Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

If you were the GM and both were available, who would you draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That was with BB. I'm hoping they don't continue that.

It primarily is a practical matter. There are so many newcomers in camp not everyone can have their own number and you don't know who will make the team until late in the process. Aside from that, making rookies "earn" their place is a traditional rite of passage. In Dallas, for instance, rookies don't immediately get the star logo on their helmet.

would you say that's what Mac had?
No, Mac cowered from day 1 and frequently missed wide open guys especially in the flanks and the slot. I think he was locked in over the middle because he knew he couldn't make other throws.

He did have a quick release however but the advantage of a quick release is offset by a weak arm. If you have a quick release and a strong arm, that's when you have an advantage over the defense. How fast can you get the ball there when you identify the receiver to throw it to? That's the name of the game. And I think Daniels is better than Maye when it comes to that.

FWIW both qb's recently visited and are rated highly

Although I chose Maye I find it ironic that so many here don’t want Daniel’s when people were so excited at just a glimpse of Malik Cunningham, and so pissed Belichick let him go. The one thing that is certain about Daniels is that people will be glued to their sets watching him play, because he’s really exciting QB to watch. Every one of them are going to have to be coached up, and no one knows who will take to that coaching and who won’t. And none of us really know how passionate they are about winning, and what they will sacrifice to become great. Those are the attributes that made Brady the GOAT, and those are the qualities that will ultimately make or break these prospects.
Cunningham was a freebie who could have been found money.

Big difference from investing the #3 overall pick.

No, Mac cowered from day 1 and frequently missed wide open guys especially in the flanks and the slot. I think he was locked in over the middle because he knew he couldn't make other throws.

He did have a quick release however but the advantage of a quick release is offset by a weak arm. If you have a quick release and a strong arm, that's when you have an advantage over the defense. How fast can you get the ball there when you identify the receiver to throw it to? That's the name of the game. And I think Daniels is better than Maye when it comes to that.
Did he? I recall that he needed to really wind and twist when he tried to put any zip on the ball. Not the recipe for a quick release.

Are we or is this a ploy to keep raising those trade offers?

Mac and Justin Fields are both examples of a team mis-managing a resource. Both would probably have been much more successful with a team going in the right direction - e.g., a Minnesota.

If Daniels is gone and McCarthy is their next QB, does that open a door to trade down to grab Harrison and risk losing their QB, or do you take him at 3?

I know it's irrational, but:

1) I think they should choose Maye.
2) I hope they choose Daniels.

Why? The Daniels pick just seems like more fun. Shallow, eh? Besides, it's not as if we are really going to be a position to choose which one we get. There is not a certain enough differential between the two to justify trading up, after all, and only one of the two is likely to be available at 3, so it's probably a "you get what you get" deal. If they really don't like what they get, I suppose they can hope somebody will choose to overpay big time for the third pick, which they probably won't.

This draft is the most intriguing in a while, isn't it?

was is going to draft Maye I’m almost sure of it.
I think Patriots are looking to trade down if that happens.

Did he? I recall that he needed to really wind and twist when he tried to put any zip on the ball. Not the recipe for a quick release.
He had a very short compact throwing motion

How does that even happen? He killed at least one guy and there may be more. Not the actions we expect from a seasoned member of this board :rofl:
I call this on myself...

Embarrassed Shame GIF

Mac and Justin Fields are both examples of a team mis-managing a resource. Both would probably have been much more successful with a team going in the right direction - e.g., a Minnesota.
People still underrate how truly horrific Mac is as a QB -- is and always was. The initial skepticism that caused that stunning moment in the draft room should have been the one they went with. First thought, best thought.

I don't care. I take whoever is left after the Commanders' pick.

Here's how I see it:

Size: Maye>Daniels
Outside the numbers throws: Daniels>Maye
Over the middle throws: Maye>Daniels
Rushing: Daniels>Maye
Decision Making: Daniels>Maye

It's really a coin toss....I'd be happy with both...and even happy with a trade down for at least 3 first round picks.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back