PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft the beast!

n6249c

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I’d love to see Cody end up in Foxborough. What about you?

"He's the only guy in this draft class who has proven he can play all five spots," Senior Bowl executive director and former ESPN draft analyst Jim Nagy said. "Those guys are really hard to find. In the [Senior Bowl] game, he played left guard, center and right tackle, so he's proven he can play on both sides, which is big, too."

Meet Cody Mauch, the most interesting offensive lineman in the NFL draft

FF1AC77F-C30D-499F-8C66-5CDA3A2A0456.jpeg

Or with Onwenu in a contract year (not likely and not my choice):
LT: T. Brown
LG: C. Strange
C: D. Andrews
RG: C. Mauch
RT: M. Onwenu

I think we need a legit tackle which he isn’t. I wouldn’t use our 1st or 2nd on him as he’s likely gonna be an interior OL in the NFL

Or with Onwenu in a contract year (not likely and not my choice):
LT: T. Brown
LG: C. Strange
C: D. Andrews
RG: C. Mauch
RT: M. Onwenu
Onwenu's best position is RG. It would be foolish to move him out to RT because it's probably the weakest of the 3 positions he's played.

Mauch's arms are shorter than Matt Light's 33" arms and Isaiah Wynn's 33 3/8" arms. If you're going to kick someone out to tackle, you're better off moving Stange (though most want him moved to Center) since he's got an almost identical build to Light, but is more athletic.

If he slips to day 3, yep.

When Anton Harrison is gone, and only Matthew Bergeron is left, teams are going to scramble to trade up in the 2nd round to grab him.

no thanks...I want the guy who knocked his teeth out...
Not sure knocking his teeth out was anything special. I love Cody just grinning about it. That’s the spirit I want. Knock his teeth out and he don’t care.

We need LEFT Tackles.

Cody Mauch & his T-Rex arms (same problem Skoronski has) can Not stay at Left Tackle in the NFL.

If he's still available on Day 3 after we've drafted a Legit LEFT Tackle, then have at it. Otherwise...
we'll draft a safety under 6 feet tall with 4.7 forty speed...why?..."he was a real field general at Numbnuts State and a hard hitter...will bring real versatility to our defense"

it is what it is and it is what he does...brace yourselves...the shytstorm is on the horizon

If Florida DT Gervon Dexter can get off the snap quicker (understatement lol) he can be Chris Jones. Steal in the 3rd/4th round.

When Anton Harrison is gone, and only Matthew Bergeron is left, teams are going to scramble to trade up in the 2nd round to grab him.

For our needs, Bergeron is a better option than Mauch is.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back