays healthy. And there are realistic reasons behind wanting improvements.

Stork-would like him to add 10-12 Lbs muscle evenly especially to lower body like Jones is doing while focusing on flexibility training. At 325lbs and training hard for lower body flexibility he can become top 5/6 center .

Hightower, reason for me liking his potential at 255 is this is a passing league with lots of speed and duel threat qbs who can gash slow defenses for 200 yards. 255 is still a huge mlb. Just 15 lbs lighter I think he adds significant burst to his current heavy feet. If he is nearly as quick as the top lbs with his size he could make duel threat qbs pay. How can you not like his potential ability.

Chandler Jones is taking care of himself getting bigger stronger.

Dominique Easley is a workout/nutrition warrior. I have no doubt he will be a total beast and weigh between a lean powerful295-300 lbs. He practices,trains,stretches hard. At nearly 300 lbs with that power he can do a split when he has ability to train legs.

Jamie Collins, one of most explosive in this league. Right there with mingo,a top 6 pick. Like many young qwik twitch athletes he could use some muscle. He can add 10-15 lbs with no loss in quickness. Ability to become top 4-3 blitzing lb in the NFL. He will be at his best at 260-265.(has run sub 4.6) If Hightower gets slightly faster,mayo returns healthy, this unit can chase ,zone cover hit as well as any in the NFL while featuring best blitzer in NFL and DPOY candidate in Collins. Awesome.

Zach Moore, potential to be a steal of draft. Big at 6'5 275 and a broad jump,vertical on par with elite WRs. He will benefit from NFL training/coaching. Has ability to run a 4.65-4.75 with some NFL level coaching. Raw ability on level of Jones/Michael Bennett

Logan Ryan,nearly 6' nearly 200lbs. Great in press with great ball skills and positioning. Ridiculous underrated makeup speed(watch YouTube when u get a chance) to good at cb to put at safety unless just filling in.

Browner can play some SS at double all pro level. Can cover slot and most big WRs MAN up. Can cover any TE. What other shorter pro bowl 5'10 SS around NFL can do that? None. Sure and physical tackler.

I'm tired,your totally wrong if anybody thinks I'm thinking wr fantasy stud. Will explain tomorrow. BTW those WRs were all old as dirt. Ocho never learned anybody's playbook at 34. All were smarter than Lloyd yet he could get it. If that were true the system is flawed if only short limited WRs can get it. Cuz system isn't so great that it helps them consistently produce as in for anybody who can learn it. Lack of playoff success. Anyways I'll explain what kinda wr in mind. BTW quick I know now wasn't as good as I heard.

I'm tired,your totally wrong if anybody thinks I'm thinking wr fantasy stud. Will explain tomorrow. BTW those WRs were all old as dirt. Ocho never learned anybody's playbook at 34. All were smarter than Lloyd yet he could get it. If that were true the system is flawed if only short limited WRs can get it. Cuz system isn't so great that it helps them consistently produce as in for anybody who can learn it. Lack of playoff success. Anyways I'll explain what kinda wr in mind. BTW quick I know now wasn't as good as I heard.

How do you guage intelligence of receivers? Wonderlic? Lloyd apparently had personality issues that caused clubhouse friction.

Now on page 4 and you have failed to identify a potential trade partner that makes sense for the Pats and their trading partner... while this may make sense in fantasy FB, but little sense here.

A suggestion that you might want to look into is to not hijack your own thread with tales of your workout and diet regimen, or name drop people like Shannon Sharpe may make your commentary more palatable.. brevity is a great value on this board.

Word

Gronk had to show Stinko where to line up in the Super Bowl. BB did not put Stinko out there despite having depleted WRs/TEs in the final 2 drive of the Super Bowl with the Pats down. No trust in him to know where to go.

During the 2011 season, the Pats were once called for illegal formation because Stinko covered up the TE. He had only been in the NFL 10 years and did not realize his mistake. Carson Palmer admitted that he and Stinko would run sand lot football plays - go down to the gatorade jug and turn to the sidelines.

Nobody can be upset at our wr corps or deficient players without being a fan. Just like people here love home team players even when some lack talent.

If you point out concerns or criticisms about the NE WRs it stirs the primates into a frenzy.

Theyll gang up together and throw feces at you.

----

You quoted Pissah's post and answered with the following

Perhaps I misread the conversation, but your comment to Pissah is implying that he needs to lose 15 to 100lbs.. In my book thats calling him fat.

When you post photos of yourself and say things like (I'm going to paraphrase here because I dont want to look up every quote) "Shannon Sharpe commended me on how in shape I am", "I used to be like you guys", 'I hate to brag", "Wouldn't every male want to look like me", "Who wouldnt want to look in the mirror all day if they looked like this", "what is a troll?" (not to me) -its becomes difficult to give you the benefit of the doubt. Seriously, anyone that uses the Internet has to know what a Troll is. Nobody is that cool. ;)

I've expressed my opinion. Others have disagreed. I'll reserve judgement for now (though who cares?) Removing your shirtless Avatar selfie goes a long way in me thinking that maybe you do want to talk football.
I did not read the interaction between him and Pissah, that was rude and trollish. I have seen a picture of Pissah and he doesn't look overweight at all. Personally, I could care less even if he was this is not model mayhams messageboard.

For what it is worth in my experience anyone who talks about fitness and appearance the way GR does make me suspicious of if they are even what they are attempting to portray.

For what it is worth in my experience anyone who talks about fitness and appearance the way GR does make me suspicious of if they are even what they are attempting to portray.

GR is probably a crossfitter. On the obnoxious "let me tell you how you are living your life wrong" scale, Crossfitters are very quickly becoming number 2 just behind vegans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST