Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

If you were the GM and both were available, who would you draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't care. I take whoever is left after the Commanders' pick.

Here's how I see it:

Size: Maye>Daniels
Outside the numbers throws: Daniels>Maye
Over the middle throws: Maye>Daniels
Rushing: Daniels>Maye
Decision Making: Daniels>Maye

It's really a coin toss....I'd be happy with both...and even happy with a trade down for at least 3 first round picks.
All those matter
But the most important part of being a great QB in the NFL is Mental Toughness and Intelligence
Mental Toughness can develop the “IT” factor. That won’t be known till the ball starts to fly
If you feel that Intelligence is what you are refering to Decision making that is a big bonus for Daniel’s

I’d love to know if the story about BB loving Daniels is accurate. I know he was terrible picking WR’s. QB’s he was not so bad. Brady, Cassell, Jimmy G. I truthfully believe he did not want Mac. He looked disgusted at Mac’s Pro Day. Then going down the line asking everyone if they wanted the choice of Mac before sending the pick in. I don’t care what anybody says. That was Kraft desperately trying to fill the void of TB to ease the STH’s.

Its easy to make great decisions when you have a top 5 o line and wr's who are probably top 10. Tougher to make them when you are running around for your life trying to wait for your crappy receivers to get open. BIG ADVANTAGE MAYE

Stay as far away from Daniels as possible. He is an excellent jets draft pick.

maye is not Joe Montana jr. he processes the field slower than an old ibm 386 computer.

If we take maye. The question is what will he look like after sitting out a year?

With reports coming out Daniel’s was mad he was visiting Was the same time as as 4 other QBs.

I think Was is now taking Maye.

That puts me on McCarthy or a trade down.
Daniels is trying to get to the Raiders, if Washington has him #2 they'll draft him, they are working to trade for Aiyuk to reunite them and seems they are still on that path. Just because Daniels wants to play for Pierce doesn't mean all the teams will pass on him or let Raiders trade up. He can have a preference but if he's not going to refuse to play for the team that drafts him.

Maybe Washington decides in the last week they don't want someone trying to tank their status to get to the Raiders and maybe they take JJ or Maye, hard to tell, but I'd still wager that today they take Daniels.

Daniels is trying to get to the Raiders, if Washington has him #2 they'll draft him, they are working to trade for Aiyuk to reunite them and seems they are still on that path. Just because Daniels wants to play for Pierce doesn't mean all the teams will pass on him or let Raiders trade up. He can have a preference but if he's not going to refuse to play for the team that drafts him.

Maybe Washington decides in the last week they don't want someone trying to tank their status to get to the Raiders and maybe they take JJ or Maye, hard to tell, but I'd still wager that today they take Daniels.
I wouldn’t draft someone playing those games.
Maye Mccarhy Nix Rattler.

If Williams goes first and maye goes second, would you trade down to 6, and hope McCarthy is available then?????

Jayden Daniels is the type to take off and run if he is pressured and the receivers are covered.

And I don’t think it will be a viable long term option for the slender QB.
His sack rate was high in college, and it will be much worse in the NFL, especially without the star wideouts of LSU to throw to and the higher caliber athletes chasing him down. Good college QB, but I don’t see him excelling on the Patriots.

His sack rate was high in college, and it will be much worse in the NFL, especially without the star wideouts of LSU to throw to and the higher caliber athletes chasing him down. Good college QB, but I don’t see him excelling on the Patriots.
I agree but I keep telling myself anything is better than Mac.
But if Maye is gone and we are looking at Mccarhy and Daniel’s I want McCarthy or a trade down.

Why can’t we take Marvin Harrison Jr then trade back up using future picks to grab McCarthy or Nix

34 and a first in 2025 should get us back in the high teens which is where one of Pennix,Nix, McCarthy will be.

I've heard Maye is much more suited to AVP's offense.

I think Daniels could be another Justin Fields.

I've heard Maye is much more suited to AVP's offense.

I think Daniels could be another Justin Fields.
34 and a first in 2025 should get us back in the high teens which is where one of Pennix,Nix, McCarthy will be.
Daniels FLOOR is slightly better Justin Fields, Fields will never be accurate because he has an uncorrectable bad throwing form. Daniels does not have that issue, so you get a more accurate Fields t

I prefer Maye because he has a better arm, he can make some elite throws Daniels can't but Daniels makes elite runs that Maye can't.
Daniels is less likely to bust but Maye is more likely to be a top 5 QB where Daniels is all but guaranteed to be, at worst, the 20th best QB in the NFL.

McCarthy is going in the top 10 and very likely by 4-6, Nix is not an NFL starting QB. Penix can't scramble, he will not last the year taking all the hits he would get in the NFL with his injury history.
So, you have to take JJ, Maye or Daniels at 3 which is what IS MOST LIKELY (99%) going to happen.

Daniels QB responsible allowed pressure % was 17.4, Maye was 25.7, Nix 28.6. Justin Fields was 28.6 in college.
His O line was responsible for 72% of his pressures vs 65% for Maye. Maye had a worse line, but LSU played in the SEC not the ACC, the pass rushers were much better in the SEC.

I looked back historically at these sack #'s, despite the one person announcing they translate to the NFL and everyone just buying it, they are not as predicative as you think once you start checking the data. A very bad # and a very good # translate. In between numbers are more hit or miss. It does mean Caleb Williams and Bryce Young might compete for the sack record. They both are amongst the all-time worst in allowed pressure %.

Daniels FLOOR is slightly better Justin Fields, Fields will never be accurate because he has an uncorrectable bad throwing form. Daniels does not have that issue, so you get a more accurate Fields t

I prefer Maye because he has a better arm, he can make some elite throws Daniels can't but Daniels makes elite runs that Maye can't.
Daniels is less likely to bust but Maye is more likely to be a top 5 QB where Daniels is all but guaranteed to be, at worst, the 20th best QB in the NFL.

McCarthy is going in the top 10 and very likely by 4-6, Nix is not an NFL starting QB. Penix can't scramble, he will not last the year taking all the hits he would get in the NFL with his injury history.
So, you have to take JJ, Maye or Daniels at 3 which is what IS MOST LIKELY (99%) going to happen.

Daniels QB responsible allowed pressure % was 17.4, Maye was 25.7, Nix 28.6. Justin Fields was 28.6 in college.
His O line was responsible for 72% of his pressures vs 65% for Maye. Maye had a worse line, but LSU played in the SEC not the ACC, the pass rushers were much better in the SEC.

I looked back historically at these sack #'s, despite the one person announcing they translate to the NFL and everyone just buying it, they are not as predicative as you think once you start checking the data. A very bad # and a very good # translate. In between numbers are more hit or miss. It does mean Caleb Williams and Bryce Young might compete for the sack record. They both are amongst the all-time worst in allowed pressure %.
I agree with most of this, but "Daniels is less likely to bust" may not adequately take into account the far greater likelihood, given his build and manner of play, that Daniels' career is far more likely to be curtailed or compromised by injury.

I see arguments pro and con re both Daniels and Maye and will not squawk if they choose either of them. As for McCarthy, each year there is at least one qb prospect who rises - usually without justification - merely because the commentariat - desperate for something new to talk about - grows weary of extolling the players previously thought, typically correctly, to be superior. That said, I could see him as a reasonable choice if they choose to trade down to grab an LT or WR with a lower 1st-round pick, a thing I suspect they will not likely do, frankly.

Decision Making: Daniels>Maye
Daniels can’t do progression reads. He’s a big time athlete who takes off running as a consequence. His slight build makes me think he’ll be injury-prone in the nfl.

Maye is clearly the better prospect. But when asked to carry more of the load this past season he forced the issue at times. His INTs went up and his accuracy went down.

I expect that to continue in either Washington or NE. A lot of pressure being taken early as the franchise QB.

Trade down, folks.

I like that Maye had to work behind a crappy line w/ not-so-great receivers and didn't crumble. Maybe Daniels wouldn't either but we don't know.

I'm almost convinced the Redskins take Maye at 2, so then it's Daniels vs McCarthy, or trade down. Daniels is a one hit wonder that had elite receivers. His frame is too slight to last at NFL QB. He doesn't like throwing over the middle. So now I'm down to McCarthy vs trading down.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back