PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My Return to the Thread and Thoughts for NE

JerseyShore99

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Missed the thread and just had to get back here and share my thoughts:
1) The Draft better never leave NYC again, what a disaster

2) Great talent this year, loved watching the draft and am looking forward to the final day and UDFAs

3) Horrible QB class this year but I think Winston shines in TB, maybe not right away but he'll definitely show flashes, Mariota becomes a bust in TEN and wastes years of his life in Nashville instead of under mad man Chip Kelly, the only man who can succeed with him at QB

4) Focusing on NE, I loved the Brown pick at 32, major steal, after Tomlinson and Shaq Thompson were picked I wanted to trade down for a monster package but Brown is an animal, reminds me of a poor man's Suh and physically looks like a young Vince, I didn't think the need at DT was huge as NE went to the AFCCG in '13 with Chris Jones and Vellano and Sealiga but now they're logjammed behind Easley and Brown, Branch too, hopefully DE and MB create havoc for QBs for years to come, I love NE's DT group

5) Brown is one of my early DROY candidates along with Dante Fowler, Vic Beasley, Shane Ray, Randy Gregory, and Jalen Collins

6) Speaking of DROY, my top candidates for OROY are Winston, Amari, Gurley, Abdullah, and Scherff

7) On to NE's other picks, Jordan Richards is a ridiculous reach, just like Wilson and Harmon, but he's a smart, good communicating, hard hitting, versatile DB, sorta like a cross between the previous two safety reaches noted, he'll likely compete with Ebner and Harmon as Chung's backup, this selection didn't address a need but BB knows best, I personally would have preferred CB PJ Williams from FSU or OG AJ Cann, guys who address major needs and would likely be immediate starters

8) BB traded 96 for 3 Day 3 picks, which I don't mind at all, but then spent #97 on Geneo Grissom, an extremely versatile DE from Oklahoma, this was another reach but I don't mind it as much as Jenkins, BB was extremely high on him at his PC last night and he brings some more speed and versatility to NE's front 7, reminds me of Ayers in some ways and hope to see him contribute soon, I would have spent the pick on Paul Dawson from TCU, an athletic LB who's human highlight reel
If I was forced to stay at the picks NE used, my draft on the first 2 days would look like:
32: Jalen Collins, CB, LSU
64: AJ Cann, OG, SC
97: Paul Dawson, LB, TCU

9) Still early but my favorite draft classes from '15 so far include CAR, DET, JAX, NYG, OAK, ATL, BAL, CHI, and CIN, but my favorite will clear up today with some way higher than others, my favorite classes in '13 (at the time) included ARI, BUF, CIN, and MIN while my favorite '14 (at the time) classes include HOU, JAX, KC, NYG, STL, and TB

Enjoy Day 3 Everybody, let's hope NE takes some "binkies"

Missed the thread and just had to get back here and share my thoughts:
1) The Draft better never leave NYC again, what a disaster

2) Great talent this year, loved watching the draft and am looking forward to the final day and UDFAs

3) Horrible QB class this year but I think Winston shines in TB, maybe not right away but he'll definitely show flashes, Mariota becomes a bust in TEN and wastes years of his life in Nashville instead of under mad man Chip Kelly, the only man who can succeed with him at QB

4) Focusing on NE, I loved the Brown pick at 32, major steal, after Tomlinson and Shaq Thompson were picked I wanted to trade down for a monster package but Brown is an animal, reminds me of a poor man's Suh and physically looks like a young Vince, I didn't think the need at DT was huge as NE went to the AFCCG in '13 with Chris Jones and Vellano and Sealiga but now they're logjammed behind Easley and Brown, Branch too, hopefully DE and MB create havoc for QBs for years to come, I love NE's DT group

5) Brown is one of my early DROY candidates along with Dante Fowler, Vic Beasley, Shane Ray, Randy Gregory, and Jalen Collins

I have loved our last three Drafts.

Bill is building an awesome Defensive team. Amid cries of secondary doom, he now has at least 3 solid starters one at CB and two at S. Plus numerous other candidates. The Front 7 is on the way to the best in the League overall.

Next Draft will be Offensive oriented, and directed at the skill positions IMHO.

Observation: Any Draft that produces a future NFL starting QB is a success with nothing more.

6) Speaking of DROY, my top candidates for OROY are Winston, Amari, Gurley, Abdullah, and Scherff

7) On to NE's other picks, Jordan Richards is a ridiculous reach, just like Wilson and Harmon, but he's a smart, good communicating, hard hitting, versatile DB, sorta like a cross between the previous two safety reaches noted, he'll likely compete with Ebner and Harmon as Chung's backup, this selection didn't address a need but BB knows best, I personally would have preferred CB PJ Williams from FSU or OG AJ Cann, guys who address major needs and would likely be immediate starters

8) BB traded 96 for 3 Day 3 picks, which I don't mind at all, but then spent #97 on Geneo Grissom, an extremely versatile DE from Oklahoma, this was another reach but I don't mind it as much as Jenkins, BB was extremely high on him at his PC last night and he brings some more speed and versatility to NE's front 7, reminds me of Ayers in some ways and hope to see him contribute soon, I would have spent the pick on Paul Dawson from TCU, an athletic LB who's human highlight reel
If I was forced to stay at the picks NE used, my draft on the first 2 days would look like:
32: Jalen Collins, CB, LSU
64: AJ Cann, OG, SC
97: Paul Dawson, LB, TCU

9) Still early but my favorite draft classes from '15 so far include CAR, DET, JAX, NYG, OAK, ATL, BAL, CHI, and CIN, but my favorite will clear up today with some way higher than others, my favorite classes in '13 (at the time) included ARI, BUF, CIN, and MIN while my favorite '14 (at the time) classes include HOU, JAX, KC, NYG, STL, and TB

Enjoy Day 3 Everybody, let's hope NE takes some "binkies"

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back