PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft Nuggets and Rumours.

I've said it elsewhere, but if he's available at #32, the Patriots ought to give serious consideration to Alabama's Amari Cooper.

The thing is, he's played in an NFL type system that Nick Saban runs down there. It's very similar to New England's, with similar terminology, so the transition would be much faster for him than for some other team.

Cooper has the hands, he's got a clean record for injuries and background stuff, and most of all he's got the discipline and attitude to fit in with the Patriots locker room.

You got the cocaine planted on him already ?

http://www.walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill.php

In terms of getting feedback from general managers for my final mock draft, one interesting recommendation was to have Wake Forest cornerback Kevin Johnson going off the board in picks 9-16. Their team had Johnson rated second behind Michigan State's Trae Waynes. They thought that Waynes would go somewhere in the top 12 and that Johnson will be up next to a team that wants cornerback help. There is a quiet buzz around Johnson in talking with teams. We know other teams picking in the teens that have Johnson in the mix for their selection. He could go higher than many expect on Thursday night.

If Chip Kelly desires a cornerback, then Byron Jones may be off the board with the 20th overall pick.

Yeah, it's unlikely that Cooper remains available at #32, but I'm not giving up hope. Stranger things have happened in the draft. :cool:

Trade down at 32 sounds good to me..

...but if one of CBs Marcus Peters, Byron Jones & Kevin Johnson (& Eric Rowe?) is available,
then I would be very tempted to keep the pick. It's not like we're starving for draft picks this year,
and I feel that our need at CB is so strong that I would seriously consider not doing what I usually
would prefer to do at the end of the first round, and that's trading down, just as Bill had done in 2013
but surprisingly did not do in 2014.

Kelly also needs WRs, so I'm hoping that he picks one there…probably not, sadly...

they sent the whole eagles staff to byron jones' pro day. i do not expect jones to fall to 32. however, with waynes, jones and johnson off the board, peters could bcom abailable.

...but if one of CBs Marcus Peters, Byron Jones & Kevin Johnson (& Eric Rowe?) is available,
then I would be very tempted to keep the pick. It's not like we're starving for draft picks this year,
and I feel that our need at CB is so strong that I would seriously consider not doing what I usually
would prefer to do at the end of the first round, and that's trading down, just as Bill had done in 2013
but surprisingly did not do in 2014.

Of course.. whatever makes sense situationally..

Safe to assume the browns are moving on from Johnny football?

Both Tre Jackson and Arie Kouandijo have knee issues that were found at the combine that could make them slip

Both Tre Jackson and Arie Kouandijo have knee issues that were found at the combine that could make them slip

What I read is stronger than that apparently both have failed a number of team's physicals which probably renders them undrafteable to those teams. The question is, is it true? And how many teams?

Three from Russell Lande:

1. The Packers are targeting Denzel Perryman at 30

2. The Falcons have told Shane Ray they are taking him at 8

3. Phillip Dorsett is "in the mix" for the Eagles at 20. FWIW, Jeremiah and Rapoport also talked about this.

Three from Russell Lande:

1. The Packers are targeting Denzel Perryman at 30

2. The Falcons have told Shane Ray they are taking him at 8

3. Phillip Dorsett is "in the mix" for the Eagles at 20. FWIW, Jeremiah and Rapoport also talked about this.
Not sure how much smoke the falcons are blowing here.

What I read is stronger than that apparently both have failed a number of team's physicals which probably renders them undrafteable to those teams. The question is, is it true? And how many teams?

This is what is going to make the draft very interesting. Every year we see players slip due to medical issues that we never hear about until after the draft. Day 3 could get very interesting with these type of guys potentially still on the board.

they sent the whole eagles staff to byron jones' pro day. i do not expect jones to fall to 32. however, with waynes, jones and johnson off the board, peters could bcom abailable.

I'm convinced that if Marcus Peters is on the board at 32, the Pats need to sprint to the podium.

What I read is stronger than that apparently both have failed a number of team's physicals which probably renders them undrafteable to those teams.

Drat, drat, drat. It seems like every player I have zero interest in is dropping like a stone, pushing the players I do want up another notch.

"7. … I think there’s one exception. New England likes USC wide receiver Nelson Agholor. If I were Bill Belichick, I wouldn’t be getting cute late in the first round, particularly with three picks between 96 and 101. I’d take the guy I’d like. Even if I could get an attractive first-round picks next year for the 32nd pick, I’d still take a receiver Agholor now if I could. (But I do think he’ll be gone before 32.)"

This is complete nonsense. I was going to mention something along the lines of, whoever wrote that lost a lot of credibility, but then I saw it was by King so....

There is no way that NE passes on a future first rounder that couldn't possibly be any lower and likely comes with a 4th+ kicker for a WR. It won't happen. Hell, I'll be gobsmacked if they select a WR in the first round, period, let alone passing on that kind of trade opportunity.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back