PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft Nuggets and Rumours.

Cris Carter also on Mike and Mike said he can't talk about it, but he thinks something will happen today with Peterson (made it obvious he had some sort of information he couldn't share).

Carter also said La'el Collins might be closer to the murder of the pregnant woman than we think at the moment.

Cris Carter also on Mike and Mike said he can't talk about it, but he thinks something will happen today with Peterson (made it obvious he had some sort of information he couldn't share).

Carter also said La'el Collins might be closer to the murder of the pregnant woman than we think at the
moment.

SMH..

The fact anyone can be involved in a murder is ridiculous, but even more so when its a kid thats on the verge of making MILLIONS.

I hope Collins doesn't t get drafted at all. What a clown.

SMH..

The fact anyone can be involved in a murder is ridiculous, but even more so when its a kid thats on the verge of making MILLIONS.

I hope Collins doesn't t get drafted at all. What a clown.

I'll just say we really don't know what happened in this situation and if Collins had any involvement. The police have said so far that he isn't a suspect. It is possible that he is incredibly unlucky and simply because of the timing of this situation he won't have a chance to clear his name before the draft. If that is the case I will feel terribly sorry for a young man that will have not only lost the mother of his child (presuming it is his) but also millions of dollars for doing absolutely nothing wrong and being a victim of circumstance.

On the other hand, if he is involved then the situation is far more serious and the NFL draft will be the least of his worries.

Just saw this rumour on Twitter from an Eagles reporter I believe:

Titans give up #2

Eagles give up two firsts, a future 2nd and Fletcher Cox, Vinny Curry and Mychal Kendricks.

I take it Chip doesn't want a defense if true.

Titans give up #2

Eagles give up two firsts, a future 2nd and Fletcher Cox, Vinny Curry and Mychal Kendricks.

If I'm Tennessee I take that trade in a heartbeat.

Fletcher Cox is an excellent player and could be even better than Leonard Williams.
Curry gives you a nice insurance policy in case Orakpo gets hurt again.
Kendricks is an excellent, athletic LBer who would help further strengthen the Titans front 7.

That's 3 guaranteed contributors, if not starters as well as two first round picks and a future 2nd.

Imaging if they were then able to add:

19- CB- Kevin Johnson/Byron Jones
20- OT- DJ Humphries/Cedrick Ogbuehi/Ereck Flowers
33- S- Landon Collins

I can't see how they could turn that down if they were offered it.

Edit: Just as a fan, I really hope some team makes a trade for #2 because it will add so much excitement to this draft

If I'm Tennessee I take that trade in a heartbeat.

Fletcher Cox is an excellent player and could be even better than Leonard Williams.
Curry gives you a nice insurance policy in case Orakpo gets hurt again.
Kendricks is an excellent, athletic LBer who would help further strengthen the Titans front 7.

That's 3 guaranteed contributors, if not starters as well as two first round picks and a future 2nd.

Imaging if they were then able to add:

19- CB- Kevin Johnson/Byron Jones
20- OT- DJ Humphries/Cedrick Ogbuehi/Ereck Flowers
33- S- Landon Collins

I can't see how they could turn that down if they were offered it.

Edit: Just as a fan, I really hope some team makes a trade for #2 because it will add so much excitement to this draft

I'd take it too. The only thing is that Cox and Kendricks will need new contracts. But yes, I'd take that in a heartbeat.

I'd take it too. The only thing is that Cox and Kendricks will need new contracts. But yes, I'd take that in a heartbeat.

I think one of the benefits of having a young QB like Mettenberger is they should be able to spend money on other areas. To me giving Cox a new contract is a no-brainer. If they aren't in love with Kendricks for whatever reason or aren't keen on giving him a new contract then they could always flip him for another pick.

Personally I think this package is better than the RG3 one because you are getting known commodities back. I know on here we all love prospects and dream on potential, but adding guys that you know can play in the NFL along with a handful of picks will have a bigger impact than what the Rams ended up with.

I think one of the benefits of having a young QB like Mettenberger is they should be able to spend money on other areas. To me giving Cox a new contract is a no-brainer. If they aren't in love with Kendricks for whatever reason or aren't keen on giving him a new contract then they could always flip him for another pick.

Personally I think this package is better than the RG3 one because you are getting known commodities back. I know on here we all love prospects and dream on potential, but adding guys that you know can play in the NFL along with a handful of picks will have a bigger impact than what the Rams ended up with.

Excellent point. Wouldn't argue with you at all. If this is true, the only thing that could be holding the Titans back is seeing what the Browns might offer. The only drawback to this trade for the Titans is that they're dropping to twenty in the draft which is fairly steep.

@NBCDianna

I'm told the Redskins are planning and hoping to take Dante Fowler Jr. at 5 tonight. If not, look for them to go OL. #Redskins #NFLDraft

Excellent point. Wouldn't argue with you at all. If this is true, the only thing that could be holding the Titans back is seeing what the Browns might offer. The only drawback to this trade for the Titans is that they're dropping to twenty in the draft which is fairly steep.

The other issue could be they might want a 1st rounder next year just in case Mettenberger doesn't work out, so they have the ammo to move up and get a QB then. Maybe if Cleveland was willing to give up next years 1 for Bradford instead of 12 or 19, then the package may be even more attractive. We know this draft is lacking blue chip prospects and they may be all gone if they move down too far, and the Browns aren't looking like they will be improving too much next season (especially if Bradford were to get hurt again). Maybe they would be more interested in gambling on a worse Cleveland pick and/or a stronger draft next year.

@NBCDianna

If its true that Atlanta also covets Dante Fowler Jr then a trade up with Oakland at 4 would make sense.

If Amari Cooper goes 3, Atlanta moves up to 4 to grab DFJ, then I think NYG could move up to 5 to grab Leonard Williams.

So many exciting possibilities. **** I LOVE THE DRAFT!

FWIW, Mort on Mike and Mike doesn't believe the Eagles will be able trade up for Mariota. He thinks Bradford refusing to sign an extension in Cleveland could be a major hurdle.

Personally Mort thinking it wont happen only gives me more confidence it could happen.

If its true that Atlanta also covets Dante Fowler Jr then a trade up with Oakland at 4 would make sense.

If Amari Cooper goes 3, Atlanta moves up to 4 to grab DFJ, then I think NYG could move up to 5 to grab Leonard Williams.

So many exciting possibilities. **** I LOVE THE DRAFT!

Agreed. Other rumour I've seen is the 49ers and Raiders possibly having a trade in place of the player the 49ers want is there at 4. Presumably Williams or Cooper. My guess would be Amari.

Agreed. Other rumour I've seen is the 49ers and Raiders possibly having a trade in place of the player the 49ers want is there at 4. Presumably Williams or Cooper. My guess would be Amari.

I think Williams would be a perfect fit as a Justin Smith replacement. But the 49ers have so many holes in their roster that I think it would be an enormous mistake to give up what it would take to move up that far. But that just shows the unpredictability of the draft, I think this first round is going to be crazy.

Titans give up #2

That's a lot to give up for a vastly overrated prospect.

Titans give up #2

interesting, but worth it for philly if you absolutely think mariota is the next stud QB. i don't think the giants regret it one bit trading up for eli. it's a boom or bust trade for philly.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back