PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dreams of a WR Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Thank you so much for pointing out what has been wrong with this team. This is a talent driven league more than EVER. The scheme's and systems that worked 10schemes ago NO LONGER WORK. Its the reason fans,analyst's, commentator's, and even former patriot Superbowl standout's are saying the game may have passed Bill by. Its the reason we never hear the end of spygate. Because people say his system/schemes that worked 3 times in a 4 year span hasn't won a championship in 10 years and counting. The offense has continuously taken steps backward when in AFC or Superbowl championship games. His defense Has consistently ranked last or near last. It has become more of a passing league and will continue to do so. Meaning playmaking wrs and passrushers take on more importance every passing year. Bills offense continuously features WRs who can't make plays on their own athletically while other offenses are consistently adding playmakers and improving while our offense is standing still. We have consistently got our by++$ kicked every year in the playoffs. Same weaknesses every year,WRs shut down and ZERO pass rush.

Bills failed draft picks was the result of drafting players who can be put in his scheme the quickest/easiest. Drafting players semi coached up schemewise and ignoring the idea of checking to be sure they have the talent to play in the NFL. The Rutgers picks, before that Florida picks and High tower whom was coached up by Sagan has been far outperformed by 4 LBs drafted after him who are more explosive and far better in coverage. Bill has drafted on talent more often recently. I hear there is a book out there that makes him look VERY bad for ignoring his scouts Warning's before he drafted his picks as well as warnings on semi-coached up players who lacked talent to play in the NFL. His scouts were right every they tried to warn him on busts like Merriweather,Maroney,Wheatley,price,Jackson, spikes,among many others. Bill seems to notice he needs playmakers at passrusher and WR. I had just heard about the freakish specimen Dominique Easley was like a week before the draft from some former college players at the gym. When I saw the pick I was shocked and excited. I was hoping to get him in the second but was excited still. A freakishly disruptive passrusher. Physical improvements from Jones,refinement from Zach Moore and just 10 lbs of muscle on Collins and this defense can and will finally consistently harass QBs. Himutower 10-15 lbs lighter may become the standout lb finally of his draft.

Saying a player needs to add some muscle/power or drop a couple lbs for Speed/Quickness is hardly a knock on a player guys. First off if he is alreadypotenguys good player it means he is one of the guys with vast untapped Potential/Talent. Many players are drafted every year with confidence he has great potential. OT's are drafted top 5 every year with hopes he adds muscle/power because the team knows he can do great things with a little work. Same with passrushers. Talented explosive passrushers who needs 10-20 lbs of muscle to reach his elite status/play the team drafting him believes he can be, are drafted top 5 every year. (Dion Jordan, Mingo,Aldon Smith, our own Collins) So its no knock,its a compliment. BTW imho Collins has more potential than Jordan and Mingo. And I don't want want to see HighTower outperformed by guys selected after him due to lacking burst/quick feet needed at LB. He has more potential than them guys bragged about outperforming him.

To all you people bringing up how much team trainers know more than me. So what,I hope they do. I hope they can motivate/train them to reach their max physical ability. For the record although I have paid to learn from renowned trainer/nutritionist and been told to pursue it,I'm not interested. I just know when a player has elite potential or vast ability they can reach. Hopefully team trainers/professionals help them reach it. IMHO one of reasons Browner was signed was to share with teammates what improving physical power/quickness can do to help them. As gaining power/speed through leaning out took him from cfl to NFL pro bowl. He will share that with his new teammates.

In the 10 years since Belichick has failed to win a Super Bowl, half the NFL could not even make it TO a Superbowl.

He got us there twice.

We went 18-1 and lost that Superbowl by 3 points. 3 points from perfect season marred only by a miracle catch that was voted the greatest super bowl play of all time by ESPN.

We lost the second Super Bowl by 4 points... during a f'ing rebuilding year.

The Broncos lost theirs 43-8.

I'm sorry to the people that disagree with this opinion, but for you to come in here after everything you've said previously and to write this garbage about how the game has passed Belichick by -my God, not even Florio or Borges is saying this kind of crap and they're just salivating for the opportunity to do so- it all adds up to you being a troll.

Thats just my opinion, taken everything you've said together, whether its done consciously or not -I don't know or much care.

Last edited:
Plenty of teams have picked towards the bottom for a few years running, very few have done what Dallas subsequently did.

Well, if we can trade Ridley for 3-4 starters and a ton of draft picks, we could duplicate what Dallas did wit Herschel Walker.

As good as Jimmy Johnson was drafting, tat incredibly skews his drafts so no one could logically compare them to other teams who didn't make the trade of the century.

The scheme's and systems that worked 10schemes ago NO LONGER WORK. Its the reason fans,analyst's, commentator's, and even former patriot Superbowl standout's are saying the game may have passed Bill by. Its the reason we never hear the end of spygate. Because people say his system/schemes that worked 3 times in a 4 year span hasn't won a championship in 10 years and counting.

I challenge anyone, including Jersey Shore, to google "game passing Belichick by," or any variation of that and link us to the analysts, players, commentators etc... who have said this.

Good luck, it has never happened, it is solely a figment of jersey Shore's imagination

Last edited:
I had just heard about the freakish specimen Dominique Easley was like a week before the draft from some former college players at the gym. When I saw the pick I was shocked and excited. I was hoping to get him in the second but was excited still.

The first time you heard about Easely was the week before the draft from college gym buddies.

Had i known you had such depth of knowledge of the draft and the prospects that you would already have heard about Easely the week before the draft I would have never questioned your expertise on it, nor your belief that you know much more about what Belichick should have been doing the past decade to put the right team together. I doubt Belichick had even heard of him until right before he picked him, and even then he didn't have the advantage of having your college lifting buddies filling him in.

damn man, i had no idea you have literally hours of knowledge on this stuff.

props to you.

In the 10 years since Belichick has failed to win a Super Bowl, half the NFL could not even make it TO a Superbowl.

He got us there twice.

We went 18-1 and lost that Superbowl by 3 points. 3 points from perfect season marred only by a miracle catch that was voted the greatest super bowl play of all time by ESPN.

We lost the second Super Bowl by 4 points... during a f'ing rebuilding year.

The Broncos lost theirs 43-8.

I'm sorry to the people that disagree with this opinion, but for you to come in here after everything you've said previously and to write this garbage about how the game has passed Belichick by -my God, not even Florio or Borges is saying this kind of crap and they're just salivating for the opportunity to do so- it all adds up to you being a troll.

Thats just my opinion, taken everything you've said together, whether its done consciously or not -I don't know or much care.

Belichick is really getting penalized for getting the most out of his teams. The 2001 team had no business there and he got the best out of them and they won it all.

2003 and 2004 they were simply the best team in football.

2006-They were screwed imo, Faulk made that first.

2007-One of the best teams in history, but the Giants played better and got the breaks and won, kudo's to them. That's still an unreal team and the idea it was a failure because they lost is crap.

2011-one of Belichick's best coaching performances, and there are many great ones. Most Patriot fans believed that team had no chance halfway through that season and both he and Brady milked it for all it was worth. They probably should have beaten the Giants but the simple fact they were that close was impressive in and of itself.

2012, 2013-Lost in Final Four each season, not the goal but also not something to consider a failure.

You simply cannot have THE BEST TEAM in football every year for years and years running, you lose and gain player every year and try to get the best you can out of that, and in the Patriots case under Belichick that is the best in the league and it is not close, and that's despite the NFL's structural balancing mechanisms doing all they can to create parity.

What you you can have, if the people running it are the best there is at their jobs is a team that is among the best year after year and in doing so give yourself the most opportunities to win it all, and that's what Belichick has created and continues to provide us with.They aren't the best team in football every year, but the best team doesn't win every year, only the champion does.

They weren't the best team in football in 2001, but they were the Champions because they won the tournament. On the other hand they were the best team in football in 2007 and they still weren't the Champions. And then once again they weren't the best team in football in 2011, but they were as close as you get to winning it all but lost.

My point is simply this, you try to put the best team you can out there each season and go as far with that as you can, and no team does that better than the Patriots under Belichick, and while he will have to win another ring or maybe two to get the recognition of GOAT he is on that doorstep and has a chance to win another one this coming season, and the idea being floated in this thread that he is somehow an obstacle to greatness instead of the biggest reason for it is nothing short of absurd.

No GM in football has given their team more chances to win rings in this century and the notion he is a bad GM is only supported by mental illness.

I never said he was decent, I said he was very solid. I also never said the 08 team was "weak".

I have said that plenty of success attributed to BB is due to Brady, I also think that BB the coach often bails out BB the GM.

Belichick is the GM, he hired Belichick the coach and chose Brady the Player. Both great moves, he deserves all the credit for them.

The Patriots gave Belichick full control of football operations, he could fire Belichick the coach or force him to resign any time he wants. He is however, loyal to both Brady the QB and Belichick the coach, good for him. Works for me.

Belichick is the GM, he hired Belichick the coach and chose Brady the Player. Both great moves, he deserves all the credit for them.

The Patriots gave Belichick full control of football operations, he could fire Belichick the coach or force him to resign any time he wants. He is however, loyal to both Brady the QB and Belichick the coach, good for him. Works for me.

Works for me also, all the rest is idiotic banter...

Those who post this tripe should take a look at any other team in the NFL and their draft/team building history...

Plenty of teams have picked towards the bottom for a few years running, very few have done what Dallas subsequently did.

Bill Belichick's Patriots did - - with nowhere NEAR the draft position headstart.

Thank you Thank you so much for pointing out what has been wrong with this team. This is a talent driven league more than EVER. The scheme's and systems that worked 10schemes ago NO LONGER WORK. Its the reason fans,analyst's, commentator's, and even former patriot Superbowl standout's are saying the game may have passed Bill by. Its the reason we never hear the end of spygate. Because people say his system/schemes that worked 3 times in a 4 year span hasn't won a championship in 10 years and counting. The offense has continuously taken steps backward when in AFC or Superbowl championship games. His defense Has consistently ranked last or near last. It has become more of a passing league and will continue to do so. Meaning playmaking wrs and passrushers take on more importance every passing year. Bills offense continuously features WRs who can't make plays on their own athletically while other offenses are consistently adding playmakers and improving while our offense is standing still. We have consistently got our by++$ kicked every year in the playoffs. Same weaknesses every year,WRs shut down and ZERO pass rush.

Bills failed draft picks was the result of drafting players who can be put in his scheme the quickest/easiest. Drafting players semi coached up schemewise and ignoring the idea of checking to be sure they have the talent to play in the NFL. The Rutgers picks, before that Florida picks and High tower whom was coached up by Sagan has been far outperformed by 4 LBs drafted after him who are more explosive and far better in coverage. Bill has drafted on talent more often recently. I hear there is a book out there that makes him look VERY bad for ignoring his scouts Warning's before he drafted his picks as well as warnings on semi-coached up players who lacked talent to play in the NFL. His scouts were right every they tried to warn him on busts like Merriweather,Maroney,Wheatley,price,Jackson, spikes,among many others. Bill seems to notice he needs playmakers at passrusher and WR. I had just heard about the freakish specimen Dominique Easley was like a week before the draft from some former college players at the gym. When I saw the pick I was shocked and excited. I was hoping to get him in the second but was excited still. A freakishly disruptive passrusher. Physical improvements from Jones,refinement from Zach Moore and just 10 lbs of muscle on Collins and this defense can and will finally consistently harass QBs. Himutower 10-15 lbs lighter may become the standout lb finally of his draft.

Saying a player needs to add some muscle/power or drop a couple lbs for Speed/Quickness is hardly a knock on a player guys. First off if he is alreadypotenguys good player it means he is one of the guys with vast untapped Potential/Talent. Many players are drafted every year with confidence he has great potential. OT's are drafted top 5 every year with hopes he adds muscle/power because the team knows he can do great things with a little work. Same with passrushers. Talented explosive passrushers who needs 10-20 lbs of muscle to reach his elite status/play the team drafting him believes he can be, are drafted top 5 every year. (Dion Jordan, Mingo,Aldon Smith, our own Collins) So its no knock,its a compliment. BTW imho Collins has more potential than Jordan and Mingo. And I don't want want to see HighTower outperformed by guys selected after him due to lacking burst/quick feet needed at LB. He has more potential than them guys bragged about outperforming him.

To all you people bringing up how much team trainers know more than me. So what,I hope they do. I hope they can motivate/train them to reach their max physical ability. For the record although I have paid to learn from renowned trainer/nutritionist and been told to pursue it,I'm not interested. I just know when a player has elite potential or vast ability they can reach. Hopefully team trainers/professionals help them reach it. IMHO one of reasons Browner was signed was to share with teammates what improving physical power/quickness can do to help them. As gaining power/speed through leaning out took him from cfl to NFL pro bowl. He will share that with his new teammates.
My goodness, man. WTF! What a way to start the day. Blessed with another massive manifesto from the Patfans version of the Unibomber. :eek: Not very well thought out, misinformed, overly long (and believe me I KNOW about going overly long ;) ) and most importantly....all about you. :rolleyes: Once again you try to put YOUR knowledge about physical training into the forefront of the post.

On the plus side, you should get points for you failed attempt at sarcasm, and your correct comments on Collins. You are far too focused on "the measureables". Lots of players have them, but if they were the only context to pick players then Vernon Gholston and Dontay Moch would have been stars.

Also you keep comparing players who are running in completely different systems. If all you do is rush the passer, you will obviously get better stats than the guy who has to play the run and cover as well, but who is really the better football player? Willie McGinest, IIRC, still holds the record for playoff sacks, but in his very long career, he only managed to hit double digit sacks ONCE, and that was under Pete Carroll. Dante Hightower had an excellent season last year, doing what BB asked him to do. If he's asked to do more this year, he'll have those stats you seem to think are so important.

BTW- if your goal has to be a lightning rod. You've succeeded....but then so did the unibomber. ;)

Why is anyone even responding to this imbecile gymrat? This is what he wants - attention. Unfortunately all he is doing is embarrassing himself and the forum. He should be posting on some AOL or ESPN message board.

Do not, under any circumstances, use facts, these guys simply cannot deal with them and run from them as fast as they can. This is the 3rd independent study, 2 ten year studies, and 1 five year study, that shows that the Patriots draft better than the rest of the league despite always picking at the end of every round. However Belichick did draft Ras I-Dowling and Chad Jackson therefore he simply cannot draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST